Notices

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by libby116
The flowers almost made me cry. We are still buried in two feet of snow and
probably won't see grass till mid April. Post some more pictures PLEASE.
Why settle for the bees knees when you can have the bees butt, right?

Old 03-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, I got back from my bike ride and decided to battle the bees again. I finally took a pic I liked, so that's two goals done. No walking for me today because I had to wash the cement off my shoes and they are still wet.

Here are a bunch of pics. I was too lazy to do ANY editing so they are straight from the camera. They are thumbnails, so just click it if you want to see it bigger.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mytsie chillin' with her bone. The "bee bush" is in the background.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

6 glasses of water M-Y T-Y W-N T-N F-Y S-Y S-Y
800 calorie limit M-N T-N W-N T-N F-almost S-almost S-under 1000
Exercise 3X M-Y T-Y W-N T-N F-Y S-Y S-Y
Lose 3 pounds

My day went well except for my calorie count. I am going to exercise for another 30 minutes tonight.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Last check in of the week. Wow! It's been a busy thread this week! I'm kind of glad to see the week come to an end....not sure why I decided to make tracking my calories a goal this week. It makes me crazy to track my calories! I'll have to rethink my goals for the coming week.

1. Track calories - M - yes, Tu - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes, Sat - yes, Sun - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning interval workout) - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes, Sat - yes, Sun - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout) 4x - 1X T - yes, 2X W - yes, 3X Th - yes, 4x F - yes, 5X , Sat - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes, Sat - yes, Sun - yes
5. No alcohol - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - no, Sat - a no, Sun - yes

Mike - Love the photos!!! OMG! I can't wait for Spring! I love the picture of Mystie...so sweet!

Libby - You're really killin' the Jump Start! Maybe I should get the book and join you....not sure if I can be that disciplined though....but if it could help get to goal quickly....hmmmmm

Mern - How did you make lasagna low carb? Did you use zucchini in place of the pasta? Thanks for the post about egg substitute....I used to use it but haven't in years. I'll have to check that out again.

Jenai - Yesterday was grocery day for me...totally agree...YUCK!

April - So heart warming to hear your pup ended up in a good home. It makes me sick to think of all the animals out there that are abused.

Off to bed soon....tomorrow is going to be tough with the time change!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

I stayed within my calorie range; however, not a single fruit or vegetable in sight. I am just not good at those. Blackberries are on sale this week for 75 cents, and I got 4 of those. Asparagus is on sale. Got 2 bunches. Apples ae on sale. I'm also going to try kale. Can you eat it raw in a salad or does it need to be cooked? So, I got some good things, and am getting more when I go to Sprout's tomorrow. It's just a matter of actually fixing them and eating them. I made crock pot caramelized onions today. I tried one and they are so good! And only 2 Tbsp of butter for the whole pot. The turned out just perfect, 7.5 hours on low.

Tonight was takeout night. We have takeout once a week and I get a day off cooking. I had 3 little chicken strips. I couldn't believe it...1400mg of sodium!!! and nearly 400 calories. ugh. Bad choice. Would have been better off with a cheeseburger, but I didn't look at the nutritional chart before I went to pick up my daughter and decide where we were going to go. Next time I'll plan ahead.

Wasn't a strong week for me. Tomorrow is a new day and a new week.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

I love those flower & bee photos. We had a sunny day here finally as well which was nice. Maybe soon some warmer weather!!!

Jedi-- I love kale chips. Sprinkle salt and drizzle small amount of olive oil and toss in a bowl. Then spread it on cookie sheet and bake til crisp- 275 degrees for about 15 min. Yummy!

I was bad this weekend and fell off the wagon. My husband's days off are Thurs & Fri and those are always bad days for me eatingwise. Add to that fact that I extended it through on saturday as well and then also did not keep up with my water intake. I gained 2 pounds!!! Ugh.... I'm upset but I'm not going to let this bring my motivation down. I went to the gym this a.m. and did elliptical for 45 min and have done better today on water and calories. Just kind of threw me how quickly I can gain back if I let slip for even 2-3 days. Sheesh...
Old 03-09-2014, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

To wrap up this week...
Simple goals for first week back
1. post on this thread at least once daily M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y, F: Y, S: Y, S: N
2. workout daily and record in diary how I feel from it M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y, F: Y, S: Y, S: Y
3. do not eat anything that I didn't bring to work with me or plan unless it's fruit M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y, F: N
4. at least three work cups of ice water daily M: Y, T: Y (2 but lots extra at home, W: Y, T: Y, F: Y

I didn't make it here yesterday. I had every intention last night but I just didn't get to it. I did, however, realize at 9pm that I hadn't worked out yet and chose a 40 min kettlebell video. I love kettlebell work outs. My legs are so sore. I think it's from my Saturday walk with Chloe because they hurt Sunday morning and still hurt. So this morning will be a lighter more stretchy video than strength or cardio. Off to do that and will be back with goals later.

Sorry I don't keep up well on the weekends but great pics Mike and Aimee my husband is off Thurs/Fri too and every other weekend. I do okay on his THurs/Fri because I am at work but his Sat/Sun are horrible days for me. That was this weekend. Next weekend will be better for food.