Notices

Motivational Starting September 9, 2013: A Better Week

Old 09-11-2013, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, great to see you here! It's been hot as blazes here, too--in the 90s for several days, but my excuse for not exercising was just plain laziness. Best wishes on your yardwork and kudos on the water. I hope your blood pressure goes down before your next checkup.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Afternoon everyone. I got in a little house work this morning Then back outy to the back corner. MY friend and I filled up the back of my little pickup again with trees. We figure that we got close to a cord of wood gathered up and hauled down to her house. So any way I have been working a lot of muscles and I am tired to day but not as bad as uesterday
robin please stay you will be missed if you leave.
Hope that was clever about the droids.
Mern sorry you gained so much weight this last year. We all miss you when you don't post.
Speaking of missing where is mike and ian?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to mcallahan. Sorry you must deal with the IBS. Enjoy your dinner veggies. Best wishes on formulating goals that will be both achievable and satisfying at the same time.

Nyda, you're getting a lot of exercise moving that wood! Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I certainly don't do well on my own-- I need the support of this group. Oh, by the way, I found "Nyda" as a Native American name with the meaning of "a call"--something to do with a call. The other source I found was French as you mentioned but I've now forgotten the meaning. I love the name no matter what the source.

Hope, I should have thought of blaming Autumn for my weight gain. I have to start posting my menues again with you!

Libby, what fun it was to come here after being gone several days again to learn you've still got that chocolate bar in the freezer. I've had a crazy day and haven't gotten in as many veggies as usual, but I was in heaven eating mashed cauliflower with cheese tonight. I've gotten so that I actually prefer it to mashed potatoes. I saw your question about losing weight in the legs and possible hanging skin. I have no idea but look forward to reading what others may have experienced.

Jedi, so glad you joined us. We welcome new members any time--even the last five minutes of a week that's about to end. I just always hope our new members know we start a new thread each (USA) Monday morning. I like your nice simple goals.

Robin, I don't diet--I have changed my eating lifestyle and calories so that when I am at goal I should be eating the same way as I do now and about the same number of calories. I can't preach--I know what to do for myself and how to do it, I just haven't been doing it because I got burned out and lost willpower. We all have to find what fits us best as individuals and I just know you will figure it out. Kudos on losing two more pounds, are off treats, and eating clean. I am one who has disappeared several times. I know better--I have found it disconcerting as well when other veterans of this group have left without a trace.

Mel-Mc I hope your sinuses are better. My weed pollen allergy is worse but doc recommended two different generic meds for me to try since the generic Claritin wasn't working. The Zyrtec I took this morning is helping me breathe more easily, but I feel like I'm drowning in post nasal drip. Tomorrow I'm trying the generic version of Allegra to see if that makes me more or less comfortable.

Well, that's about as much catching up as I can muster today. Must go and log my food because I didn't have time to do it earlier today and then hopefully get in SOME exercise. I'm starting fresh after not exercising Monday or Tuesday, so my goal for Wednesday through Sunday is 90 minutes. Next week it will be 150 minutes.

Last edited by Mern; 09-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Goals: Keep calories under 1400; M=y, T=y, W=Y
Walk at lunch at least 3 times: 2 done
Detox from the Mt. Dew: M=none, T=1 bottle, W=1bottle

Mern, congrats of having a great doctor with a good plan. I've never had good luck with the medical profession and my weight. (abusive, indifferent, or misinformed) My sinuses are worse again (see the non-detox from Mt. Dew above due to the nasal drainage) but not as bad as before because I'm on all my medications (loratadine, fluticasone, and supplemental OTC antihistamines when it gets really bad.)

Can you get an exercise buddy? I almost never miss exercise but that is because I'm meeting someone.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Correction: I didn't gain eight pounds since my last doctor visit. The medical assistant said it was eight, but she was wrong--it's an increase of eleven pounds to the tune of 214 excess calories per day for the past six months.

Mel-Mc, nice Wednesday report. Kudos on the walking and calories, and even on your Mt. Dew detoxing attempts, but I also have found my Diet Coke helpful in washing away the sinus junk draining down my throat. I think I'll try some club soda tomorrow (or some carbonated water with no sodium in it). Oh, golly, that's not a 64 oz. bottle of Mt. Dew, is it? No, I don't have an exercise buddy, but I do better without one, except if I'm in a class at the Y or on my aerobic walking exercise DVD at home. Wishing you comfort while the allergy season lasts. UGH!

Last edited by Mern; 09-11-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Mel-Mc, when I finally realized my doc's weren't worth the gas I was buying to drive less than five miles to their offices, I decided to keep looking until I found one that was willing to work with me. I am lucky my insurance allows me to do that.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Goals: lose weight and get fit
Drink 8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y
Exercise 3x this week: N, Y, Y,
Calories under 1100: 1000, 700, 754,
2 fruits 3 veg: 1-4, 2-4, 2-3,
I'm still congested and my throat still hurts. I'm drinking a lot of hot tea with lemon and it helps for a while. Friday is DH's birthday and I hope I am feeling better by then. In the mean time I'm staying on track with my diet and doing
what I can to keep the house clean.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, a tough week for illnesses.

Thanks to those who supported me staying. I will keep on here at least for a while. It's clearly good for me and if I can offer suggestions well .

I must say I never had much trouble with exercise. Not because I had a buddy but because I enjoy it. Find something you enjoy! If you have trouble being motivated. I know, easier said than done. I will snowshoe when the snow comes. If I am struggling with exercise it's simply about time.

First day in of morning yoga. I have done this before and I know how good it feels. Just gotta get out of bed in time to have time (ugh).

On the diet pop, everything I read says it is awful for your health and for weight loss (sugar cravings, etc). I was totally addicted to diet coke. I quit several years ago and have not even had a taste of pop since. No doubt I am healthier for it.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Had another busy day. I find when I am busy I eat less. I just forget about food until I am done. We are expecting rain tomorrow. It has clouded up and rained a bit tonight. I will have to work hard inside in front of the tv with my walking tapes. Me and the dog are s bit stiff. I had stiff knees this morning when I first got up. Had spagetti with home made sauce. We make a killer sauce and use our tomatoes and garlic and other veggies we happen to have.
Mern thank you for in the information on my grandmothers name.
Libby sorry ot see you are swtill not well. As far as allergies go, my sister and I both suffer from sage brush when it blooms in the fall.
Robin diet coke is the only real vice I have. I have cut back to about half what I use to. It really does help with the sinus and dry mouth which I have in the morning.
hope everyone has a good evening and a great tomorrow.

Goals this week are
1. exercise 5 times min.-1-2-3
2. drink at least 8 cups water min.m=y,t=y,w=y
3. Log every thing I eat.m=y,t=y,w=y
4 post at least once a day.m=y ,t=y,w=y
Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

Earlier this evening we had a thunder storm. Everything is calm now but the humidity is unbearable. I was prowling the kitchen and decide to have a piece of chocolate. No harm done but it's still to hot to sleep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.