Community
Notices

Fave snack

Old 07-09-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Just wondering if anyone has more original or new ideas for snacks? I do the cottage cheese, tuna, greek yogurt, eggs, etc. Even if I have a range of 10-12 snack staples, I'd like to mix it up with something new every now and then. I've done a little searching online, but most websites list thes same things I'm already eating.

Just looking for new ideas if anyone has them!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

I have a sweet tooth, so I buy bags of sugar free hard candy. There are crystal light candies and werther's (sp) sugar free candies at Walmart.

Also, mixing a packet of diet coco mix (25 calories) with plain instant oatmeal is good too...or adding sugar free jam to the oatmeal.

Also, sometimes just giving in to your cravings is best, otherwise you might end up binging (like I do).
Old 07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

For me, it's gummy bears. I don't normally have a hard time with portion control but every once in a while I'll just get this urge to literally shove my face full of them.

I still get funny looks eating them though, the only reason I even buy them is for PWO carbs and as a little sugary satisfaction. I'll be leaving the gym, covered in sweat with a protein shake in one hand and serving of gummy bears in the other. I guess people don't get it. =/

Oh well.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Unroasted almonds, I will eat about 10 as a snack. They have healthy fats that help to satiate hunger. (At least it works psychologically for me.)
Old 07-17-2010, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Frozen berries....man. I can easily go overboard on them more than anything I eat. I feel like there should be some kind of movement for mothers to give their kids bowls of blueberries instead of ice cream. It tastes freaking awesome and is JUST LIKE ice cream after you let it thaw a lil bit (3-5 min).
Old 07-17-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by knobish
Frozen berries....man. I can easily go overboard on them more than anything I eat. I feel like there should be some kind of movement for mothers to give their kids bowls of blueberries instead of ice cream. It tastes freaking awesome and is JUST LIKE ice cream after you let it thaw a lil bit (3-5 min).
Me too! Love frozen fruit of any kind really. I especially like frozen berry smoothies, and I'm getting the kids hooked on them too. Yummmm.....
Old 07-17-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl
Just wondering if anyone has more original or new ideas for snacks? I do the cottage cheese, tuna, greek yogurt, eggs, etc. Even if I have a range of 10-12 snack staples, I'd like to mix it up with something new every now and then. I've done a little searching online, but most websites list thes same things I'm already eating.

Just looking for new ideas if anyone has them!
Have you tried soy nuts? They come in different flavors, and although they aren't on my top ten list of snacks they are a bit addictive in their own right.

We also like to make/eat frozen smoothie pops in this house. I just make up a batch of smoothies (with or without protein powder) and toss it into the popsicle maker. Actually in order to make smoothie pops, I have to make 2-3 batches of smoothies because the first couple get slurped down before they make it to the freezer. My kids hear a blender and they just come a running, I draw a crowd much faster than the ice cream man - seriously.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fresh Organic Peaches

Right now this is my fave. I cant get them all year long but I went to our local farmers market this week and picked up some fresh organic fruit. If your off the processed sugar then you know these are like candy. I indulged in three of these yesterday and fit day says a med. peach is only 35cal. If I'm craving a dessert I picked up a box of low cal "So Delicious" coconut milk ice cream sandwiches. 100cal/3.5g fat each. This is for the after dinner cravings and they are good very good.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:28 PM
FitDay Member

I love to snack on frozen veggies especially corn, broccoli and green beans! I eat them frozen which I know is a bit strange, but to me they taste better uncooked. It also helps with those ice cream cravings I get that cold icy illusion and they are much sweeter uncooked. I also love pickles. Popcorn is also a big one for me.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by knobish

My kids learned that you can paint with frozen blueberries. Take a blueberry and rub it on some paper. It leaves a magenta mark which quickly turns blue. Like magic!

Oh, yeah, and they are delicious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.