Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Krystal!

Congrats on living a pescetarian lifestyle! That's cool. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but if I lived in a more coastal area, I would love it! My eating habits didn't originally come from health or political reasons... I just never liked meat, especially red meat. I was always the kid picking the meat off of my sandwich or pizza and feeding the dog under the table until I finally decided to do without. lol

I told my doctor at my last appointment that I couldn't claim to be a vegetarian because I want to reserve the right to swing through McDonald's every once in a while for a greasy burger (...which I usually pay for for a couple of days. )
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Canary! It's been a good day (so far, within calories!). Hope you're doing just as well with your day

Quinnesec, love your icon -- I have a few of my own to add to the karma-missed-it list! And a few karma gratitudes (I've recently heard from TWO 10-years-+-past exes who bent my heart, and I gladly told them I'm happy, loved, married, and moved-on while they remain alone and unhappy) -- it's every girl's dream. Thanks, karma!

In terms of goals, I didn't walk to the new gym, as I had hoped, but drove. STILL, I did register! Woohoo! And I helped a friend for 3 hours, moving about, sending FedEx packages and such. No heart rate bump, but a nice endurance bump. And I'm here, checking in, which was another goal. Woo!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, that's really funny how you want to "reserve your right for a greasy burger" :P LOL

Actually, I'm about one year into my lifestyle change. A lot has happened to me in the past year, and as I was originally a lover of red meat - I was a steak and potatoes kid growing up whenever I could get it! - I just lost interest in the taste of it. So I decided it was time for a change. But, I just couldn't give up those fish! Lobster, clams, scallops, shrimp, salmon, AH! All sooo yummy But it is very limited with most of the bottom feeders. I want to try to have fish at least once, if not twice, a week for the omega-3 fatty acids.

Glad someone else here understands the vegetarian lifestyle though!!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, had to post for today because I'm super happy with how well I've done! (Keeping it under 1900 did not looking good because my brother baked a cake for our December month employees. Chocolate and peanut butter cake with chocolate and peanut butter frosting?? I couldn't resist a slice!)

Okay, onto the goals! This week is starting on the right track

1) Keep calories under 1900/day: Y
2) Walk with dog at least five days: N
3) Work out at least three days:Y
4) Stretch: Y
5) Meditate before bed:
6) Stay Positive!: Y
7) Work on Christmas gifts:
Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome, 4Jim!

Glad that you'll be joining us! Ah, yes... Karma is my friend. I'm a non-confrontational, quiet, nurturer who has enlisted the help of Karma to do my "dirty work" for years and she has never let me down. Glad to hear that your life is in a great place right now. Mind, body, soul, healthy eating, healthy mind... it's all so intertwined, isn't it? There are several of us here who have been at this for several years, but take a "leave of absence" every so often (as I have recently). But, luckily, we make our way back to our friends who share our love/hate relationship with food. Lately, I've been loving it a bit too much. lol

Speaking of friends, where's Mr. Sonic?? lol Sure! He drags me back from my face stuffing only to disappear! Hey, Mister... If my butt has to climb back on the wagon, I'm dragging yours with!!

Last edited by quinnesec; 12-10-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

1. Calories under 1100/day. Yes
2. Weigh in daily. Yes
3. No mindless eating. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Be proud of every, single thing that I eat. Yes
6. Have a happy, grateful attitude. If that means bagging some long-time traditions that the family expects, so be it. "If Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy..." lol. Yes
Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

1. Check in daily. Yes
2. Log everything. