Notices

Accountability,Motivation and Support 7-14 - 7-20

Old 07-14-2014, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

I left the house at 1:00 pm and got back at 3:45 pm. No I didn't walk all that time but met people that I hadn't seen since last summer and spent a while talking to them catching up on family news. It was probably only 15 minutes of walking and I plan on doing it again tomorrow. Summer goes by so quickly.
I want to make some progress on weight loss this year. Thanks for the encouragement. We can do this.

Monday evening: I was careful about what I ate today because I didn't want to undo the effort that I put into my walk.

Exercise: 15 min. walk
Calories: Under 1200

It's been a good day.

Last edited by libby135; 07-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Mern TH is Tim Hortons--donut shop.
Good job today Mern and Libby!
Jenn
Old 07-14-2014, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, hooray on your good day!!! Congrats on that 15 minutes of walking you did get in and on curbing the calorie intake to make best use of the calorie burn from the walk. I'm glad you got to catch up with old friends. Best wishes on getting in another walk tomorrow.

Jenn, I've heard of the Tim Hortons donuts and am so glad we don't have those here. We do have Dunkin' Donuts, but thank goodness that's a five mile drive to a section of a road I rarely travel. Thanks for your encouragement. Remember, WE CAN DO THIS!

I pledged a low carb dinner after having teriyaki chicken on low carb veggies and no rice for lunch. I did follow through with very low carb for dinner, but it, too, was sodium laden: a grilled ham and cheese in a low carb tortilla. Oops, it appears I'm now craving salt--better that than carbs, though. I'm content now and am going to brush my teeth and go to bed early.

Wishing everyone a restful sleep, especially those with sleep problems.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. I had a good day today. I made sure I had only enough money to buy a diet coke out of the pop machine. I get a lot of walking in when I work and lifting heavy boxes. I was not very hungry for dinner. My sister made cheese ravioli and tomatoes with sausage. Cut into little pieces. We are having a low front moving through the wind is blowing and the house has cooled down nicely. This should be a great night for sleeping.
Ashlie welcome back. I don't know as I was here before, but I am not good at names.
Mern big grin coming at you. Fantastic that you made the whole mile.

Goals for the week are

Drink lots of water
Eat at least i veggie every day
log everything I eat
Post here every day

weather permitting I should be out putting compost in the raspberry bed so I can move what is left of them. Have them all in one place
Nyda
Old 07-14-2014, 06:27 PM
FitDay Member

Nyda, taking a limited amount of money with you is a good way to curb compulsive buys.

Mern, congrats on the exercise you did! doing a mile is great!

Libby, great job on a good day! Way to go on keeping yourself in check after having exercised. You're right...you don't want to undo what you did.

Debbie, your dinner sounds great! Do you still have company? I thought they were in just for the weekend (?) Maybe I missed something. I should be more mindful in my reading.

Jenn, did you get blood labs done when you went to the dr.? Are you diabetic? Isn't it so frustrating to work so hard to get to the number on your scale only to have go up at the dr's? 1 lb is not bad though.

Ashlie, hello and welcome back. Glad to see you are ready to make some changes! We are all here to offer support.

Well, I didn't have a very good nutrition day at all. We were out of milk so I didn't have my Atkins shakes today at all. I miss them!!! Went and bought milk a little while ago so I will be able to have one in the morning. I had a brownie because my dd is the brownie master and I can't resist. I had 1.5 oz of chips (not completely out of control munching. It was weighed and not a binge.) Then I made another Pinterest success recipe, but let me tell you, it is NOT a dieter's friend. Penne pasta, chicken, a sauce that is made of a small block of pepper jack shredded cheese, a can of condensed milk, and a cup of ranch dressing. It also has bacon in it (although I didn't use very much). Then it's rounded out with onion, garlic, bell peppers and a can of diced tomatoes. Then a little shredded cheddar on top (which it didn't really need). So, it was super delicious, I had 1.5 cups, wanted more and made myself say no. That dinner tonight was 900 calories!!! And it wasn't that much food. It could have been less with using less cheese (that's where a big portion of the calories are packed in). Even though all I ate today was the pasta dinner, a brownie and a handful of chips, my calorie total for the day is still at 1350! Yikes.

I'm really looking forward to having my Atkins with milk in the morning. I'm going to try to fall asleep tonight like a normal person because I have things that I have to get done tomorrow during the day.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:25 PM
FitDay Member

I'm happy to be up only one pound today after yesterday's high sodium chicken teriyaki (with veggies instead of rice) for lunch and grilled ham and cheese for dinner. It's just water weight and I'll work on that today.

