Notices

Dukan diet

Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

Last day of my attack phase, 8.6 pounds down so far. Will give total tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

After 5 attack days, tally is 11 pounds lost! Now I am thinking of extending it through the weekend . . . .
Old 05-06-2012, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by minamu
After 5 attack days, tally is 11 pounds lost! Now I am thinking of extending it through the weekend . . . .
Be very careful about extending it if the Dukan book says not to do that. One of the reasons so many fallacies about Atkins became accepted is that people did NOT FOLLOW his plan. I would be leery about misusing Dukan in the same manner.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Well, that is where sometimes Dukan seems to allow some leeway. It says in the book that the attack phase lasts from 2-10 days. I got 5 days through entering my information at the website, but I doubt that 7 days would be truly harmful if some are doing 10.

Anyway, I ended up only extending one day. Since then I have not been good, have cheated a couple of times, but oddly that did not have repercussions, weight went down (perhaps it would have been more of a loss had I not cheated, I realize, but this has all been very surprising). How ever, I am back on track lest it truly catch up with me, i.e., a gain. It is nice at least to understand what is needed to get back on track immediately, and the theory behind it. I feel like I've really been given tools for life through Dukan, unlike other plans I've tried.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by minamu
Well, that is where sometimes Dukan seems to allow some leeway. It says in the book that the attack phase lasts from 2-10 days. I got 5 days through entering my information at the website, but I doubt that 7 days would be truly harmful if some are doing 10.

Anyway, I ended up only extending one day. Since then I have not been good, have cheated a couple of times, but oddly that did not have repercussions, weight went down (perhaps it would have been more of a loss had I not cheated, I realize, but this has all been very surprising). How ever, I am back on track lest it truly catch up with me, i.e., a gain. It is nice at least to understand what is needed to get back on track immediately, and the theory behind it. I feel like I've really been given tools for life through Dukan, unlike other plans I've tried.
That's good. Atkins gives us some leeway on Induction now, too. We can do it until we're down to our last few pounds--BUT, that is only if we are getting plenty of veggies. The old plan was 10 nC/day which meant only a few cups of veggies and they were adamant that you only stay on Induction for 2 weeks. Now that Induction is 20-25nC/day, you can stay on Induction much longer...think, 2 cups of lettuce is about 1 nC...so, 20-25 nC can be a LOT of veggies.

Me being me, I would have planned on the whole 10 days of attack on Dukan...that's just me.

When doing a lifestyle change, a 1 or 2 day fall off the wagon is not fatal...falling off the wagon and then staying there for a week or more is the real danger.

Good luck with your plan! Lifestyle changes are the only thing that really works in keeping the weight off.