Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13 >

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Old 01-16-2013, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

ugggggg I tried several time to log on to the forums yesterday and every time I did, It logged me back up and sent me to my food journal.

Today has been not good. I went to the dentist and got my teef all clean and shiny, then I dirtied them up with king cake.

The good thing is that after listen to a certain someone give his speech on TV I think I've lost my appetite, so maybe I can turn this day around.

I guess I need to run up to Academy and try to find some running shoes. I have my 1/2 marathon around the corner and I'm at mile zero.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
ugggggg I tried several time to log on to the forums yesterday and every time I did, It logged me back up and sent me to my food journal
I'm having the same problem, since yesterday. Clearing the cache works, but doing it every time I want to log on is a pain. I sent a PM about it.

Oh, and spit out those crumbs, lace up those sneaks and get back on the wagon, bucko!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Update

1-log in and post everyday (M-F)--yes, yes
2-must drink water--better, still not where I need to be, getting there
3-treadmill, get on it and walk dammit--no, yes

Will check in again later.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I had a devil of a time on FitDay yesterday. I'd log in and every time I went to the forums it logged me off. It happened over and over and over, so I gave up and then tried again about an hour later and got my post in. King cake teeth, eh? LOL Good for you on starting to prepare for that half marathon.

Tori, nice Tuesday update! Way to go!

Quinn, your dinner certainly did sound yummy. There's a restaurant near me that makes a sweet potato casserole with cinnamon and sugar and it is sooooo yummy, but soooo taboo for me now. Cod is my favorite fish and I certainly can enjoy fruit and yogurt.

Robin, that's so true--if I don't like the exercise, I just don't have the fortitude to do it at all. The Y does have yoga for seniors, but I don't do it. That's great that you enjoy snowshoing. That must burn a lot of calories!

Joanna, nice report for Monday and Tuesday!

Nyda, I'm glad you're feeling better. Shoveling snow in a balmy 3 degrees! Wow! 8 degrees must feel like a heat wave! Thanks--yes, water does help drain water retention--I know it, but don't practice that enough.

Donna, you ought to see a vast improvement in your next blood cholesterol test. Are you leaning toward vegetarian?

Cassie, so nice to read that you got some extra sleep in. Lord knows you need it!

Jenn, kudos on staying in your carb and protein limit. You're getting close to your fruit and veggie goal! Well, kudos on your clean kitchen. Aw, enjoy your coffee with your friend Saturday.

Caty, I had to chuckle on your newly-found muscles. Ah, grandkids are great. We've got seven of them plus 2 great-grandkids. We have a college student granddaughter living with us. Her mother lives only four miles away and we invited granddaughter to come live with us so we could transport her back and forth to her part time job so she could save up for a used car for college. (No public transportation access where we live.) She saved up for a car, but then decided she liked her bigger bedroom and more privacy here, so she decided to stay. But we also supervise her three siblings before and after school five days a week so she sees her family almost daily. The grandkids certainly help keep us active.

Ama, hi! Kudos on that superb Tuesday report! I hope you enjoy the lasagna. My DH enjoyed it so much that he had a second helping.

Last edited by Mern; 01-16-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

My web surfing finally yielded a plan I decided is sensible enough for me to follow to help speed up my metabolism while still keeping my blood sugar and cholesterol normal through diet alone. I'm going to try the 21 Day Metabolism Makeover which is part of the Food Lovers Fat Loss System. There are three versions and the one I chose fits into my existing carb and protein goals with protein as the centerpiece of the fat loss plate, accompanied by low carb fruits and veggies and limited healthy fats. The difference is in how the proteins and carbs are combined and how the meals/snacks are spaced. But the cost of the system is more than I want to pay, so since the metabolism makeover is just 21 days, I'll see what I can do with the info I was able to compile for free from online sources.

I'm still going to web surf more to see what additional free info I can find, but for now I'll start with this and see how it goes:

Eat three meals (or more small meals) and snacks every 2-3 hours. Last snack finished at least one hour before bedtime but no more than 2 hours.
--Calorie minimum 1200
--Net carb limit 25g
--Fiber minimum 25g
--Keep my cholesterol under 250mg per day
--One protein and three low carbs per meal and beginning with day 6 also protein with each snack.
--Snack first 5 days is one portion of a whole food (such as an apple which is too high carb for me, but I can find something else easily) or any food that doesn't exceed 150-250 calories (no problem there)
--Stay low total fat- 17.5g limit per meal.
--Water supposed to be TWELVE 8 oz. glasses per day, but LOL that ain't gonna happen. My goal is still 64 oz.

Last edited by Mern; 01-17-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

HAHAHa, Mern! Me, lean toward vegetarianism? I'm cooking a chuck roast for dinner and planning to help eat it. So I don't think so. Just trying to diversify my diet toward more healthy items.

But honestly, thanks for waking me up in advance to the fact that Chuck is likely a Very High cholesterol item. I should go look up how much I can eat. Oops, I better watch out on that 'No Obsessing' Goal too...

- Donna
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Donna, LOL on the chuck roast. I got all excited early this morning when I thought my local public library had a metabolism boosting book I could borrow for free. Its the 21-DAY WEIGHT LOSS KICKSTART. It looked great online, but after I borrowed it I found it's a plant based book that poo-poos meat and dairy. I don't want that kind of eating lifestyle. I'm not willing to give up my moo. I enjoy chuck roast from time to time--yeah, it's a little higher in cholesterol, but one can go for sensible averages and sensible portion sizes. Enjoy it!

I did find a different program, though, that'll be easier for me to follow and I can still have meat and dairy.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, I'm so glad you found a program that you like. I know how frustrated you were.
Wishing you well on the plan!
For myself I have to modify most diets because they have you eat protein at every meal.

Jenn
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

For today:
1.) Less than or around 1400 calories/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y
2.) Follow C25k program: M - Y, T - off, W - off (sort of - I'm reorganizing my workout routine, but I did exercise!)
3.) Walk to car at least x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y
4.) Drink 64 oz. water/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - I think so
5.) Figure out basal rates (pronto): Okay, I think I got this, but we'll see tomorrow for sure.

Mern, seems like your new plan covers all the bases - I hope it works!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Still problems logging in yesterday, but I'm still on plan and hitting my goals. I'm headed out for a long day across town and hoping to make it home before the dreaded "wintry mix;" hopefully I can get on tonight and catch up my goal posting! Hope you all have a wonderful day .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.