Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-04-2015, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Good morning Fitdayers! Hope you all don't mind me starting us off for the week!

I want to start this new week like a horse out of the gates on race day! I've been wishy washy for too long and intend to turn things around. I've set myself some short term weight loss goals (see the new thread "Easter Challenge" and feel free to join in!), but realize I need to work on other things to help me get there. This week, and going forward, I'm going to strive to ditch the negative self talk. Every time I think a negative thought about myself, I'm going to do my best to recognize it and in turn say something nice to myself. It's strange how we would never talk to a complete stranger in the hurtful manner that we sometimes use on ourselves! If any of you out there are guilty of such behaviour, then I also challenge you to start talking nice to yourself as well!

Let's make this fulfilling and successful week!

Old 01-05-2015, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Typos....guess this is what happens when I post before I'm fully awake (even though I had just completed my morning workout when I posted this!).

Mike or Kathy - Can you fix the thread title so it reads Motivational instead of Moticational! LOL! Thanks
Old 01-05-2015, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Debbie and all other group members.

Well, here I come crawling back after eating virtually anything I want since before Thanksgiving. I tried coming back around then, but wasn't motivated enough. But now, being horrified I weigh the same as when I joined this group back in 2011, I feel motivated enough to start eating right again. Exercise will come in baby steps.

Best wishes to all of us in our journey to better health.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

fixed it.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

I went to post on Mike's thread and it was gone.

I'm really not sure about posting a goal weight because, this time, it is not about the outcome but the journey.
I haven't been travelling well since the harvest. I am trying to be inventive with my flavourings, but the pizazz is gone now that berries are frozen rather than fresh and tomatoes are hot house rather than field.

I have to focus on my cooking. Today I will work on making a huge pot of soup filled with root vegetables and legumes. That should keep me going through the week.
I am also planning to get out there and walk at daybreak. Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat.
My piano teacher gets Thursday.

WATER!
Old 01-05-2015, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

Okay ladies (and fellas if any show up), it's time to get this party started. My big ass tipped the scale at 211.6!! I jumped off of it because I was afraid it was going to break.

My goals:

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day
2) fruits and veggies. 3 servings per day
3) workout 3 times
4) be mindful of my eating
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating)
6) make or fix something
Old 01-05-2015, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Thanks Mike Are you going to join us in the Easter Challenge?
Is that the challenge in which I see how many Reese's eggs I can cram in my mouth?

***my posts are showing up out of order***
Old 01-05-2015, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning Mern! Don't feel too bad...I acutally have you beat! I weighed in on Friday at 2.6 lbs. heavier than my highest weight....which means I've reached an all time high. *sigh* Here we go again! I too feel very motivated! Although I also know that motivation will wane some days...those are the days I just need to push through and trust in the process again.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
fixed it.
Thanks Mike Are you going to join us in the Easter Challenge?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!!

Happy Monday!
This enthusiasm is quite contagious

I have sent an email to a Scrabble Club in Mississauga regarding a tournament in July. I am considering this for a mini vacation, and THIS time, I want to to be on the plane with no seat belt extender

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.