Notices

Is this MODERATE or HARD exercise ....?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

Default Is this MODERATE or HARD exercise ....?

would you consider this MODERATE 3-5 day exercise or
HARD 6 -7 day exercise

- running 3-5 miles a day
- 6 days a week
- some days are 2 miles and endurance
-2 hours of exercise a day
Old 04-30-2014, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

I think running a 2 mile distance, 6 days a week would be considered moderate. As for exercising 2 hours a day, every day...that would depend on what you're doing. If you're doing yard work or house cleaning I don't think that would fall into either moderate or hard. If you're doing yoga and walking in addition to the 2 miles of running, I would say moderate. If you're adding in strength training in addition to the 2 miles of running, then I would say hard.

Maybe you could give more details about what it is you're doing for those 2 hours daily exercise? Keep in mind, my response is only my opinion.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Personally, I would never exercise 6-7 days a week. Muscles need time to heal and repair themselves. I workout hard three times a week for an hour each time. In between I get more cardio by doing everyday chores like yard work or swimming. The problem is that I've been sedentary for so long that my exercise needs to be low impact since my knees and other joints don't work that well anymore. You can have a very good moderate workout three days a week as long as you get your heart rate up 50% to 85% of your maximum heart rate.

Listen to your body, and it will tell you if you are pushing it too much.