have been thinking.... >

have been thinking....

Community
Notices

have been thinking....

Old 06-09-2010, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default have been thinking....

that you definately have to be ready to start a lifestyle change for health or weight loss. people nag and complain about how heavy they are and how hard it is for them to lose weight but they won't even try to use the right tools no matter how many times you recomand it, or even walk them through it. for me, when i came across fitday, it was the greatest tool that i had found to date. to share the knowledge and blessing, i have been recommanding it to friends who have been complaining about their weight, but, to my surprise, they have a look and say that it wont work for them, not even giving it a small chance!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default change is tough

People never want to accept the responsibility for their action/inaction.

My wife says that Fitday is complicated. This is coming from a woman who used to weigh everything and calculate Weight Watcher's points/exchanges.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:37 PM
FitDay Member

Fitday is a great tool. I had been on my weight loss journey for quite some time when I found Fitday. It has been a great tool that has helped me acheive my goals(although I'm not done). I too have recommended Fitday to others. I don't believe anyone I have promoted Fitday too is currently using it.

If you read others success storied most talk about a point in their life when they decided they were going to do whatever it took to lose weight and get fit. The people that have reached that point in their life see Fitday as a great tool to help in their weight loss journey. Those that haven't reached that point apply the same excuses that keep them from losing weight on their own.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

I absolutely agree. My best friend has been trying to lose weight for longer than I have. The difference is that I really decided to do it, no excuses, and have lost a lot of weight. She, on the other hand, has just gained more. I've tried to give her the tips and tricks that have worked for me, I lend her my newest favorite workout DVDs that have given me the best results, but she just comes back with the excuses. "That workout was boring", "it didn't make me sore so I it's not working", "I eat healthy and workout for a week and then I just stop." It goes on and on. I just figure it will happen for her once she really decides. I wish my friend would get some inspiration from me and see that it really is possible.

People joke that getting healthy is my part-time job because I really take it seriously. But when her and I talk, she just get mad and says she doesn't want to hear about exercise or eating healthy the whole time we're hanging out. We live in different towns and don't see each other for a month or two at a time, but she never tells me how good I look either; it's very disheartening that she can't even be happy for me.

I just keep up the best friend support system and hope she'll come around eventually.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Positive thinking

Hi, I've just joined up, literally (from Australia) and found this thread to be the one I can relate to best .. a get on with it attitude, no excuses, no excessive self absorption/pity. I think it's important to listen to positivity and the positive voice in your head..kick the negative to the kerb!

That said, enough of the sitting at the computer; on with the walking shoes and get moving! Thanks so much for the motivation gained by reading your posts. It will help enormously to keep me honest.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Oooooh can I relate to this topic. I've been seriously dieting, losing weight and getting fit since the day after Christmas this year. To date I've lost quite a bit of weight, so people ask me all the time how I'm doing it. So I try and tell them and I get the "pooh pooh that would never work for me routine". I don't know exactly why that is, but it is. I think for most people to lose weight they have to give up something they love, so it's easier to say "I can't do it". It'll be interesting this weekend, we're going to visit some folks, a couple of which are very overweight. I've decided to have a heart to heart with one of them about trying fitday. A pep talk of sorts, I hope I can get through, but it didn't work the last time we saw them, so I'm not especially optimistic.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, I pretty much agree. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I'm still hoping the hubs will come around, I've invited him on a family walk a few times, I always get "I'm tired, maybe tomorrow"... So I put on my shoes and the kids and I go. Vacation's coming up soon, he'll have 3 weeks off, I have 2 weeks, and we'll be way up north without the internet and no distractions. Maybe he'll get it in gear, but it's up to him, I can't make him do it and I can't do it for him. Two of the girls I work with are way overweight, so I've pretty much stopped talking about dieting at work, but I AM gonna wear my new "urban style" size small scrubs and they can just deal Had another client today ask me how much weight I've lost, gotta love that! Can't wait for vacation pics so I can compare them to last year's. I'm usually the photographer, so I don't have many pictures of myself.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Ah, Lizzy, you and I are in the same position with our hubbies. This week I made a deal with mine...we each set 2 goals and every day we reach them equals 10 minutes of massage per person per goal at the end of the day. So far I've made it more than he has but he did do one day this week, so I'm hoping it will catch on .

It seems foreign to me that not everyone wants to talk about diet, nutrition and exercise as much as I do, so when people ask how I lost my weight, I have to remind myself not to go on and on. Maybe they are waiting for me to say "magic bullet, here; you want one?" and when I don't, they lose interest? I dunno. I will talk about it to anyone who asks and will listen, but if not, I don't push it. But I do make sure that people know I am here as a resource for support and info if they do make the commitment.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

same goes with my hubby AND kids!!!!!! they see me eating healthy, but that is just too healthy and boring for them. exercise, oh, forget it, they're always too tired! sometimes i feel it's too selfish of me to look after myself that well, but how could i drag them to exercise with me when they're not the least interested????!!
hubby keeps telling me that i have lost so much weight(i really haven't lost all THAT much yet) and how good i look, and how one of these days, he'll start to watch his portions too and exercise, but i have been waiting for that day for quite some time now!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Yup I can definatly relate to this!!

I was always a really skinny kid, and was a skinny teenager until I was about 15 or 16. I was one of those annoying people who ate sooo much junk food, had huge portions and never gained weight. Until all of a sudden I did. I didnt even notice for awhile as I was so used to being skinny. But all of a sudden I was 1 or 2 dress sizes bigger.

But then I decided I was gunna get rid of it. I did it the right way. Just cut out all the junk and started exercising again. I had comments from my friends about how lucky I was, because I could just lose all the weight so fast. I would tell them how I did it. I just go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and I try eat healthy most of the time. But they never listen.

Every single one of my (female) friends that has joined a gym has gone a couple of times and then never again. And started these diets (sometimes crazy diets) that last a few days. A week at max. And then wonder why they stay the same weight, or gain weight.

Healthy lifestyle change isn't nearly as hard as most people make it out to be. I think you jsut have to be sensible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.