Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-15-2014, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Week 2 Day 2 of Jump Start

Post calories: 798, 773, 788, 860, 863, 788
Post exercise: 3.6K 45min, 4.9K 66min, 3.85K 48 min., 5K 1hr. plus weights and crunches, N, 35 min. 3K
8 glasses of water: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, T-Y, F-5, S-Y
Work on quilting: Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes

I had a busy day and wasn't thinking about food so my calories are low.
Imay have a piece of cheese before bed. Have a great day all.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:34 PM
FitDay Member

Great job everyone on the weigh in for no gains this week! I had a much better day today after yesterday's miserable fail. I did have a soda today (it's becoming a bad habit), but I'm way under on my calories. Even with the soda i'm only at 840. Thinking about what to have for a snack that's healthy and won't derail me. Fruits and veggies today consisted of raisins and asparagus. So at east I had something. Do raisins count as fruit? I mean, I know they're grapes...maybe this a dumb question. But my fiber for the day is way down, and my protein is down low. I'm thinking about having a snack with something with peanut butter, maybe an apple? hmmm. that sounds good.

I have no idea why I'm craving soda so badly. maybe that's a clue to eat more natural sugars in fruits or something. (?)
Old 03-16-2014, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Great job everyone on the weigh in for no gains this week! I had a much better day today after yesterday's miserable fail. I did have a soda today (it's becoming a bad habit), but I'm way under on my calories. Even with the soda i'm only at 840. Thinking about what to have for a snack that's healthy and won't derail me. Fruits and veggies today consisted of raisins and asparagus. So at east I had something. Do raisins count as fruit? I mean, I know they're grapes...maybe this a dumb question. But my fiber for the day is way down, and my protein is down low. I'm thinking about having a snack with something with peanut butter, maybe an apple? hmmm. that sounds good.

I have no idea why I'm craving soda so badly. maybe that's a clue to eat more natural sugars in fruits or something. (?)
I think soda (pop in my world) is addictive on it's own. I used to drink 2-3 cans of diet pop a day. It made everything else harder! I haven't had any now since the beginning of the year. Staying on a healthy eating plan is so much easier now. I am also realizing that some fruits are a problem for me. Basically, if I can't have one of something without needing to go back for more, I need to stay clear........... "evilly eyeing apples, bananas, and oranges"
Old 03-16-2014, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

I have the same issue Bea. There are some foods I should not have in the house. Bread being one of them. Cola is another one. With those foods it is easier to eliminate them than to cut down. I'm back to no wheat today although a bit high on calories. I was wondering why I was hungry earlier then realized I had no protein at noon. Hopefully the extra I added for supper will get rid of that feeling.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Week 2 Day 3 of Jump Start

Post calories: 798, 773, 788, 860, 863, 788, 642
Post exercise: 3.6K 45min, 4.9K 66min, 3.85K 48 min., 5K 1hr. plus weights and crunches, N, 35 min. 3K, 52min. 4.4K
8 glasses of water: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, T-Y, F-5, S-Y, S-Y
Work on quilting: Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes

My weight was up yesterday and this morning. I have to watch the sodium in sauces and meat.
I don't drink diet pop every day but I do enjoy a can of coke zero once in a while. I probably should cut it out all together.
This was another good day.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

I had 2 cups of shredded cabbage and raisins today. A little is better than none. I'm pretty excited, though, because my scale went down again today. I'm down 17.4 lbs! I'm totally thrilled with that. 1-2 lbs a week might not seem like a enough to me sometimes, but when I look at totals like this it shows me that it does add up pretty quickly.

I'm only at 975 calories for the day, which I think is too low. Only about 1/2 my protein and fiber. I decided to try Atkin's shakes, not because I'm doing low carb, but I like the nutritional value and I might use them as a breakfast or lunch replacement. 7g of fiber and 10g of protein in 11oz with a total of 140 calories. I really like the 10g of protein.

After my disaster day on Friday, this weekend I made a pretty good come back. Looking forward to a new week tomorrow. Everyone did so well this week!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

I only did 30min on elliptical this a.m. at the gym. Was feeling run down. I'm afraid I'm coming down with my son's cold. Also, I had one of my migraines today and lasted through out the day and is just starting to die down this evening. Ugh...On the plus side, they make me so sick to my stomach I hardly ate and only had 800 calories today.