Protein Shakes/Smoothies Recipes >

Protein Shakes/Smoothies Recipes

Community
Notices

Protein Shakes/Smoothies Recipes

Old 06-27-2010, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

I just thought I'd throw in my two cents worth of info:

1- Optimum nutrition "oats & whey" shake is not only outstanding (from a macronutrient split standpoint) as a post workout drink, but if you blend it "Frappe" style (throw it in the blender with very little water and some ice) its DELICIOUS

2- If you're cutting calories more drastically, or if you went overboard in one of your previous meals during the day and need to have a lower-calorie protein shake, this tip will be useful for you. Even the blandest, most watery protein shake (which tends to always be the case with shakes that are low in fat and carbs, such as Optimum Nutrition hydro whey or pro complex) has its taste greatly enhanced by blending it frappe and adding a tablespoon of almond/peanut butter per scoop of powder. I was really surprised at how much the taste of my hydro whey improved when I threw in a tbsp of natural almond butter.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Lemon Cookie

1 scoop Vanilla protien powder
1 tsp sf lemon pudding mix (dry)
a little sf vanilla syrup (Torani's or Davinci's)
1 cup ice
water

Toss everything in blender and blend
Old 07-02-2010, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

This makes a blender full so you will have enough for a couple of days, unless it's all you're drinking/eating for the day. It's like a Lassi, a popular and traditional Indian yogurt-based drink. Delicious.
2 Bananas
16 oz vanilla yogurt (no low fat or artificial sweetener in)
Water and Ice to make 32 oz
grated ginger root and sprinkle cardamom
Old 07-02-2010, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Next Proteins Designer Whey Protein - Vanilla
8oz Silk vanilla milk
8oz cold water
50g frozen blueberries
5g creatine

Next Proteins Designer Whey Protein - Chocolate
8oz Silk Lite chocolate milk
8oz cold water
50g frozen blueberries
5g creatine

Next Proteins Designer Whey Protein - Strawberry
8oz Silk vanilla milk
8oz cold water
50g frozen strawberries
5g creatine

Optional
30g rolled oats (Bob's Red Mill organic rolled oats)
10g flaxseed oil (Barlean's)
Old 07-07-2010, 05:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl
Mocha:
1 cup prepared coffee-cooled
1 cup skim milk
2 tsp sugar free cocoa mix
1-2 scoops Body Fortress chocolate powder
(Sometimes I mix in frozen fruit)
Just wanted to say that I tried this recipe today and YUM! So good, and it felt like such a treat! I'm looking forward to trying all these out.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Question Protein Powders and Shakes

I am wanting to add more protein to my diet, but I don't really get to eat the foods necessary to increase my protein intake without all the fat and carbs. I realize my at intake is a large percentage of my diet due to all the oils that are used in cooking here ( I'm with family in Turkey) so I can't always eat what's cooked (or I eat little).

Does anyone have any good protein powders to recommend which are with practically no carbs or fat (2 grams or less) and possibly no sugar?

I need to add at least 60grams of protein to my diet since my intake is so low.
(I do MUCH better on high protein diets)

Any recommendations would be awesome as well as your experiences with them if any. THANKS!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

I use the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein shake mix from Wal-mart. One scoop of the vanilla has 2g fat, 3g carbs, 26g protein and 135 calories. I also like the strawberry but the nutrient breakdown may be slightly different. This is a good fat/carb/protein ration when compared to other brands. There are other brands that are a little better and many that are not as good. Bodybuilding.com has a listing of all the brands they carry and you can compare many different brands there too.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

NOW brand unflavored, unsweetened has the following stats. I cook recipes with this all the time and like it. I add my own vanilla, cocoa, spices, or whatever. I ordered a huge bag from amazon.com that was not to bad price wise.

NOW Foods - Whey Protein Isolate - 5 lbs.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I like Nectar by syntex I think that's the manufactor. The flavor I like is fuzy navel. It is a peach flavor that is good just with cold water. I usually mix it with my favorite cyrstal lite natural orange. It has 23 grams of protein and no fat or carbs. It is fruity not milky. I know others that actually mix it with fat free milk and like it that way. I am not a milk person and this is the only brand that I have found with a fruity mix. I also like pure protein bars, chocolate peanut butter is what I usually eat. I has 200 calories a bar so it is usually all or part of a meal. There are some fat and carb calories but I don't remember the counts. I get the bars from either wal-mart or Randals which is a grocery store in the safeway family. The nectar I can get at a health food store or online. Google it and you should be able to find it.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:01 PM
FitDay Premium Member

OOPs it Syntrac that makes nectar. just google nectar fuy naval and you will find loads of info and places to buy online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.