Notices

Tracking "Alchohol"???

Old 01-05-2016, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tracking "Alchohol"???

Why does fitday track alchohol content in foods??? I haven't seen alchohol on a food label yet.
Could fitday add "sugars" and "calories from fat" entries?

thanks
Old 01-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Because people still drink martinis.

Search 'martini' in the food log!
Old 01-07-2016, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'll drink to that!

Beyond that, food label nutrition facts are recognized as limited and even viewed as misleading. Take a look at the article currently up on FitDay by Sarah Dreifke.

Using the FitDay database of foods as a first source of nutrition information is good because it includes much more nutrition information than the food labels. Although you do need to watch some of the information. I've learned that there is no such thing as accurate information, just more accurate and less accurate.

Sugar is a carbohydrate and from what I've learned from nutritionist and other health practitioners is that it is not treated differently by the body than carbohydrates from grains and starchy foods (i.e. bread and potatoes). So there really isn't much point in tracking it separately from carbohydrates. Hope this helps.