Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 6/22/10

Old 06-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 6/22/10

Hope everyone had a good week! What's everyone got?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:39 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning, ladies!

I've lost 2 lbs and am down at 123.5 lbs! Yeah! I haven't gotten much sleep lately and have a busy weekend coming up, so I hope I can keep up my energy level. Am still logging in every bit that wanders into my mouth, but don't really exercise all that much anymore. I need to get back to scheduling my workouts, b/c the minute I stop working out my back pain returns (I had a lumbago in October and was diagnosed with Spondylolisthesis in April. I didn't want to take any pain killers, so I started working out instead and was doing SO great!). Anyways, am travelling down south on Thursday for my job interview and will be treated to gorgeous food (my boyfriend's father lives in the area), so hope I can stay on track with my calorie counting.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by MollySue2; 06-21-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

Great progress, MollySue! Good luck on that interview!

Well, MollySue is a testament to what happens when we log food honestly. I DID NOT this past week and my scale shows it...up 1.5#. I also missed a couple of workout sessions, so even though this may sound like bad news--it really isn't since it proves that planning and accountability is the way towards progress (at least in my case). Today's a new day...fresh slate. Got my cardio and abs trained already this morning, meals are planned, so I'm aiming to do the next right thing.

Looking forward to reading how everyone is doing!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I'm happier. My weight is still at 144, BUT my waist line is at 32 and my hips are down to 38.5, which is about an inch loss. Whew. I think that protein idea is working. Still not used to that scale not moving, though.

Have a great week, everyone.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Oh and I also added in one day (25 min) of interval training.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Ladies!

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone's doing! This summer has proved to be a busy one. I've been doing some serious hiking and rock climbing with the beautiful weather. Spent Father's Day afternoon tackling a rock face that I haven't attempted since the car accident and it went extremely well. I'm really proud of what my body can accomplish, at my age, when I eat properly and keep my weight down.

Maintenance is going very well. I haven't logged foods in over a month and have been able to stay within 2 lbs. of where I am now. It seems that at 47 I finally got the message that it is a lifestyle change and just a matter of breaking old bad habits and refraining from letting them re-enter your life.

I recently adopted a very small kitten and find it very much like keeping an eye on a toddler! Hard to do things like cook meals and leisurely sit at my laptop but I'm getting the hang of it. lol If you want to stay active, adopt a rescue kitty or puppy... believe me, you won't sit for weeks!

Been thoroughly enjoying catching up on posts and am so happy to see all of the new faces continuing on with such a wonderful thread. Promise to jump in here more as I can... I've missed you guys!

Enjoy a wonderful day!

quinn
Old 06-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Great job, Michelle; glad you are seeing some progress! MollySue, good luck with the job interview and with your calories...home cooked specialties are a bear to figure out how to log into FitDay! Beth, you'll have that 1.5 back off in no time, even if it is a legit gain as opposed to water or whatever. You are so right; we may know what works, even though we don't always do it .

I was beat yesterday and skipped my workout, too. Work has been and will be brutal this week so I need to be extra careful to not skip meals and then eat everything in sight when I walk in the door at home, as well as the other bad "busy" habits I catch myself in. All in all, though, can't complain. It's taken me 42 years to be at peace with my body and I'm going to enjoy that today.

Hope you all have a great week! Thanks for coming back and sharing, on Tuesdays and other days. It helps so much !

Ah, Quinn...good to see you; you must have been posting as I was! Glad things are going so well; it sounds like you are having a wonderful summer!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm new

Hi everyone.. I just want you all to know that you totally inspire me.... I have 10-15 pounds to loose and seeing so much success helps me to know that I can do it too... thank you
Current weight: 142 Height 5'6"
Goal weight: 125
Old 06-22-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Well Girls, I'm about to give up. I logged every calorie staying between 1300-1500 (1200 wasn't showing any weight loss, so I upped it) with the exception of a graduation party on Sunday where I left myself most of my days calories just in case and don't think I went too over. I changed my workout routine and did 6 days of cardio/weights that each day had sweat dripping in my eyes, and my body exhausted and yet I gained another pound.
So, in about 6 weeks, I have gained back 5 pounds that I had lost, and no it's not muscle weight. My clothes still feel the same, but I can tell my stomach/waist look "fuller" to me. I know the first 3 pounds I put back on where from my going back to some old eating habits and not logging my food, but I have really been trying and it's not working. Help!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mambo, give it one more week...I swear it takes my body a week to catch up and show a lower number on the scale. Keep doing whatever good habits you can keep doing for now. The scale is just a number, don't let it rule your life. A few pound gain, while extremely frustrating and maddening, is still small. Give yourself some mental leeway and relaxation so that you don't stress out too much over this. I've been there, many times. I'm not sure what to do but just keep moving forward. Maybe eat in the range of 1200-1700?? I don't know your height, but if you're working out really hard then be careful to replenish with some fruit (carbs for energy) and lean protein (to restore muscle). Do you feel think the foods you are eating are healthy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.