Notices

Lifestyle bug possibility?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default Lifestyle bug possibility?

Basically, in my Activities log, my lifestyle is set to this: Lifestyle (Mostly Seated / Some Movement), my days are now filled with exercising, running, ect, and when I put in my activities what i've done, it's adding up my lifestyle numbers which are HR:MN 22:58 and calories 3108!! I don't understand, I haven't eaten that many calories in months. Then, when I add my activities, it just adds everything up, and it says my total is HR:MN 24:00, and the calories are at 3743, which also makes no sense to me, because I only had 1291 calories that day, it does it everytime, and it's pretty difficult to see how many calories i'm losing, when everything ïs added up, makes me feel i'm making zero progress.

Hope someone can explain if i'm doing something wrong.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2014, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Without going to activities to try this out, I'm guessing the calories are not calories you are 'losing' but calories you are expending.

In other words, the calories you expend while riding a stationary bike, for example, are not subtracted, they are added to the calories you are expending for the day. If you went to your food log, and that changed, now, THAT would mean you are having calories added on - but that's not the case.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Here's how it works....I hope I can explain this properly.

For myself, at 5'2" and a lifestyle that has me sitting on my butt in front of a computer daily, I burn 1673 calories in a 24 hour period....or around 70 calories per hour (1673/24) .

If I exercise for 1 hour in a day and burn 400 calories during that hour, Fitday will now deduct 1 hour (which equals 70 calories) from my daily calorie burn (so now in 23 hours I burned 1673-70 = 1603) and it will add the 400 calories I burned during my workout. So now it will read that I burned 2003 calories on the day that I worked out. I hope that makes sense? It even shows the break down in the 'Calories Burned' tab.

Calories Burned:
Lifestyle:
Activities:

If you select the next tab 'Calorie Balance' it will show you Calories Eaten (1,198 calories) Calories Burned (2,003 calories) in a bar chart to describe the total calorie deficit that day. Very informative and motivating information!

I hope this helps!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Debbie, just to clarify: are you in classic or 2.0?
Old 07-30-2014, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

OMG!! LOL!!! I'm using Classic....ignore my entire post then!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

I like Classic so I use that, too...

I had to flip over to 2.0 (do that by clicking Fitday2 at the very top of Overview screen). When I add the activity of stationary biking for 30 minutes, and my lifestyle is standing work, then I see this:

Totals 24:00 3208
stationary biking light effort (100 watts) 00:30 — — 196
Lifestyle (Standing Work) 23:30 3013

The calories for 24 hours are 3208 (standing plus stationary biking). That's the calories I've been expending.

I agree that the Classic gives you a more readily understandable listing of the calories.

Once you've flipped over into fitday2, it's easy to flip back to Classic. There's no harm done. The data is still the data!

' because I only had 1291 calories that day, it does it everytime, and it's pretty difficult to see how many calories i'm losing'
The 1291 calories you've had that day stay in your food log just as you logged them, with the correct total.

In fitday2, if you go to Reports, choose Calories and you can scroll over the data point that represents today. It will show you the kind of information you get in Classic, for today. You can also see from the report how you are doing over time.

In the food log or in the dashboard screen, when you see the pie chart (to your right in the food log), there's a drop down screen under the pie. Choose the 'Calorie Balance' which is the first choice. It will give you a bar chart of calories in and calories out insofar as you've reported food and exercise - and it breaks it down to lifestyle and activity, I think, too.

In Classic, the pie chart is under the food log, and it has a 'Cal Balance' tab. That shows the calories in, calories out (expended) bar chart but without lifestyle calories and activity separated out.

Classic offers two reports (go to the Reports Tab at the top of the page). 'Calories eaten vs. burned' and 'Calorie balance over time.'

Last edited by Kathy13118; 07-30-2014 at 02:59 PM.