Notices

Started A diet with Calorie Calculation, need support

Old 08-21-2013, 07:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default Started A diet with Calorie Calculation, need support

I started a diet on 14 August, doing Calorie calculations, so my diet is based on calories.
My Weight on 14 August was 159.1 Kg , i went to websites and to this site to check how much calories i must eat every day, the calculation say that for my weight and my height 189 cm, the needed daily calories is about 3000 calories, that is also what FitDay site tell me, i decided to eat daily Max 1500 calories which is half of the needed.
In first 4 days i went down to 156.4 kg and now after 8 days i am still 156.4, so in last 4 days it stooped, maybe that is normal i don't know but i will continue.
My goal is to go down to 120 kg.
So in first 8 days i lost 2.70 kg.

I hope i will be able to come to my goal.

Start Weight 14 Aug ...............159.10 Kg
Current Weight ......................156.40 Kg
Goal Weight...........................120.00 Kg
Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default dropping weight

I know it sounds crazy but loose weight you have to eat. If you exercise you will burn more calories than your bmr calculation. This is a rough estimate of how many calories you burn in 24 hours not the be all. Everyone is different on how many calories they burn. I eat every 3 to 4 hours at the minimum to keep sugar level so when I do eat I don't eat to fullness but rather satisfaction there is a huge difference in eating what you need and what you think you need. The key is to figure out what you need in calories. So If you track your foods everyday and you have a base say of 13,500 calories a week which is 3500 a day and you don't lose or gain any weight than that is the amount of calories you burn everyday. However if you gain say one pound then you are overeating 3500 calories in a week or 500 a day. Depending on what the scale looks like at the end of the week will help you determine your individual caloric needs. So If you lose half a pound then you know that you burn about 3250 on average a day. If you want to lose more you need per pound a 3500 calorie deficit per week to lose on average one pound per week. If you cut to many calories your body will go into starvation mode and you won't lose anything irregardless of you caloric intake. Its a balance you have to find between your caloric needs to lose weight and your caloric needs to not. Once again to drastic a change will only put your body in starvation mode and no matter how many calories you cut you won't lose anything except valuable muscle which helps you burn more than fat.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know, but 1500 seems very low. I would ask a health care professional before going on any diet. THere may be medical reasons to be careful. FitDay is here for information, support and logging tools and does not replace the advice of a health care provider. Are you drinking water? A health care provider also will advise you on how much water to drink per day.
Good luck. We are here for you. See a health care provider and stick with it!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with savealotman1 for the most part, but still recommend seeing some kind of professional first. Sustainable ways of eating will work in the long run.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, your under eating and your body stores fat while burning up muscle instead.....not good. Get a base intake, I think 3000 is off but get a starting point. Track your weight. If you gain then drop 200cal or so, and continue doing so until you find what works.

Im only 5'7" and my maintenance is at 2400cal so that gives you a idea of how low 1500cal is. But, I do lift weights.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

I talked to my Doctor about my diet and he asked me if I had thought about the Dash diet. I did my research and so I am following the Dash diet. I have the book Dash diet for dummies. in the book it helps you to get your Basal metabolic rate by this formula Weight X 10 if sedentary or 15 if highly active this gives your your BMR. this is the calories you burn during the day. reduce this number by 500 to lose a pound a week I reduced mine by 1000 for 2 lbs a week. Mine is 195 lbsx15activity rate=2925 BMR-1000cal=1925 calories I can eat per day to lose 2 lbs a week to reach my goal weight. pretty simple to figure out. just depends on how active you are. 10 for sedentary or 15 for active. Really easy stuff. I recommend this book as it can help in any life's style there is. Also talk to a certified Licensed Dietitian they can be a great asset to your health.
Also you can find out more at www.dummies.com/extras/dashdiet plus do your research on www.FitDay

Last edited by JCoombs1972; 07-19-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default BMR Caloric intake.

I did the math on a person who weighs in at 159kg the intake for a person at that weight should be eating roughly 2000 calories instead of 1500 calories. That being said though that person should set their weight goal to a realistic weight goal then ajust their caloric intake to the weight goal then reach for the new weight so this way they can achieve the weight. Then repeat the process for the new weight goal after they have reached their first weight goal.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:08 PM
FitDay Member

You definitely are under eating and i guess you should not starve. starving will make your body weak and fragile.
Please eat and show this diet to a nutritionist and a doctor, make sure you dont over do your diet.
I write fitness blogs do have a look.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-07-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: removed link