Old 05-13-2014, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

1) clean up my eating
2) lose 2 pounds
3) drink 100 oz water
4) edit 4 pics
Old 05-13-2014, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning- the sun is shining here. I went to my garden yesterday and planted peppers and tomatoes. There are still a few other things I'd like to plant- so maybe tomorrow. I can't wait to see all the beautiful fruits and vegetables. In addition to the garden, I also went to a weight lifting class yesterday and am a tad sore so will skip the gym today and resume tomorrow. Probably do some cardio then.
I've been struggling to stay on track with my eating. I need to be more consistent. So, in that vein, here are my goals for this week:
1. Log foods daily (M/N,
2. Drink 4-5 glasses water daily (M/N,
3. Workout/gym 3-4 times week (M/Y,
4. Stay under 1400-1500 calories daily (M/y,

Bea- the scale not going up is ALWAYS good news!
Terri- good luck staying good with the Chinese. The skewers do sound good- great idea Jenai
Jenai- Congrats on the 30 lb milestone!!!! Don't forget to reward yourself with something nice!!!
Debbie- beach food logging sounds nice but sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope it mends soon!
Mike- Welcome back from your HM. Beautiful photo too, btw.

I know I missed some ppl. I still can't seem to figure out how to view all comments without losing my QR screen. **waves to the rest** Hope everyone's having a great start to their week!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie I think Mern is 25 net carbs.
I do it per meal (40 per meal). I'm allowed 15 grams for snack.
Jenn
Old 05-13-2014, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

I'm already off the beach...heck I'm not even on the shore!! Now I remember why this is so hard...I'm not a huge meat eater and without meat, you get pretty hungry on this diet or you eat too many nuts. I can't even count my calorie balance because I didn't track everything today. Clearly I should rethink my strategy (again!) since I'm already struggling and it's only the second day! OY!!!

Jenn
- Thanks for the reply regarding net carbs. Your carb intake sounds very doable (maybe I should adopt your method!).....but poor Mern!! How the heck does one only eat 25 net carbs day in and day out!! She has a strong resolve to stick to that and not accept meds instead. Mern if you're reading this...hats off to you!!

Okay, so I'm not throwing in the towel (NEVER!!!) but I am once again changing my course. Now what!
Old 05-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Banned

Debbie, I was on that for awhile..long time ago...its very hard at first..but u can gradually work into it.... Glad you're still maintaining tho...

Mike that pic is beautiful!!!

Jenai awesome accomplishment

I hope everyone had a blessed Mother's Day!!....I ate very well on Sunday

I'm going on vacation for 2wks.... so I will be MIA...leave this Thursday.

I did work out yesterday and just finished my workout just now...yaaayyyyy

Last edited by beccafries; 05-13-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:27 PM
FitDay Member

If I don't come on here early in the day I completely lose track of everyone. I read everything, so I thought, but then I'd see comments that I didn't understand where they came from (mainly the topic of carb counting), so I'm a little lost with what's going on.

Mike, congrats! Glad to hear everything went perfectly.
Debbie, I missed the whole South Beach conversation. Are you not going to do it now after all? If you're not a big meat eater, where do you normally get your protein from?
Jenn, I do more like you for carbs. It was what I read from the Diabetes Assoc. and I think the Mayo Clinic, and also what my health coach recommends for me. Of course, choosing whole wheat, fruits and veggies, etc is always the best bet but I don't always make the best decisions, lol.
Aimee, I wish I had a green thumb...jealous of your garden!!!
Terri, hope your eyes get taken care of. Work out those muscle kinks!

As for me, I hit another milestone today. I had to go in one notch tighter on my bra strap for a better fit! Means I must be losing inches, although the tape measure says differently. According to the tape in the past month I have actually increased1/4" on my waist and 1/2" on my hips. I just don't see how that is possible. Maybe I didn't measure in the exact same spot? I don't think so because now that I checked, I measured the same 2 weeks ago on Beachbody as I did on here a month ago. But today I measured bigger. I don't understand.

Still can't get my calories right. Went over today and had 1700, which now brings my 3 day average to over 1400. So now I feel like I need to have another 300 calorie day tomorrow to make up for it. It's such a roller coaster.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Hope: I am SO psyched FOR your DD!! Seeing the world is one thing I haven't really done. I am sure she will have a fantastic time and gain priceless experience. Sounds like she's in the right field for her. Is she going to cover anything or write about anything in particular? Thanks for letting me know about Cantonese. I found out the name of the restaurant we're going to and maybe I can plan!

Mike: Haha! It would have been awesome if the spot was a UFO though! You've obviously got some talent, and I can't wait to see more of the pictures. I hope you had just the BEST time on your honeymoon. DH and I will get around to honeymooning one of these years...

Aimeet: Sound like fantastic goals you've got there! Thanks for the luck on the Chinese. I'm laughing because I've been thinking about it all week. I'll be going out to lunch with my future co-workers (hopefully long-term co-workers!) and I don't want to get weird looks for obvious 'diet food' but at the same time - poo poo to them! lol.

Debbie: One step at a time! Maybe you just need to ease into it? Or find a protein substitute? Are you allowed quinoa, beans, or seeds? I can't remember if you're allowed dairy or not on South Beach. I know beans are always my go-to if I'm looking for protein and want to not get it from meat. They're full of fiber too, makes you feel full. But Becca is right - you are maintaining, and I think that can be harder than losing sometimes. You'll get it!

Becca: Awesome job getting the workout done!

Jenai: The tape measure is a weird thing, and boobs are the weirdest thing of all. It could be anything - maybe the bra has stretched out a little, or maybe you HAVE lost inches on your bust, or bust/waist combo in a way that makes the strap have to go tighter. I never understood it well - try not to think too much about it and just celebrate that tighter bra!!! Woohoo!!! That's always one that makes me feel good.

I don't think you need a 300 calorie day, personally I know how that can feel. Just work on maybe going for like 1500 and see how you feel. You will get it! It' s a marathon, not a sprint, and overall good choices will cancel out those little blips when you're a few hundred cals over. It happens to everyone. Don't give up!!!

As for me: Eye doc appointment went great, she was such a sweet lady. AND I'm joyful, because she gave me contacts with my new prescription RIGHT AWAY so I have them in! What a difference!!!! I definitely needed a new right eye and she said my left eye changed a bit too. I've got these in and we're doing a prescrption check next Monday to see how they feel. I did have some eye strain in my right eye yesterday, but I always expect that when adjusting to a new prescrption, especially because I was grading all day yesterday so I had to read terrible student handwriting. So I'm excited about that, because my driving tomorrow will be with my NEW prescrption and I feel more confident/less worried about driving at night.

I got my ab workout and cardio in yesterday. As expected, abs are tight today but not totally terrible. I usually work out in the evenings, but today I need to work out in the morning because from 4:00-11:00 straight is booked for me this evening. I have a blood pressure issue and I usually don't work out in the mornings because it's the worst then, but I'm gradually getting up and moving around and making sure my head is clear before I start. Had a blood pressure attack during my cardio yesterday and nearly fainted, but I think the room was just hot (I have low blood pressure, plus a mild form POTS which just means that certain postures can make me dizzy). I'll be watching myself closely today though, just in case I get another attack. They're never fun.

I also realized I won't be able to get in a workout Thursday due to my traveling. I have a scheduled day off on Saturday for working out, so I think I'll move that day off to Thursday - do the Thursday workout on Friday and the Friday workout on Saturday. I think it should still work out.

Tonight I'm going to a dinner where students are cooking (the meal is a surprise) so that'll be out of my hands; I'll do my best to make good choices! I'm then going to a bar with departmental colleagues; I've decided I'll stick to light beer, hopefully just one, no more than two. I need to get to bed early because I need to be out the door by 7:00 tomorrow (and I usually have to be up and about for awhile so my blood pressure will stabilize, so that means I need to be out of bed at 6:00 am, which is earlier than usual for me).

Not sure if I will check in again here until Friday (we'll see how tired I am Thursday night) but I will be logging and thinking of everyone!!!

Daily Goals
1) At least 72 oz. of water per day M: yes T: yes. I forgot how annoying it is to go to the bathroom like every hour!
2) NO mindless eating M: yes, everything was mindful T: yes
3) Log everything M: yes T: yes
4) Protein ~25-30% of daily/weekly calories M: 25% T: 26% Average: 25.5%
5) Calorie balance for the week: -4,000+ (rather than logging intake, I'm going to log my activity - food daily) M: -708 T: -769 Total: -1477
6) Five days of exercise (M-F), follow Turbo schedule M: yes T: yes. Feeling it today!

~Terri
Old 05-14-2014, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Goals (some borrowed) from: ( technically starting Tuesday but will log for M)
1) 6 glasses of water: y, y
2) mindful eating:Y, y though too much I guess
3) mindful speech: y, y
4) stretch: y, y
5) walk or gym 2-3 x: N yes and danced at Bruce Springsteen show
6) thro out 5 pieces of paper or 3 items: N Y
7) lose a pound at least: N, N - gained weight, WHAT???

I am not only having a hard time losing weight, I am gaining. I think that between my meds, bad back and increased appetite... I have also indulged in diet soda (makes me retain weight) some beer (I usually do not drink) and snacks, plus maybe too much food. OK I have to tighten my belt. I have to pull up my big girl pants because I can no longer fit my small girl pants haha - but really no joke.

Back to food logging I go.

Terri, you have accomplished so much so young, you have had your own journey... How'd the Chinese meal go?

Mike, so glad you guys got "hitched" and had fun. Love the UFO comment.

More later....

Last edited by canary52; 05-14-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday report

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit--yes
2. 6 glasses of water--yes
3. 4 fruits/veggies--yes
4. Exercise 3X for 30 min--yes
5. Lose 1lb

Had stir fry for lunch yesterday so I was able to get the veggies in. A good day yesterday!
Now if it would only stop raining--depressing and so darn humid.

Jenn
Old 05-14-2014, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by aimeet_1;108269
[B
Mike[/B]- Welcome back from your HM. Beautiful photo too, btw.
Thanky thanky

Originally Posted by beccafries

Mike that pic is beautiful!!!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks

Mike, congrats! Glad to hear everything went perfectly.

As for me, I hit another milestone today. I had to go in one notch tighter on my bra strap for a better fit! Means I must be losing inches, although the tape measure says differently. According to the tape in the past month I have actually increased1/4" on my waist and 1/2" on my hips. I just don't see how that is possible. Maybe I didn't measure in the exact same spot? I don't think so because now that I checked, I measured the same 2 weeks ago on Beachbody as I did on here a month ago. But today I measured bigger. I don't understand.

Still can't get my calories right. Went over today and had 1700, which now brings my 3 day average to over 1400. So now I feel like I need to have another 300 calorie day tomorrow to make up for it. It's such a roller coaster.
Thank you. Keep pushing forward ad the tape will go in the right direction.

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: Haha! It would have been awesome if the spot was a UFO though! You've obviously got some talent, and I can't wait to see more of the pictures. I hope you had just the BEST time on your honeymoon. DH and I will get around to honeymooning one of these years...

~Terri
Here's the one I did from yesterday, doll face.

Originally Posted by canary52
I am not only having a hard time losing weight, I am gaining. I think that between my meds, bad back and increased appetite... I have also indulged in diet soda (makes me retain weight) some beer (I usually do not drink) and snacks, plus maybe too much food. OK I have to tighten my belt. I have to pull up my big girl pants because I can no longer fit my small girl pants haha - but really no joke.

More later....
More later, I feel your pain. I'm waaaaaaay up. See most people complain about how they gained weight AFTER getting married. My plan was to pack it on before hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.