Nyda, congrats on your good day yesterday and on taking only enough money for a Diet Coke! I love any kind of pastas with tomatoes and sausage. It's been hot and steamy here in Ohio, but we're supposed to be in for some cooler temps with low humidity, too. Thanks for your support on my exercise. I remembered Aspikes, but didn't remember her name as Ashlie--I found her first name in her user profile. Kudos on your calories burned in your work and best wishes on moving the raspberries.

Jenai, how did you sleep last night? I ate a bunch of cabbage (which is supposed to help break water retention) and drank a bunch of water to combat my high sodium lunch yesterday and thought of you at 4AM today after having to get up from sleep for the third time for a potty trip and then couldn't get back to sleep. I got about 3 hours of broken sleep all night, but I don't have any kids to babysit today, so I can enjoy a nap this afternoon if I get too tired. Thanks for your support on my exercise, too. I had better stamina than I expected, which blows one of my excuses for having procrastinated--that it would be too hard and too painful because I was too out of shape. I am lucky that my shake mix contains whey protein and all I have to do is add ice water or water and ice. How fun that your daughter has a brownie specialty! Congrats on your food control--very few have the courage to limit themselves to a weighed portion of chips and a cup and a half of a delicious casserole! Last week I enjoyed a one inch cube of Marshmallow Rice Krispies treat that was equal in carbs to six whole cups of broccoli. I was hungry that day, too, after having to severely limit my food intake to stay within my carb limit. I see an adapted chicken and pasta casserole in my future. I have Dreamfields low net effect carb pasta and although it's made with Parmesan cheese rather than pepper jack, I can use the store-bought Bertolli Carbonara sauce (flavored with real bacon) that contains in a 1/4 cup serving only 70 calories, 6g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, and 2g carbs. We have onion, bell peppers and tomato in the garden, but I also have canned tomatoes. I told a friend of mine about your lentil soup with Swiss chard and she asked me for the recipe for that because her Mom loves lentils and has an over-abundance of Swiss chard in her garden.

Today's menu will be:

Breakfast: flaxmeal pancake topped with dairy blend yogurt substitute

Pre-exercise snack: protein shake

Lunch: roast beef and cheese rollup and a side of cooked spinach

Snack, if necessary: something low carb with protein and fat

Dinner: EDITED ALREADY lean pork chop, baked zucchini fries (experimenting with recipe) more cooked spinach, and maybe half a peach.

Evening snack: protein shake and almonds

Last edited by Mern; 07-15-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Dinner last night turned out fabulous! Everything was gobbled up I made a loaf of French bread last night to go with a spaghetti and meatball dinner I'm making tonight. A very carby dinner! I'll probably bypass the bread since I'll be eating pasta...don't want to overdo it! The watermelon lemonade I made yesterday was amazing! I used the juice from 6 lemons, 1/2 large watermelon pureed (strain the juice into a pitcher), added 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup sugar and a tray of ice cubes. I think if I had increased the amount of water, I could have decreased the amount of sugar....I'll try that next time. It was so good! I brought some with me to work today to enjoy with my lunch.

I didn't manage to get in a workout and most likely won't today either. My inlaws leave on Wednesday, so I should be able to get back at it tomorrow.

Jenai - My inlaws, niece and nephew did come on the weekend and they are staying with us for a few days to help us out with the kids. This way the kids don't have to go to a city program day camp....my husband and I both work full time so when the kids are out of school for the summer we have to make other arrangements for them. I'm taking the entire month of August off from work!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to have a break!!!!!

Mern - Love your doctors honesty! Reading that made me chuckle!

Jenn - I swear Tim Horton's puts something in their coffee to make sure people keep coming back! No joke!

Libby and Nyda - I'm glad to hear you both had good days yesterday!

Wishing everyone and awesome day!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai I went to a clinic. It happens to be in a hospital but I just meet with a dietician so no bloodwork. They send a note to the Dr and can make suggestions on medications. I have to go to Dr in another month for bloodwork.

I should do some weeding today but it is soo humid--hopefully it breaks by this afternoon.
Jenn
Old 07-15-2014, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

We finally took the furniture from the sewing room to the thrift store so now I can get in there and organize my craft and sewing supplies. Yippee.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:20 AM
Banned

I have had house guests the last 2weeks...the last set of folks leave tomorrow... wow...what a great 2 weeks tho..I surely enjoyed my family

Now, I gotta get back on top of things..I've ate so very well..I mean very well....

Glad everyone is doing well.... Mern .4 is still awesome..like you said anything
is good.... Debbie, what is loosey goosey goals...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.