Notices

Motivational Thread March 17-March 23

Old 03-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning ladies.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

I really enjoy this motivational thread. Hope it's ok if I join. I too have been struggling with water retention. It's really starting to wear me down!! I hope that setting weekly goals here will help hold me accountable!!

Goals
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies a day
2. Min. of 6 glasses of water daily.
3. Be down 1.5 pounds by Friday weight in.
4. Say no to the extra serving at family meal times.
5. Exercise 30 min 5 times this week.

Personal goals
1. Read at least 20 minutes a day
2. Put cleaning on the back burner and spend quality time with the children this week - - spring break
3. Try a new healthy food

Thanks for letting me join!!! I hope everyone has a great week!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Glad to be starting a new week.
Mern, I would have eaten them all too. All those processed meats contain sooo much salt, don't they? I hope the retention goes down quickly.

Mary, Good luck on the temptations you face on your trip. Knowing in advance what will probably happen I think makes it easier to plan and overcome. So sorry your friend is going through this!

Jenn, I am sure you will be where you want to by your next appointment. You have 2 weeks, and I know if you stick to your goals you will get there. Plus you have extra motivation in wanting good lab results. you can do it!

Debbie, don't let one weekend derail you. Start back on track today and you'll be fine. But you already know that!

Libby, new medications can really work a number on us! Is the water retention something that will even out as you get adjusted to the meds, or is it just something that will always be as long as you take it? Although I personally think that 800 calories is too low, your Jump Start is only 3 weeks, and you are doing well to stay so committed. I hope at the end of the 3 weeks it will have worked for you!

I'm going to keep my goals pretty much the same...
1. Eat some fruits and vegetables each day.
2. Exercise
3. Drink lots of water
4. Get enough protein and fiber
5. Overhaul and organize my pantry

It's going to be hard to keep myself motivated going to the gym without my son there to push me along. I'll be glad when his leg heals enough that he can go back!

Since I seem to have a hard time getting in all my meals and I'm often too low in protein and fiber, I bought some Atkin's shakes as a meal replacement or a smoothie base because they have tons of protein and fiber. We'll see how that works out.

I got a new toy delivered, and I can't wait to use it. I got a vegetable/fruit spiralizer/slicer/ribbon maker. A lot of my dishes and casseroles start with pasta, and I'm trying to avoid pasta. I'm looking forward to making zucchini and squash "spaghetti" and stuff like that. I hope the contraption works! It got good reviews on Amazon so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I saw the 250's yesterday, and I was so excited! Although my sodium last night was high so I spiked back up a little, but at least I know the 260's will soon be a thing of my past...forever this time!!!

Here's to a good week for everyone!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Mike!
Jennifer, I like your goals. Particularly saying no to extra servings. I have a really hard time with that myself. And also the goal to spend more time with the kiddos over spring break. I hope you do lots of fun, quality things together!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Good morning ladies.
LOL! Good morning Mike!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

I squeeze the juice of a whole lemon and add it to a pitcher of water. Don't add any sweetener. Drink a glass before every meal and finish it before the end of the day. You will be running to the bathroom a lot but it will get rid of water retention and make you feel better. It works for me. I am on my forth glass and its only noon. Lets see what the scale says tomorrow. I just finished my walk, 5.4K in 61 minutes and I am not even breathing hard. I am getting fitter and when I get down to 150 I am going to start running.
My goals for this week are.
Lots of fruit and vegetables
Lots of water
Walk every day
Upper body work 3XW
Keep the house clean
Enjoy life
Have a great week.
Jenai, I hope that the water retention will go down on its own because I don't want to go on a water pill. My ankles are looking better already and my rings aren't tight like they were this morning.
Last night we had fish and I sliced some large tomatoes about one quarter inch thick, put some parm cheese on to and put them under the broiler. Were they ever good. The guys ate potato salad.

Last edited by libby116; 03-17-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

The water retention is gone. I hope the scale agrees tomorrow.
My goals for this week are:
Lots of fruit and vegetables: Yes
Lots of water: Yes
Walk every day: 5.4K in 61 min.
Upper body work 3XW
Keep the house clean: No
Enjoy life
Have a great week.
I made quinoa for the first time and I like it.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby I think I got a hold of the water retention...somewhat. I ended up drinking a few glasses of water with apple cider vinegar...apparently it helps? We'll see tomorrow if the scale agrees. So how did you prepare the quinoa?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Goals
1. Keep within carb limit (40 grams per meal) no not terribly over but could've been better
2. 4 servings fruits/veggies 3 veggies
3. 6 glasses of water (at least) yes
4. Lose 1lb and post in friday weigh-in
5. Exercise 30 min 4X yes

Personal goals
1. Clean bedroom including vacuuming clean--just need to vacuum
2. Vacuum living room DONE
3. write

Not a bad day overall.
Jenn
Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

1. Eat some fruits and vegetables each day M-Y
2. Exercise M-N
3. Drink lots of water M-N
4. Get enough protein and fiber M-Y
5. Overhaul and organize my pantry YES!!! and it looks amazing!!! Labels on the shelves and everything!!!

I'm going to add a goal this week...
6. Stay away from fast food!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.