Notices

Saggy mother skin!

Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Saggy mother skin!

Hey everyone! Anyone struggling with trying to lose the stomach "sack" after giving birth? I've had 2 kids and have been told there's no way to get rid of it. Have I been told wrong? Anyone have any tips on how to lose it?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

The best I can tell you
is to do as many crunches(sit ups)
as you can. You can also try
dancing, Belly Dancing is nice for
stomache muscles. -Rina
Old 01-20-2010, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Without surgery I don't think you can, I lost 80 lbs in a year and my stomach will never be right again, even my new doctor saw it and couldn't believe I had never had kids. I think that with a mix of overall weight loss and things like crunches, and of course, over time...some of the skin may shrink back, but no more bikinis for me.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RinaRainbow
The best I can tell you
is to do as many crunches(sit ups)
as you can. You can also try
dancing, Belly Dancing is nice for
stomache muscles. -Rina
I've been doing Zumba alot...This has given me some nice abs in the top half of my stomach so I guess I'll keep doing it xD Thanks for ur reply~
Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Amoran2220
Without surgery I don't think you can, I lost 80 lbs in a year and my stomach will never be right again, even my new doctor saw it and couldn't believe I had never had kids. I think that with a mix of overall weight loss and things like crunches, and of course, over time...some of the skin may shrink back, but no more bikinis for me.
Oh wow, that sucks! Good job on all that weight loss! How did u lose it? I don't actually need to lose weight I'm probably a little underweight for my height, I managed to lose the sack after my first child but I did that by crash dieting, which I really don't wanna do again lolz. Thanks for the response, I guess I'll work on those crunches
Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

I have three, who are no longer kids, and even when I was down at a good weight I couldn't get rid of that horrible, loose pouch! I'd like to have some tips too!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

makes me think twice before having children. haha
Old 03-22-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone - I've got the same problem. I've been dieting and working out since January, and seeing results, EXCEPT in the lower stomach! I will also add crunches to my routine, see if that will work. Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

I had a hanging pouch after having my kid, and then I filled it up with a cake baby. I don't know what it's going to look like when I lose the weight I want to lose. I'm sure it won't be pretty.