Notices

Losing Motivation

Old 05-20-2010, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

OMG...I never thought about it but your right...1 more pound and that'll be 10% of me. Too Cool. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

Dizzy....perfect...thank you....
Old 05-21-2010, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

This was me yesterday. I had a pity party and I tried to invite my hubby but he refused to join. I'm trying so hard but I haven't really lost as much as the rest of you ladies. I'm still in the 200's and I began in February. I jog/walk 5 days a week with my hubby 2-3 miles. I don't think I'm building muscle because I still see the fat. I really want to stay motivated but at this point I'm beginning to lose hope. I keep seeing thin girls walking around with fabulous looking summer clothes at my school that I would never be able to wear and it just depresses me. I graduate in 3 weeks so I'm glad I don't have to see them walking around. I'm not trying to steal your thunder dizzy I just wanted to let you know that I totally feel what you're going through.

Oh and to top it off I went to the doctor's office today and the scale there said I weight more than the one I have at home. I've lost less weight than I originally thought. How lame is that?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

talking about losing motivation, i'm right there with you! fifth weeks on fitday, lost only 6.4lbs, it was 6.8 but, this week not only i didn't lose any weight, i gained .4lbs back!!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by EMS1981
Oh and to top it off I went to the doctor's office today and the scale there said I weight more than the one I have at home. I've lost less weight than I originally thought. How lame is that?
At the doctor's office, you were fully clothed and had probably eaten/drank before you were weighed. You'll weigh a lot less at home undressed and before breakfast. If you do the work, you'll see the results. It always goes slower than we want, but if you stick with it, it WILL work.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:12 PM
FitDay Member

EMS1981... Don't lose hope. We're all here for you. The weight loss is just the added bonus, look how healthy you're becoming. Just because the weight is not changing as quickly as you would like, doesn't mean your body shape isn't changing. And that being said, we never see it in ourselves. I cannot suggest enough to take pictures of yourself periodically. This is where you'll see the changes most.

Forget the doctors's scale. You originally started weighing on yours....continue weighing on yours.

Be kind to yourself. We are more critical of ourselves than we are of strangers. Patience...DON'T GIVE UP!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:36 PM
FitDay Member

farahb7... Excellent...what an achievement, you've already lost over 6 pounds in only 5 weeks...look how much healthier and stronger your becoming. That is totally healthy progress. I think we all "want it yesterday" but if I think about it, I would prefer to go slow and be able to keep it off permanently. This is a difficult time of year because the warm weather is coming and bringing with it all the summer fashion we are so desperate to wear.

One other thing...I read that you are within 25 pounds of your goal...I've heard that this is the hardest part...It's like the last 3 minutes of a race, when your body is screaming at you to quit, but you push through and keep going. The finish line is just around the next bend...Hang in.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hi All, well thanks to you I got the kick up the butt I needed! I have restarted my fitness regime (at a higher intensity) and am feeling much more motivated! I have also decided to do a charity 25 mile bike ride in July so that is something I definitely have to work towards. Thanks again all of you for getting me back on track. And esp. Dizzy who from being the unmotivated one is now lead motivator!!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone!!

I'm back to my happy and hopeful self. I've decided that I'm going to stick to this no matter what. My hubby's overall health is a great motivator to keep exercising. He is really "thin" but had terrible cholesterol. This week when we received his results his cholesterol was normal. I've always had great cholesterol levels so I didn't have to worry about mine but just to see his get better was the kick I needed. This will forever be a lifestyle we are adapting not a temporary thing.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 PM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone. It's great to see that we're all back on track today.

Hick: I think that bike ride is an excellent idea. You can do it. Anytime you feel overwhelmed, just stop in for a chat. Don't forget how far you've come already.

EMS: It's fantastic that you're taking preventative measures to protect your health rather than waiting for something bad to happen and then making the change...good for you and your husband.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.