Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread May 19-25 >

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Old 05-19-2014, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

The furniture that I varnished is in the house. The pants aren't hemmed and the house is still a mess but it was a busy day.

6 glasses of water M-Y
exercise 3x
3 fruits and 3 veg M-Y
keep calories under 1100 M-Y
lose 1 pound
Old 05-20-2014, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning fitday friends I had a great long weekend! We accomplished so much yesterday...75% of the fence is stained, I cleaned up my gardens and planted some annuals and got my vegetables planted and painted the front porch. I also managed to take the kids to the park! My washing machine broke on Friday, but I figured out what broke and have someone bringing us the part tonight and helping us to install it....so all should end well and I can start working throught the heaps of laundry that have been growing over several days! I slept well last night (a rare thing for me!) and woke up feeling energized, refocused and recommited after slipping a little in the past few weeks. Instead of feeling defeated and letting that take control (what I've been doing recently), instead I updated my goal weight date and I'm once again ready to move forward...no looking back!

Libby - It sounds like you accomplished a lot this weekend as well! Feels good doesn't it!

Jenai - I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Slim in Six! I did it years ago when if first came out and I really liked it. All three workouts are very similar, so I did crave some variety by the end of the six weeks, but I did see some good results. I think they redid the program though, so my experience is with the original.

Robin - That's so awesome that you have a group of friends that you exercise with! I'm sure that helps with motivation and accountability!

Jenn - Congrats on the NSV!

Kathy - Honestly, I've never heard of Stephen Covey....I was just looking for something to motivate and help me refocus and I stumbled upon it. I like what I found though so maybe I should get his books!

Terri - It's so tough to stay on track when it comes to social events. But that was last week...you have a whole new week ahead to make strides.

Bea - I'm here cheering you on to hit your goal this week! You can do this!! Woohooo!!!

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

It feels too much like Monday today. Hard to get back to work. I'm just going to try to eat better this week and walk daily. This is a lifetime commitment which makes it important to find activities we either enjoy or learn to enjoy. I have couch potato tendencies however I feel much better when I'm active and see myself as an active person.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning Everyone,

Well I won't hit my goal this week!

I'm semi menopausal and I have my friend (Whom I haven't seen in 2-3months) and the B*tch brought 6 pounds with her! In 2 days the scale jumped 6 freakin pounds!

It is temporary and it will go, but UGHHH......... Oh well, I will keep going and when the drop starts it will be sudden and substantial!

Have a good day everyone!
(gonna go stamp my feet in the corner)
Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, you know what the problem was, so don't be discouraged over it. Just pick yourself up and move on with your plan. That pound will come off before you know it.

Robin, sounds like your new group will be a good one!

Libby, good work on getting the furniture varnished. It's ok (if you ask me) that you didn't get everything done. redoing furniture is a big task.

Debbie, you got so much done! You must have been exhausted! So glad you slept well and woke up refreshed. I have sleep problems, and when I get that kind of sleep I cherish it!
Just get back up and get to it again. 6 lbs I can see how discouraging that would be. It's probably mostly sodium with just a little bit of real pounds. You'd have to eat an awful lot of surplus calories to gain that much!

Mary, don't beat yourself up either. Like you said it's a lifelong commitment and you just get back up and get to it again.

My calorie average for the week is still high at 1500 or so. I need to have a 900 calorie day or two to get my average back where it needs to be. I had one incredibly high day, one medium high day, and two days on target. So now I need a couple low days to balance out for the week. I think the calorie cycling is better for me personally than hitting one target every day. It's too much of a chore for me that way because some days I'm ravenous and other days I'm not hungry at all and I have to work just to get to 900 or 1000.

The only thing I need to work on more is on my low days getting enough protein. Protein is always a problem for me. I don't eat that much meat, but I tend to stay away from beans and such because I'm afraid of their high calories. Are there any low calorie proteins out there besides meat?

