The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 6/23/10 >

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 6/23/10

Community
Notices

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 6/23/10

Old 06-23-2010, 06:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tjkhoover

FAVOR TO ASK: Could those of you having success with regular weight loss post your calorie intake, height, age. I am not sure if I am taking in too much or too little. It sure would help me gauge a bit better.
I'm 5'5'' and 28 years old. I consume between 1300 and 1500 cals on a non-workout day and up to 1700 cals on a workout day.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

FAVOR TO ASK: Could those of you having success with regular weight loss post your calorie intake, height, age. I am not sure if I am taking in too much or too little. It sure would help me gauge a bit better.
Don't be discouraged! I'd much rather be smaller than be a number on the scale that no one will ever see but me and my doc!

anyways- I am 5'6" (my new) scale says I am 197.5lbs, I am 23. I had a lot of trouble losing weight in the past, but since I've really been working on my mindset and cut out sugar- I feel much more in control and as if I am making a permanent change. I exercise 5-6 times a week for varying amounts between 30-90 minutes. 2-3 time strength and the rest walk/jogging on the treadmill, sometimes a combo of both. My calories vary, but probably average out to 1500 a day (sometimes 1300, sometimes 1600). Mainly I try to get as much nutrition as possible.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

heyguys- i would love to check in on wendesdays with you all. my name is kaitlin ...

i am 6"2 and weigh currently 212.8 down 2.2 pounds since i start about 4 days ago-

Nessa- i like you would like to be far away from that 200 number... i would like to atleast get to 190 by halloween (my fav holiday) ten pounds isnt far away but..it is a start!

i'll be brutally honest the thought of working out 3/week and what i eat sounds somewhat dreadful but i am willing to do it for the end product and i am hoping to connect with some supports to help along the way.....perhaps this group!?

my week so far- well it is my first week so it has been hard- yet my bf is very supportive which helps. i am finding myself feeling almost sick i think from my diet change- my body seems to be sleepy and dragging all the time... hope this changes.

Look forward to next wendesday!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

I'm short, almost a whopping 5'-2", 41 year old female, and I try to keep my calorie intake at 1,350-1,650/day, my water intake at 72-100 ounces and my calorie pie chart at 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% good fats. I also try and keep my calorie deficit at 1,000-1,500, and I put 10,000 steps on my pedometer even if I have to run up and down the stairs a few times before bed. Most days I don't have to worry about my steps because I spend an hour either running or on the elliptical 6 days/week. I also get to the gym for an hour twice a week, where I warm up on the stationary bike, lift weights and do some core strengthening exercises.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

WOW, almeeker you rock. We are the same age and roughly the same height. I'm a whopping 1 inch taller than you. I have been trying to raise my protein intake and have it at about 30-35%. I find it so difficult. Do you mind sharing what you eat in a typical day to get your protein at 40%?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to our group Kaitlin!

Thanks everyone for posting your stats, calories, and things that work for you. Appreciate your input very much.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

Well here is my update: I have finally hit my wall. I didnt lose any weight I maintained this week. However, I did lose 1/2 inch around my waist from last week so I guess my lifting routine is the reason I havent lost weight I am building muscle this is what I am telling myself.

Kaitlin welcome to the group. We are here all the time and I log on everyday and check the board for and new updates or questions asked. You are amoung friends here.

Together we can reach out goals.

Frank
Old 06-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats to you all on what you've lost and what you've gained in the way of learning what works and what doesn't.

Missed the Wednesday check in--the moon is full and work is always crazy; it's not just an old wives' tale! Trying to focus on maintaining and not slipping into forgetting to eat, then grabbing anything I can find when I finally get a break. Been doing okay with that.

Welcome, newbies; glad to have you

tkjhoover; I am 42, female, and 5'2". I am on maintenance now so calories run from about 1500 - 1800, depending on the workout schedule. When I was losing, I plugged in my numbers and followed this site exactly: Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs. Average calories were about 1300-1350 a day, though I did cycle them as the site suggests; higher on workout days, lowest calorie day on my rest day.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 06-24-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,
Sounds like you all are doing great. I started going to a 2x/wk exercise class on 6/14 and am surprised to find out I actually like it.

I'm 61 years old, 5'7", and on 6/23 my weight was 192.5, down one pound from 6/16. I've been weighing myself daily, but I'm thinking this weekly check-in is a really good idea. I'm really close to being overweight instead of obese, and I want I want I want that.

My highest weight was 230 in 2007. I started tracking again on Fitday on 5/31 at 197 and set a mini-goal to reach 185 by 8/30 - that's 12 pounds in 13 weeks. I'm happy to report that so far I've been below the projected loss line on my weight goal graph even though there are lots of ups and downs along the way. Today I'm up a little, and very close to that line - I need be careful in order to keep going down along with it.

Alice
Old 06-26-2010, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

You are doing a great job Alice...you will meet your goal as long as you keep at it!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be on vacation next week and in a place where internet does not exist...can you believe it?!! Anyhow, I hope that I will be able to bring a nice come back even though I have been on vacation. Plan to stick to the plan and continue to workout. Actually I will be helping on a farm and bailing and stacking hay....that should give me a workout. I almost hesitate to call this a vacation. Oh well...activity is where its at right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.