Notices

I'm glad to be here

Old 01-11-2014, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm glad to be here

Hi everyone. My name is Sascha and as you've already guessed, i am a new member of the fitday community. Thanks for having me!

What brought me here? Mmmmm.......there are probably a million ways i could answer this question but i'll only give a few answers.

Number 1: I want to be accountable for my health again. I recently lost someone close to me due to health complications no doubt brought on by obesity and diabetes among other health things. I am also pre-diabetic.

Number 2: I am tired of feeling tired all the time. Sleep is all i ever want to do and i know that that is NOT normal

Number 3: I want a body i can be proud of. I'm tired of having to hide the unflattering parts

Number 4: I want to learn good habits for life. Yo-yo dieting never worked long term for anyone and its not healthy. I want to be around and be healthy for myself, my family and my friends. I want to be an inspiration for my family to get healthy.

Well that's it. In the bigger scheme of things, i am not starting off at a terrible point - i am not obese and i am healthy enough to do what needs to be done. I guess i just need some encouragement. And for anyone who's interested, i will be following paleo as that will not only allow me to lose the weight/fat, it will help tremendously with my blood sugar levels as well.

Thanks for listening guys and gals and all the best for 2014
Old 01-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Sascha! Good luck with your diet resolve and new habits. Your doctor has probably already given you good medical advice because you are pre-diabetic. Fitday has some good tools to help you stay on track following that advice (I'm thinking of the food journal, for example).

If you have specific goals, it's easy to measure your progress with the tools available here. And as far as motivation, we all need that! I wish they could put that in a bottle and sell it.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Sascha ! I'm new as well. Good luck on your healthy journey.

I've done paleo in the past and liked it for the most part. I'm not sure if I want to do that completely this time around as I don't know that I can or want to give up cheese and rice/bread at this point- but maybe in the future.

Wanting to be healthy to be around for family and friends is a lovely goal as well. Much luck to you!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

New here too, everyone seems really friendly. I have some tips to share of my own, but really excited to see what I can learn from others.
Anyway, welcome