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 05-20-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenai,

I really am ok, I'm slightly frustrated, but mostly giggling. I know the scale is an evil beast sometimes, and I know I did nothing to account for this. It will come back down.

I have never had any kind of menstrual issues EVER. No PMS, cramps etc. At worst it has simply been a nuisance. So I guess a few days of scale shock is ok.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

That's good, Bea. At least you're having a good attitude about it after all. I have pre-menopausal symptoms sometimes, like hot flashes, and it is NOT fun! And I'm only 43. I'm sure the scale is doing funky things from that too for you.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Libby: I love accomplishing stuff like that. I actually feel ACCOMPLISHED when I build or paint things! Or varnish them

Jenn: Nice NSV! Woohoo!

Robin: welcome back!!! I kind of like walking in downpours, at least when I plan to walk no matter what, haha!

Jenai: I'll tell you something, I've never gotten to that point where I just HAVE to have my workout, even in my best losing days... I think I'd love to be there just like you!!! For me, it's honestly just pure, natural laziness. I always feel good when I work out, and accomplished, but I can never seem to remember that feeling the following day. So weird. I'm super proud of you for feeling like you found a better workout regimen! Good job!! Thank you for the motivation. I need it. I guess step one is admitting the problem, right?

For me, high protein, low-cal foods tend to be in the fish family -- most fish is very high protein, though I'm not sure that counts as "meat" for you or not. Cottage cheese and egg whites are also high-protein, low-cal. You could also maybe add protein powders?

Debbie: Another social event snuck up on me yesterday (I had forgotten about the end of semester picnic) which is why my numbers are super-gross for yesterday. I have a REALLY hard time being obviously dieting around people. It's not exactly shame, but I find that it makes everyone else feel uncomfortable when I mention it. I think I'm most mad at myself for going for a piece of cheesecake. Thanks for the motivation, though - I need it! Glad you're feeling better!!

Mary: I love that -- I too am a natural couch potato. I'm going to remember what you said - "I feel much better when I'm active and SEE MYSELF AS AN ACTIVE PERSON" -- that all-caps part is the part that I think I need to embrace!

Bea: Aunt flow is a total b*tch You'll show her! The door will hit her in the butt on the way out!

As I mentioned above -- yet another social event is the cause of my bad Monday numbers. I'm also heading to Chicago on Friday (ergh) but I am going to try to pack as much of my own food as possible to avoid eating terribly. I'm only staying for one day, at least. Today, Weds and Thurs should be easier, so I'm going to try to be as good as possible!!! Feeling REALLY sluggish today, however, and blood-pressure-y in that whenever I get up and move around I get a wave of the dizzies. I'm going to try to do some of my exercises to get the blood flowing before I pop in Turbo today.

Week goals:

1) Log everything M: yes
2) -4,000 calorie deficit M: -8 (off to a great start...) Total: -8
3) Workout 4x this week. 5 would be great. Follow Turbo schedule M: day off
4) Water 72 oz per day M: yes
5) Protein 25-30% of calories, daily and weekly M: 12% Average: 12%

Happy Tuesday all!

~Terri
Old 05-20-2014, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Terri,

I wonder if a different mindset, to eating in a social setting, would make you and others feel more at ease.

Some people are naturally drawn to more nutritious choices. I will always pick fruit or veggie trays over sweet trays (not for dieting sake, but because I prefer the taste of fresh produce). There are people who understand that, and they are the ones hanging around the healthy food.

As we get older, it is our responsibility to look after these bodies, we only get one after all! I've never met anyone who felt uncomfortable when I explained, I was eating "this" food, because I prefer it and feel it is a bargain on the health care system (both true btw). If dieting and deprivation aren't mentioned, I don't believe they would even be considered
Old 05-20-2014, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Bea and Terri--you are hilarious! I take a fluid pill so I don't find I gain the water weight the same. Thankfully I had a "light" month.

Pouring rain AGAIN so I hope to do some Wii exercises this afternoon. Errands took a lot longer than I thought they would this morning.
Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.