Notices

Accountability,Motivation and Support 7-14 - 7-20

Old 07-15-2014, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

It has been a busy day. First off we took the furniture to the thrift store and then I got my hair cut. It is very short but it will be good for the summer weather. Then we went to the grocery store because the fridge was bare.
Now we have good food to eat till the week end. I got a sun burn on my walk yesterday. My face is beet red and it hurts. I am going to do some exercise in the house today. I am eating better too. I do need to drink more water.
It rained very hard just before we got the groceries but now the dark clouds are gone and the sun is out and it is humid. I have lots of inside work to do.
I do feel better when I keep busy. I hope you all have a good day.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

I was puttering around the house and decide I was tired so I had a nice nap. That made up for the lack of sleep last night.
Now I have supper on the go and this evening I will go for a walk after it cools down a bit. I am going to get the kitchen cleaned up before I go to bed.
Tomorrow I am going to tackle the sewing room. It has been a good day food wise and I should be under 800 calories today with mango chicken and salad for supper. Good thing I am not baking the brownies tonight. If my neighbour asks me to go to TH I will have an ice coffee. I hope every one has a good day like I did.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

I've had a great day so far--a mile of aerobic walking, plenty of water, eating on track. For dinner I had a lean pork chop, low carb mixed veggies, and instead of zucchini fries I made oven roasted zucchini. I just sliced it widthwise into about 1/2 inch thick slabs and then sprinkled salt on it and let some excess water drain out of it for about an hour and a half. Then rinsed it and patted it dry with a paper towel. Rubbed it with olive oil (didn't need any more salt) and then roasted it on a foil lined cookie sheet at 450F (230C?) for about 7 minutes minutes per side and then turned the broiler on for a couple minutes per side. OMG, it was delicious! DH said to not change anything next time. I'm free for the evening. Going to kick back and watch some TV. I have my monthly lunch tomorrow with three old pals from high school--and we're all 68 now so always have lots to talk about. I do not deprive myself at our lunches--it's just once a month. I try to not go overboard but do allow myself a piece of pie for dessert.

Debbie, you made your own French bread? Woohoo! I'll bet your spaghetti and meatball dinner tonight was fabulous, too. Kinda hard to exercise with inlaws in the house. I know your body will forgive you--you had a good excuse. I'm going to miss my doctor so much when she moves to the west coast of the USA to San Francisco this month. She encouraged me with smiles even at times when I needed a swift kick in the butt. She worked with me since May 2011 to successfully reverse my blood sugar and high cholesterol to normal levels without meds--and almost my triglycerides, but they're not so bad that she would prescribe meds. She told me her replacement, also a lady doctor, will work with me as well.

Jenn, hi! I hope you got your weeding done. You'll be jealous when you read this--we are having a beautiful day here with low humidity and an unseasonably cool day at about 70F which I guess is about 22C or so?

Libby, congrats on getting the furniture out of the sewing room. Aw, that's great that you took it to a thrift store. Kudos on the new hair cut and stocking up on good food to last until the weekend.I hope your sunburn heals quickly! Way to go on the walk and water commitment and getting in a nice nap. Your dinner sounds yummy! Wishing you a ton of willpower as our group watches over your shoulder if you to to Tim Horton's!

Becca, wonderful that you could enjoy your house guests and eat "so well." Best wishes on your re-entry into the world of weight loss and maintenance. Many of us are not posting as strict goals as we used to. I found that all the nutrition tracking and weighing every bite of food was causing me to get burned out.

Last edited by Mern; 07-15-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Exercise 4X for 30 min. Get back into Wii workouts Mon no Tues 20 min walk
2. 4 servings fruits and veggies 3, 3
3. Keep within carb limit no, yes
4. Stay away from TH!!

Personal goals
1. Finish writing homework yes
2. Clean out hall closet (UGH continued from last week)
3. Stop procrastinating

Got some weeds out of the front lawn and a couple loads of laundry done and put away.
Jenn
Old 07-15-2014, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

My neighbour did ask me to go out tonight and we went to McDonalds instead.
I ordered a coffee with ice and milk no sugar and it was good only now I have so much energy to burn. I cleaned up the kitchen and was debating whether
to bake tonight but decided not to. Instead I am going to watch some TV and go to bed. It's been a good day.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, way to go in showing restraint at McD's! I love that place, as crappy as it is. I have to stay away. When I take the kids through I make them give me 1 bite. Good for you. Sounds like you will be busy tackling your sewing room tomorrow. I always find that when I clean out and declutter I get a sense of, oh I don't know, maybe rejuvenation? or something like that. It's just always nice to accomplish getting a room organized.

Jenn, sounds like you were busy today with the weeds and laundry. Did you get all your housework done so you could take a relaxing break for a while after?

Mern, Great job on going a mile! woohoo! Your dinner sounds really good. Isn't it nice when others (especially husbands) give you compliments on your efforts? Have fun at your lunch tomorrow with the ladies and enjoy your slice of pie.

Becca, glad you enjoyed your guests. Now you can take a breather and let things get back to normal.

Debbie, your watermelon lemonade sounds really good! Sounds like it would be refreshing on a hot day.

