Notices

46 years old and desperate to lose weight

Old 08-31-2014, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default 46 years old and desperate to lose weight

Hi Guys.
I have finally taken the plunge and reached a low point in my life where I want to lose weight. I weight over 17 stones, my back aches and my motivation is rock bottom. I am a teacher, and I lead a bust day, but as soon as I get home, I simply become idle. I can run if I want to, but I cannot get motivated to do so. I simply dont know what to do. What I have gone and done though is to book a holiday for July 23rd next year and my target weight is 12 stones. I am really determined to claw my way out of this shell I'm living in and quite simple, I dont want to be fat anymore. Please help me.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Have you talked to your doctor and asked his or her advice? How is your health?

Have you used the tools available on this site to figure out what your current BMI is? You can set a goal sometime in the future and then fitday will give you a calorie range for your level of activity. Measure the food you eat, log it in fitday, get your daily calorie count and see if you are track for meeting your goal.

There's great motivation here on the message board (see the motivation forum) and you can see that people who eat fewer calorie than they burn do lose weight! It's inspiring! You can do it...