Notices

Weight loss buddy

Old 07-16-2010, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Sweet! Congrats! I also had a happy scale morning too. 156, not 156.5, not 157. This is the first time it dipped below 156.5 in five days. Yeah! Confetti time.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

I would love to have someone help me!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

IrishDiva,

Welcome! I noticed you were in some of the other threads. So, what's your story? You know, the regular questions: how much you want to lose, how you're going to do it, etc. Stay around and chat a while!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iceland77
Sweet! Congrats! I also had a happy scale morning too. 156, not 156.5, not 157. This is the first time it dipped below 156.5 in five days. Yeah! Confetti time.
Yeah! I love it when the scales move in the direction we want!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IrishDiva14
I would love to have someone help me!!!
Welcome! How can we help you?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

I'm bringing this thread back up!

How are you doing 25Less? Has the week been good to you? I'm still at the same weight, but, I'm sore. My muscles have been overloaded I think. However, today is one of my off days. Whoo-hoo!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

The scale hasn't moved much, but I'm still working out quite a bit. I had a Panera bear claw late Saturday evening, so I did 6 miles on the treadmill on Sunday to make up for it. LOL!

I'm still able to eat just about anything, but I steer mostly toward the healthy stuff and watch my daily calorie count. Depending on the day, I consume between 1200-1500. Some days I struggle just getting to 1200 calories.

I had a real dinner last night, since I hadn't consumed many calories earlier in the day. I was actually able to eat what I cooked for my family and didn't have to eat a grass sandwich or a ton of fruit.

I need to be careful about eating though. My body has adjusted to eating fewer calories, so I'm not hungry that often. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode, so I have to force myself to eat something. All I've had today is a granola bar and I just ate that at 11 AM. Not good.

Last week, I had an issue with getting nauseous while working out, so I Googled the issue. I found out that I was becoming overheated, because the fan on my treadmill broke and I wasn't able to keep cool. That caused heat exhaustion which caused headaches and nausea. I bought a new fan and have been great ever since.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Tomorrow is our weekly honesty day, ladies! How's it going? I'm going to work out now, so I'll post later - if I'm not dead tired.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

25Less,

Hey, I've been MIA for the last couple of days. I got food poisoning on Tuesday, and binged on Ginger-ale, chicken soup, and Saltines yesterday. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and take my body measurements. Yeah, I don't think the scale has moved much this week, but I noticed that my current workouts aren't producing the results I want lately. My goal when I hit the gym is to become extremely sweaty; I want to leave the gym soaked. Haha. Today, I got back and I'm only half sweaty (how disappointing!). So, I guess my body is adapting to my current routine and now it's time to switch things up.

I hear you on the consuming less calories lately. It's hot, and I really don't feel like eating much. Then, to top it off, food poisoning is a real bummer.

Glad to hear that you figured out the fan issue! If my bike didn't have a fan, I don't know what I would do.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

I hope you're feeling better. I was on the soup and ginger ale diet back in December after surgery, but I knew that's what I'd be eating, so I was kind of prepared for the mundane meals. Food poisoning just sneaks up on you though. So not fair!

I'm pretty convinced that my body is in starvation mode now. I've eaten 1 meal and 1 snack today and it's 3:30 PM. I had been eating small meals and snacks every 2-3 hours, but I'm not feeling very hungry these days.

My workout needs to be switched up a bit, too, because the scale isn't budging now. After drinking 1-2 bottles of water during my workout, I usually weigh another 1-2 lbs, but lose it fairly quickly overnight.

The bottom line is that I still weigh 137. I had that brief happy-scale moment when I weighed 136 last Friday, but that didn't last for more than a few hours. LOL!

My goals this week are to go back to eating small meals several times/day and changing up my workout routine. I'm still running 2 miles/day and doing weight training and toning every other day, but I've been doing that for a month now. Time to switch!

Best wishes, losers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.