Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
What's the best diet out there? >

What's the best diet out there?

Community
Notices

What's the best diet out there?

Old 01-17-2010, 01:38 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I really like Dr. Gott's no-flour/no-sugar "diet". It's really just that simple...nothing in the ingredient list should show "flour" (of any sort!) and no sugar (as ingredient, not as part of the food, like sugar in apples or something like that is OK). End up eating a lot of whole/non-processed foods, which is VERY healthy
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Costellolori, I have the same problems myself. What are you trying?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

I am using FitDay to track my progress on the Body For Life guidelines. My fat loss goal is 40 pounds in 12 weeks. Started January 4th at 239 and am presentely about 228. I need a 3.3 lb reduction per week, which I think is realistically achievable. Combining healthly eating in 5-6 daily meals, controlling portion size, eliminating unhealthy fats and resistance training is the process I'm following. Wishing everyone a successful and prosperous year!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-03-2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Link removed
Old 01-18-2010, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

The best diet in terms of weight loss and health benefits for me is definatly a mostly raw vegan diet focused on fresh vegtables , fruits, and raw nuts. I also include some tofu and spirulina for added protien. It is a simple diet which requires very little food preparation and cooking and its packed full of nutrients. I have lost 20 pounds on this diet as well as eliminated all of my irritable bowel symtoms.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

I've been basing my food intake on the Mediterranean Diet since March '09.
I've lost close to 50lbs. and changed my pre-diabetes condition into a non-diabetes condition.
Self control on portion size was the hardest to get used to.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to know about this diet, thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

jessjm256, I'm with you. Low carb is the only diet for me. I have a HUGE sweet tooth and this is the only diet that stops my sugar cravings and, surprisingly, most of my junk food cravings. I feel full or just not hungry most of the time. Lots of water is key to flush the system.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hi!
I have lost weight on the FatLoss4Idiot diet plan..They call it that because it really is 'idiot proof' the NICE part about it is no big meals to have to plan to cook up, walk if you like (it is preferred) for exercise, results you feel/see by the 2nd at MOST 3rd day and you make your own menu of the food you like..They have a check list that you pick at least 7 foods from each column (there are 2 columns) it is nuts, fruit, veggies, scrambled eggs, cheese, yogurt dessert, fish, sausage, bacon, milk, bananna shake, chicken, turkey, ect...and then it generates what foods you need to eat on that day and you can even mix up meal 1 of that day with meal 4 and usually you have 2-3 things to eat per meal and you are to eat until you are satisfied, not full, but satisfied...This is really easy actually, when you 'think' you've had enough to eat just stand up and your stomach WILL tell you if you are done or if you overdid it...You literally lose 9 pounds in 11 days!! There is a whole blog that has currently 8XX comments of people that do this and how much they lose per cycle..it is Crazy to lose that much and keep it off , but it WORKS and so this diet is for me! People say, that is losing too fast that you'll gain back right away...NOT true because it is really food that 'should' be eaten on a daily basis and it is all healthy.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AngWad
I follow my own 'diet' (I don't like the word diet) - so I call it my AEP (stands for Angela's Eating Plan). IT WORKS!!

On July 31, 2004, I weighed 160 lbs. By January 2005, I weighed 120 lbs. I lost 40 lbs on my eating plan! No gimmicks or tricks, it's cheap (you buy your own foods at the grocery store) and it works very well.

If anyone is interested in getting a copy let me know, I will share it with anyone. So far, out of the 3 friends who have tried it, one stuck to it and lost her baby weight in 4 months, the other started it but got pregnant and had to quit, and the 3rd is starting it now. My pregnant friend is going to start it as soon as she has her baby!
Hi angela! I would love to get a copy of your AEP. please email me at [email protected]
Thanks in advance.
Tess
Old 01-31-2010, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hey there - the Mediterranean diet interest me also but there is so much fish and it is so expensive here - halibut and sea bass over 20$ a pound. I do have haddock and salmon always on hand but need to get more variety and not that much experience with fish. Any hints

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.