Notices

Starting my journey after pregnancy.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Starting my journey after pregnancy.

Hi, I am Cheri and I am about to have a baby in 8 days via c section and I need a plan of attack. I have never dieted before and I will really need the support you other women can offer me and answer some questions. I need to lose 65 lbs to prevent diabetes and that is my motivation. Thank you and I look forward to talking with you ladies through these tough times.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Cheri, Congratulations on your upcoming baby! I hope all goes well.
I started fitday in Feb. and can say that when I don't log in my food and just guess at how much I am eating, is when there is no weight loss. I also am a mom with multiple children, so I know time is hard to find, but if you figure out how many calories you need to get to your goal including if your nursing, then log your calories in, you should do fine.Taking that new baby for a walk will be a great way to get some exercise too. The other ladies here are great for encouragement, so keep checking in the forums.

Here is a way to figure out how many calories you need to reach your goal that another great lady on this site sent me to when I started. (Thanks Cassie )
Calculate Calories Needed for Goal Weight

Try to get as much rest as you can after the baby comes and then you can start tackling the weight loss. There is lots of support here, so use it!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Thank you for your support

That web page is awesome!!! Thank you
Old 06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Just give yourself some time to recover before you hit the exercise wagon, this is major surgery after all. Good nutrition is always your friend, however. So please feel free to eat well, starting today . You're going to need some extra protein for the first several weeks of healing, as well as healthy fats to keep your milk supply up. Welcome to the club, there's lots of mommies on these boards. I have 2 of my own.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

I am just 3.5 months post partum myself, and on day 25 of Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred. I think it's great to trade on the momentum of that initial pregnancy weight loss. HOWEVER, take it slow for the first 6-8 weeks. Your body has to recover!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the upcoming baby!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thank you everyone!

Thank you!!!!