Notices

Motivational Thread April 7 - April 13

Old 04-13-2014, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome mybetterbody99! That's good advice to stick to it when making diet changes until you're taste buds adjust!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Calories for the day still a little high, but way better than yesterday ended up being. I feel like my eating is on a roller coaster ride. For example, this morning I was really hungry, but I didn't want to eat because I'm afraid of eating too many calories and gaining weight. But then I go completely the opposite way and end up eating too many at the end of the day. Then I go through the guilt and all that crap. Point is, it seems there is no happy middle ground. Suggestions? Thoughts?
Jenai - I think we all fall victim to this cycle...or at least I have! What I've done to stop this cycle (although I still do this from time to time!) is to plan ahead! I usually plan for breakfast, small snack and lunch because I pack these to take to work. On Sunday nights we usually cook some chicken breasts for the rest of the week. So my dinner usually involves chicken. I can just make some veggies to go with it, or I'll put it in a wrap, make a homemade pizza with it, put it in a salad, add it to a soup...it doesn't take much work or thought when the chicken is already marinated and cooked. Also, I try to divide my calories evenly throughout the day. For example, if I were to have 1800 calories a day, I might have a 450 calorie breakfast, lunch and dinner and two 200-250 calorie snacks. Bottom line is, planning may seem like a chore but I really feel it helps to keep me on track.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning,

The sun is shining, but it is just above zero (32 for my south of the border friends). Tomorrow we are supposed to hit 15 and Tuesday 17 and sunny!

Spring is springing!

To keep off a calorie roller coaster I have a target of 1200-1400 calories a day. I am still so obese that that range is quite ok for good weight loss, I will have to drop it as I go down.

I start by logging 2oz of cream for my day's coffee. That is about 4 cups and I drink 3-4 a day.

breaky (which I always eat, because I will not allow myself to eat after my evening meal, and I am hungry in the morning) usually 300-350 calories .. 2 slices whole wheat toast and 2 soft poached eggs. I like the eggs on top of my toast and the yolk spread over the egg. I don't need butter or anything on the toast. If I'm still hungry a piece of fruit.

Lunch is usually 300-400 calories. Soup or a sandwich, veggies and maybe an oz of cheese.

Supper is pretty traditional most days. Potatoes 1 or 2 additional veggies... beans kale or broccoli usually and either chicken or fish.

There are times this gets boring, but that is a good indication of real hunger. As long as I don't genuinely dislike a food, then being bored with it would not stop me from eating it if I was truly hungry. Isn't that when we are supposed to eat anyway?

I'm working really hard to take the emotional and psychological factors away from food. It is there to nourish me, physically. My emotional health will need another outlet.

I also think, how fortunate am I that I have the luxury to think a food choice is boring, or I am tired of it... many people in this planet have no such luxury.

Hi mybetterbody!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Holy water retention!!! Going to a restaurant two nights in a row = 5 lbs. of water weight!!?!?!

I have 4 days until my Easter Weigh In to drop 5 lbs. of water weight and hopefully make a slight dent in my actual weight. Why oh why did I eat out two days in a row!! Clearly one of my goals today will be to drink copious amounts of water and burn as many calories as humanly possible and keep my calories low! I have no number goals today, just a goal to make a difference in that darn water weight gain!

Have a great day all!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Water weight shows us why the restraint food tastes so good -- salt ++ .

I find protein one of the best things for dealing with hunger. I am not good with hunger. I start each day with a protein shake, sometimes with fruit added. Later in the day if I am hungry and it is not meal time I will have another shake or protein bar. Protein for me is the best appetite suppressant.

It is interesting how our body adjusts. I find the volume of food I can comfortably eat is a lot less. I sometimes forget and fill my plate with too much and I will be full on 3/4's of it.

For those of you thinking about wrinkles - facial yoga is well worth doing. It's free, it's easy and it gets results. It can also tighten up your throat muscles and help with snoring. I do it every morning and know it works. Google face yoga and you will find a few different sites. The two I do involve deep breathing and the Lion Face and another one I can't think of the name have. Be prepared for laughter if anyone sees you doing them. The face yoga is part of a 20 minute routine I do every morning to try and tighten things up as I lose. A mixture of deep breathing, stretching and gentle yoga.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, I have the same problem. I get so frustrated sometimes when it seems like I should have a handle on it by now. It helps to see that other people are in the same boat.
Jenn
Old 04-13-2014, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Mary, thanks for the idea. I've never heard of facial yoga before. I'll have to look into it.

Debbie, drink lots of water and I bet it's gone in no time! And you are right. Planning is key. I try to plan ahead, but lately I haven't been sticking to it. I think the problem is (ready for it? same song different day...) all the soda I've been drinking. That adds up to so many calories there's not enough room for regular food. yep, I think that's it.

Bea, what kinds of soups and sandwiches do you usually have?

Jenn, that's why I like this forum so much. Everything difficult that I'm going through everyone else on here has too so you girls are great at giving ideas. Also, we've all gone through some great triumphs too, so it's nice to have everyone celebrate those things with each other as well.

When I went grocery shopping today I bought diet soda again, which I haven't done it quite a long time. If I'm in a place where I just can't kick the soda habit, then I'll have to go back to diet for no calories. I know diet isn't good for us, but I just don't know what else to do right now. I just need to get back used to eating properly, and get my fizzy caffeine from diet soda.

That being said, I also bought lots of good things at the grocery today. Trying some new things, also got strawberries and grapes on sale. Got a few sweet treats for the kids to snack on. oh, btw, I bought an "emergency" 6 pack of Hershey's bars recently and put them in the freezer. When the kids cry that there's no snacks I can sneak one out and give it to them. You know, I bought those 2 weeks ago and there's still 2 or 3 left. They haven't been complaining as much...hallelujah!

Tomorrow starts a new week, and I look forward to being full sugar soda-free. I think that will make a huge difference on my eating habits and also how I feel about things in general.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

I can't tell you how happy I am that tomorrow starts a new week. lol The last couple days I've been breaking even on my calories in/calories burned, and most of the calories are coming from soda.

So glad I bought some diet soda this week! I have a good feeling that this week will see a lot of improvement!

Here's to a productive 4 days until weigh in!!!