I had a terrible thing happen today. As much as I hate going grocery shopping, today I was lucky enough to get to do the weekly shopping twice. The kids and I went to Walmart this afternoon and spent over 45 minutes getting the things and checking everything off my list. Sat in line for a while so now it's been nearly an hour. I was next in line, and the lady in front of me only had like 4 items, when they came around and told everyone that we all had to evacuate the building. Just leave your carts and get out of the building. There was a gas leak. All that time for nothing (fortunately the building didn't blow up or anything). I took the kids home, rewrote my grocery list because the other was too scribbled out to read everything, then went to another Walmart and got to do it all over again. yea. I also realized that I left my favorite water bottle in the cart! Fortunately I found a few like it left at Walmart so I bought 2. Then I got to come home, put everything away and make dinner at 7:00. I was very stressed tonight.

Dinner was so-so nutritionally. It was called stuffed French bread. It was made with ground turkey, cream of chicken soup, onions, garlic, celery (I used celery seed) a splash of milk, worstershire (sp?) sauce, mixed with leftover pieces of the hollowed out halves of a loaf of french bread, then put into one of the halves, put some cheese on it and then the other hollowed out half on top, baked for 15 minutes. The bread was the highest calorie part of it. There wasn't a ton of cheese (for once...I love cheese), so that part was ok. It tasted good and there were no leftovers so everyone liked it. I think it probably even wasn't enough for my big boys (dh and ds).

My calories today will be at about 1550 or so. I think my weight loss is coming to a halt. We'll see how the next two days go. Man, I really need to get my butt in gear and get back to exercising!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Today the sky is overcast and looks like I feel. I have been keeping my calories low and have been more active so I decided to weigh myself. Bad idea.
I thought I was doing so well but the scale has not moved. This morning I am making the brownies and later I will let you know how they turned out.
I am having an Atkins bar and coffee for breakfast 200 cal.
For lunch I am having a chopped bag salad and left over chicken 300 cal.
I don't know what I will be making for supper but I will try to keep my calories for the day under 1200. Have a good day.
Jenai, was there any thing on the news about the mall. I am so glad that you and the kids are OK. What a scarry situation.
Mern, good job on going a mile. Enjoy your lunch with the ladies.
Debbie, your menu looked so yummy especially the watermelon lemonade.
Jenn, you have had a busy day. I hope you have a relaxing evening.
Becca, I am glad that you had a good time with your company.

Last edited by libby135; 07-16-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, congrats on such a nice report for yesterday on exercise, food, staying in your carb limit, and your homework! Weeding and laundry burned even more calories. Well done!

Libby, great job on your restraint at McDonald's. I'm guessing that was a good decision for you to not bake last night. Congrats on a really good day!

Jenai, can you promise just five minutes of exercise today? Give yourself permission to quit after five minutes and you might find yourself surprised to want to do a couple minutes more. Are you like me in that getting started is the hardest part? Kudos on your calories yesterday. Yes, remember that sometimes our bodies just need a little break to adjust to our new lower weight. Don't let that discourage you--it'll start back up again. Thanks for your continued encouragement. Yeah, that made me feel really good when DH said to not change anything in my first oven-roasted zucchini attempt. I can count on him for an honest opinion and even if something fails he usually has something nice to say about it--like "but it has good flavor." Sometimes he even has a suggestion on what would make it better. Oh, man! What a bummer about having to evacuate Walmart and then leaving your water bottle and having to shop all over again! Did you hear anything about it on the news later? I'll bet the workers were not happy about having to put back all the non-perishable food. Ooh, yum, that stuffed French bread sounds really yummy. I often use celery flakes or seed if I don't have fresh celery on hand. The ground turkey filling sounds like the base of a great casserole. I may make that with low carb pasta.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I saw you posted but have to get moving to meet friends at 11AM. Will catch you later.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, Sorry to hear you were disappointed by the scale and that you aren't feeling all that great. I hope you feel better soon. You have been doing really well, and I bet it's just a fluctuation that will pass.

Mern, Thank you so much for that small little piece of encouragement challenging me to do just 5 minutes. Yes, getting started is the hard part for me. But when you challenged me to do 5 minutes, I thought "yep, I can do that". I'm sure once I get started I'll do more than 5 minutes. I just need to get my butt up and get at it. If you want to try to modify the Stuffed French Bread to maybe use with a hungry girl or maybe some low carb pasta or something, here's the link for the recipe.

Libby and Mern, I didn't watch the news to see if there was anything on the WalMart gas leak, so I don't know. I can't imagine being the person who has to put ALL that stuff back! I would so be hating life.

I am not doing well today at all! I'm at my calorie limit and I still haven't had any dinner and I know I will want a snack later on. I've been getting my fingers into munchie food all day. I know I will probably have a gain on Friday again. I think a big part of it is that I'm having so much sodium. Starting to feel a little discouraged about my inability to say no to junk food. I know, if I don't buy it then I won't eat it. I've tried that. The rest of my family is not on the same eating plan as I am and they still like to have snacks. When I've tried it in the past they have completely rebelled and I didn't stop hearing about it until I bought some snacks again. So it's up to me to show restraint and I just haven't had the willpower lately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.