Community
Notices

Why don't people like this answer?

Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

I had a woman tell me she respects me because I am sticking to it so diligently.
I think that translates to: "Hey Chris... You are nuts!" LOL
Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Woman: I'm going to get that bariatric surgery.
ME: You know you might want to try the post surgery diet for a year before you make that decision and see if it's something you can stick to for the rest of your life.
Woman: OMG!!! No! Have you seen that diet? It's awful.
ME: Really? Well good luck with that.
That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! lol
Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rubystars
It's as if people WANT a complicated diet plan or "easy weight loss secret". Maybe from now on I should tell them to eat 3 avocados at every meal or something off the wall like that. I think I'd get more positive responses.
It's because we all know already that we should watch our calorie intake and output. Nobody wants to admit that they can't lost weight because they're too lazy to keep up with it. If you can tell them you did some weird plan, or had a trick, then they can tell themselves that if they had known your trick then they would have lost the weight also.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Spookycheeseofdoom
It's because we all know already that we should watch our calorie intake and output. Nobody wants to admit that they can't lost weight because they're too lazy to keep up with it. If you can tell them you did some weird plan, or had a trick, then they can tell themselves that if they had known your trick then they would have lost the weight also.
I think what makes things worse are all these diet plans now telling people how evil it is to count calories, when calories are what actually determines whether you lose weight or not. Then you've got these diet plans on tv saying "Everything you ever learned about weight loss is wrong". Then it shows people apparently chowing down on pizza to lose weight or something like that. So I think if people are gullible it's easy for them to get confused.

There's no real secret or special trick to weight loss beyond eating fewer calories and burning more calories.

There are ways to make that easier (eating fewer of the really good tasting foods we've been conditioned to crave and eating more vegetables for example). I'll be the first to admit that a plate of enchiladas tastes way better than a plate of vegetables but the first one isn't going to get me to my goals.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
If it's something complicated, people have an excuse not to do it.

If it's easy and you choose not to, there's no excuse and you have to take a long, hard look at yourself and ask why you aren't doing it.

It's hard to take that long, hard look sometimes.
Not that I disagree, but... I also reply to these questions just like Ruby:

Originally Posted by Rubystars
I [..] count calories using fit day and tried to stay between 1200 and 1800 calories most days.
or I say I just make sure calories in are less than calories burned. If that doen't do the trick, I find the best response is always this:

It's simple, not easy.

So far, every one seems to get that.

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 02-10-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: P.S But we all know it's not quite that simple...