Notices

Custom Foods recipes how do you add them

Old 09-28-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I don't think FitDay has that function, but you can go to this website [removed link] to get the nutrition information and then load that in as a custom food. When you get to calculating number of servings, just measure your recipe out to see how many 1/4 cup servings are in it, put that in the box for number of servings, and that should give you your nutrition info. Hope that made sense.
Excellent link! Thanks, most helpful!

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-08-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Question recipe converter

Since Fit Day does not have a recipe converter ( which I wish it did ), does anyone know of a good site?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Yes! Go to nutritionaldata. One you register (for free!) you can do tons of things like create recipes and get the nutritional data, etc. I SO wish these 2 sites were combined. It would make the process so much easier.

Good luck.

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-23-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

I use this one at sparkpeople -- mostly because you can get the data without even having to sign up (though you have to sign up to "save" a recipe)

Good luck

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-23-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the SparkPeople link. The recipe calculator is much easier to use. unfortunately, but I will still have to use another site for my Glycemic Index info.

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-23-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Adding recipes

I was wondering if there is any way to add all the different parts of a recipe to create custom foods. For instance I often make fruit smoothies for breakfast. I don't want to have to add every ingredient to my daily foods everytime I have one. It would be much easier to create it once and save the recipe.
Thanks.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

I wondered this as well. What I have done with the salad that I bring every day for lunch is to use a blank day in my food log and log all the ingredients in and take the values of that whole meal and create a custom food called Salad - lunch made at home...or something like that. Then if I add something special like chicken or tuna I can just add that one ingredient to my food log that day.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

I've looked for this "adding" feature and couldn't find anything. When I made a recipe for Zesty Peas recently I just took all the individual values off of the cans etc. and added them up manually. It was a lot of work but at least I got an accurate picture of the nutritional value. So long as I added everything correctly, that is.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Another member, cjohnson, gave out the link to this recipe calculator:

[link removed]

You enter the components of the recipe and the number of servings, and it'll calculate the macros and nutritional values for you. It's sometimes not perfect, since it's doing "average" values for certain things (like noodles, maybe) but it'll probably be pretty close. Then I do what wildbeanerz does, I'll make a custom entry like "Turkey noodle casserole with reduced fat cheese" or whatever it is that'll make me remember that particular recipe.

If I tweak the recipe a lot, I'll add the extra additions as a different food item (or subtract from the servings I ate).

Not perfect, but close enough

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-08-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

I do pretty much the same as taubele, with [link removed] recipe analyzer. It's a lifesaver for my more complex recipes.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-08-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.