Notices

Self sabotager!

Old 05-07-2010, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Self sabotager!

Hi! I am new here. Trying to lose about 50 lbs before Christmas 2010. I do pretty good with meals but then I have a sugar craving during the day and for whatever stupid reason I indulge it and ruin everything. And then I will get lazy on busy days and eat the fast food too. This week I ate perfectly except for that bag of chocolate and the Mcdonald's visit in between all the kids soccer games.

HELP! I am sick of this. I am sick of going against myself! I don't even enjoy the cheating. Drives me nuts!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

I do the same exact thing...I eat really well during the day, and then when I get home from work (around 3pm) I get so bored that all I do is snack on stuff. What sucks about it is that I snack on decently nutritious food, but I eat A LOT of it. Like yesterday, I ate a huge bowl of frozen raspberries with Cool Whip Free on it...and then I had two slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. It just goes on and on! I can't stop.

I then sit there and wallow in self-pity, thinking about how horrible I am, and how fat I'm going to be if I don't stop pigging out. And then I eat some more. I'm starting to think I need therapy lol.

On the flip side, at least I know that what I'm doing is wrong...maybe that will motivate me to knock it off!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Nobody plans to fail, they fail to plan. I think what you both need is a better plan and to break some bad habits. Pack a bag, plan your snacks, shop accordingly, and lock your purse in the trunk so you can't get drive thru fast food. I also have good luck when I make a commitment, so write it on the calendar/planner/palm what you are going to do and how. So at first you make the commitment for 1 day, then 2-3 days, then for a week, then 10 days. Keep in mind it takes at least 3 weeks to ditch a bad habit (if you're lucky). Typically for me it takes longer than that, but I stick with it, because I know at the end of the day I'm not bad, but some of my habits are. Another thing I've learned about myself is that I can only work on one bad habit at a time.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb

Ive got to say im guilty too of this cheating. I understand though that im only cheating myself and the only person im letting down is me. I know also that when i do cheat i spend ages feeling guilty about the secret binge.In that case i always keep that thought in my head when im thinking about those naughty foods that are surrounding me and think it just isnt worth the heartache it brings to me!! I advice that you try and find ways to combat the weaknesses that arise when high fat foods are around when you know deep down dont want or need them. I know that this is easier said then done ive battled the demons for years and still am to this day but supporting each and every one of us through the hard times is what is going to make us all come out on top!!