Notices

Losing Motivation

Old 05-14-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all i just wanted to add my bit on the size issue. When i lost 3 stone it took me a long time to see it for myself. Although others would say all the time that i looked slimmer was always looking thinking "why cant i see what they all see." Soon enough though the clothes were feeling less tight and my jeans werent too tight after coming out of the tumble dryer!
Then at my dads 50th birthday bash i had some pictures taken with my partner and kids and i looked at them and was totally blown away. I was like wow-look at my legs and i had a womanly shape. Then my mum showed me a picture that was taken last christmas before my diet and when i compared them it was incredible the difference between them. I used to hate my picture being taken- i didnt believe that was how big i looked! Now i dont mind as much because i think if thats what im looking like now it aint so bad to how i used to be. Yeah ive still got just under 2 stone to go but i will get there andi will make up for all the time lost out of the limelight. I will make sure i be in every picture and wont be ashamed anymore. Keep up the good work everyone!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Since my pants test is gaining popularity I'm going to share my shirt trick. Most of my shirts are the t-shirt type, it might be different if they were blouses. I like my shirts a little loose, but if it hangs straight down from my boobs and doesn't come in at the underbust, then it goes.

This is my new test, my old shirt test was that once the arm hole started at my elbow, it had to go!!! But those were some very big shirts. I don't think there is such a huge difference between my current size and my goal size - but maybe.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you all for the encouragement and the tips and advice. I too have 2 pair of jeans that are out thanks to the button test.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, Dizzy!
I've read your post and I have to tell you that days like this are normal. But don't give up. (and pardon me for my english mistakes because it's not my native language :-D)

So, of course the bigger jeans will fit you now because YOU'VE LOST some weight!! :-))
And, losing weight is not always proporcional with fitting into a smaller jeans. Believe me. I have jeans that I bought when I was 15 kilograms lighter!!! I can still wear them. How??? Kill me if I know! But also, I have a pair of really big jeans that scares me when I put them on and see that I feel comfortable in them.
So, don't mind on that. You see the numbers that you wrote and I'm sure that the difference is there, but the fat that we have on our body needs some time to go away for real so that we can buy ourselves smaller clothes. And one more very important thing, but I'm sure you already know that - not all the 16 numbers are the same, or 18, or 20. It depends on manufacturers.
So, head up and don't give up!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dizzy_44
Thank you all for the encouragement and the tips and advice. I too have 2 pair of jeans that are out thanks to the button test.
See you have lost something!!!! Because there is no way that those pants fit like that the day you bought them right? This process is very frustrating and slow sometimes, but stick with it kiddo, you'll thank yourself later.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi all,

I really needed to come in and say thank you to all of you who took time out of your busy days to reply to my post. The tips, advise and support are invaluable. The stories that you've all shared show that I'm not alone in this.

You are all amazing people....thank you.

Last edited by dizzy_44; 05-16-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Dizzy-44 I am there with you but together we can get through the day! I was (until 8 months ago) in scrubs all the time. IT is hard to see any change. I now am in jeans an t-shirts and wish I was back in scrubs because at least the were a little forgiving! Anywho what I am trying to say and not doing a good job at it is.... you are getting there. Look at you number... you are under 200 which is awesome and a great progress! Keep up the good work!

Jakevoll
Old 05-20-2010, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

I think it must be catching as I've lost all motivation this week. The scales just don't seem to be moving downwards at all. I think maybe that I'm gonna be stuck at this weight forever! Work is horrible, its coming up to my time of the month, my partner is having to work overtime all the time. I'm just needing a flipping good kick up the backside I think, but can't seem to get the motivation to give myself one!!!

Please, if anyone has very large, steel toe capped boots, could they hoist them in my direction and kick as hard as they can!!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

We all have those days, Hick. I started my weight loss moving again by having 2 really big cheat days (actually I was eating because I was so bummed out about not losing any more weight) On the 4th day it started moving again.

A wise person in this thread said "...what I'm trying to say, is be proud of your achievement, we all know folk who talk about losing weight - you're one of the few who are actually doing something about it! So well done...and keep your chin up....and try to concentrate on the small achievements"
Old 05-20-2010, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dizzy_44
This is just a depressing rant... so feel free to skip it if you want.

I'm lacking motivation today. I started this journey on March 28th at 217 lbs. It is now May 13 and I'm down to 197.2 lbs (I'm 5'8"). The problem is, I see no change. I wear scrubs all day long, so that's no indicator of progress. I've tried measurements but that doesn't work out because I think I keep changing the area I measure so my numbers are never right. Bought a pair of 16 jeans, but I think it's a very big 16, because my 20's still fit too. (I don't understand how after a 20 lb loss, the same clothes still fit) I'm still wearing 2x tops. I went to the second hand store and bought some clothes in size xl & l. I feel as though they are never going to fit. They look way too small. I just want to see a small change...anything will do. I've been working so hard with watching what I'm eating and increasing my activity a little but nothing changes. I feel like I'm failing. .

Well, thanks to all who took the time to read my disheartening rant. Hope I didn't depress you too much...just had to get it off my chest.

Ps. I'm usually a very positive person...today is just not that day....
Oooooh... you're having the same day I had yesterday! I have lost 44 pounds in 10 weeks and my size 22's still fit... and so do my 20's, and I just bought 18's yesterday that are snug... but FIT. Don't be disheartened, 20 pounds is AMAZING... and in only 2 months!? Incredible! A few things may be affecting you:
1. You're adding muscle as fast as you're losing weight, so your weight remains the same.
2. Your body has gotten wise to your evil dieting ways and is fighting you - fool your body by either zig zag eating or changing up your exercise routine... work a completely different muscle group and leave your main ones alone.
3. You're closer to your goal, so you're going to lose slower... this is the most depressing news of all since when we are big we lose fast!
4. Give your body time to catch up with you! I find that if I have a good weight loss, I don't lose any inches... if I have a lower weight loss, I lose lots of inches. It seems to me that my body just can't do two things at once.

Good luck, and chin up! You're doing fantastic! 1 more pounds and you've lost 10% of your former self!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.