Notices

What percentage should be carbs/proteins/etc...?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default What percentage should be carbs/proteins/etc...?

I created a daily log, trying to keep track of how many calories I'm consuming every day.

The pie graph breaks it down to show me what % is carbs, protein, etc...

But, is there something that shows me what I should be aiming for? Does anyone know?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

hey there avalon,
you can click on the "weight goal" tab, then after you enter in your goal weight and date you can click on "calorie restriction" tab below. that will tell you how many cals you can have in a day. you can also make "custom nutrition goals" if you wanted to.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

I depends on what you are trying to do with your diet, athletes do one thing, weightlifters another and dieters usually try to find a low carb, high protein mix they can live with. When I first joined fitday I found out that I generally (even when dieting) tend to have a very heavily carb based diet (around 65% carbs), which I think has likely been the cause of my obesity. So for me to lose weight I do better and can eat more calories if I can keep the carbs lower than 50% and my proteins over 30%. My goal pie chart is 40% carbs, 40% proteins and 20% fats. Usually I'm at closer to 45% carbs, 35% proteins and 20% fats, but that works okay too.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

i realized i completely misread your question, Avalon. sorry!

I think I'd lose more weight if I was using Almeeker's percentages. right now i'm around 50% carbs, 22% protein and 28% fat. too much bingeing on dark choc is the problem.