Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 20 - Stay Strong!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
For company, I brown the butter so it has that nice, nutty flavor and then add soy sauce and balsamic. It is so good, I could eat that all day on its own. (Ratio of about 2 tbs butter, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tbs balsamic)
I am definitely trying this! Only a dab of course Way to go Carolyn on meeting your goal. You must be feeling terrific.

Ian.........what a turn around I guess rolling averages are going to really work for you this week!

It is heavy rain here and will be for 3 days.........glad I met all my workout goals already for the week!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default asparagus, brusselsprouts, fiddleheads

I am going to try them with olive oil and garlic. Oh yum. Green tea with lemon and ice will be great this summer. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

TGIF everyone!!!

Originally Posted by carolynnq
... I don't have a particular weight in mind - I just don't want to be able to grab handfuls of fat at my waist and belly.
That's how I'm looking at it, too, Carolynn. The 75 pounds will get me in the range, but once I get closer, I'll be re-evaluating. Ultimately, in addition to the standard health blahblah, I'm looking for what I can see, not necessarily a number. I want to see collarbones and hipbones. I want to see shoulders that don't have canals dug into them. I want to see those little knobs on the outsides my wrists (I used to know what they are called but I haven't seen them in so long, I forgot).

Originally Posted by Robingen
... It is heavy rain here and will be for 3 days.........glad I met all my workout goals already for the week!
Woot woot for making all your workout goals, Robin!

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 2000ml water per day: 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1319, 1349, 1372, 1392
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 903, 876, 886, 907
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 23, 23, 22, 21
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: M=Tai Chi/Yoga, T=Taiko Class, W=Tai Chi, Th=Yoga Class ---- (4/4)
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes

I must say, using rolling averages has been a big help to me this time round. Before, having a "bad" day, or a "bad weekend" would cause me to jettison the whole project ("Bah, I'll start over Monday" -- then "Monday" would become "Next Month" and so on...). So far, this time, I'm more able to snap back. I think it's because I'm looking at a bigger picture. It just feels right. So far...

Let's make it a Fabulous Friday, everyone!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Healthy diet - M:yes?; T:ish until popcorn oh and some M and Ms, W: trash day yes
2) cut out stress eating - hahahahaha yes
3) more water - ??? yes
4) stretch daily as much as I can stand - ? no, no yes
5) don't be a baby - ahahahahahaha yes

Back on track!!!

Epixi, I love how you make the weekly averages work for you.

Robin, I think it's fabulous you met your workout goals!

Carolynn, I think it's great you met your first goal.

Ian, you seem to be doing well: I hope you're happy with your progress and NOT like Pagliacci lol.

Lilbits, let us know how you like those things if you try `em.

Last edited by canary52; 05-24-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs/

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1218, 1266, 890, 1413
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 65, 95, 48, 117
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 2, 6, 0
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54, 53, 42, 66
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 53, 59, 35, 37
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 10, 60, 10
Twelve hundred french calories. My 'comfort' food: Chocolate Croissant, Croque Monsieur, & Batard. No veggies.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Well, no walking this week - rain, rain and more rain!
I have to go out & dump the water from my pots, poor plants are drowning!

I've been struggling to keep my calories in check as well - been in the 1700s and 1800s this week

I'm going to try a couple new Nutriblast recipes. I'm finding at first the green stuff tastes OK but after a few days of it it starts to not want to go down too easy LOL Maybe I'm just trying too much green?

Glad to see most everyone has had a good week! TGIF
Have a wonderful weekend everyone
Old 05-24-2013, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hope - ***Focus has been on health rather than weight lately.*** That's wise. Health has to come first. Great job on your blue Thursday!

Robin - thanks for the info on fiddleheads - I won't nibble on any before cooking. Congrats on meeting your goals.

epixi - I never knew those wrist-knob things had a name - now I'll have to go look. Keep up with the blue - you're on a roll!

Jezzie - thanks for the update on the NutriBlast. Even though your calorie counts were higher than you were aiming for, at least they're still at a maintenance level and shouldn't push the scale upwards.

Donna - Do French calories count? I love Crocque Monsieurs. Here's a recipe for a quick Crocque Madame (I just leave the egg off). Two interesting things about it: 1) it uses Swiss cheese sprinkled with a splash of white wine - it does make it taste more Gruyere-like, and 2) it uses a sour cream-mustard sauce in place of the bechamel sauce. My husband and I both love it. The sauce has the same mouth feel as a richer sauce.

Quick Croque Madames Recipe : Melissa d'Arabian : Recipes : Food Network

1. Calories averaging under 1400 day 1322, 1207, 1285
2. 30-min extra movement a day Y, Y, Y , Y
3. No sugar, white flour N (pretzels got me). Y , Y, N (chocolate!)
Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Apparently, it's called the Ulnar Styloid Process.

I prefer "Little Wrist Knob" but whatever... I just want to see 'em again.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

You know what? I can't do this <1500! Next week I need to make more realistic goals

I'm going to change it to 2k and just make sure I workout at least everyday. Today I''m heading for another 3k day, it's just not sustainable for an entire week. As long as the exercise exceeds the calorie intake it will work out OK I reckon.

Even a small binge can change everything! It;s like being vigilant 100% of the time, I just can't handle it. Screw it, I will push myself to the limit (exercise wise) rather than not eat the food I need to!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iansteele
Even a small binge can change everything! It;s like being vigilant 100% of the time
We can't be vigilant 100% of the time. Because I have been diagnosed as diabetic I choose to look at it as a lifestyle habit as opposed to a "diet". I HAVE to eat healthy. I also have to keep an eye on sodium as well. At first I kept thinking "oh, I can't eat this and can't eat that" but after a while I adjusted.

Men can have more calories so it might be a good idea to up the calories a little if you are finding it hard. Are you someone who likes veggies?

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.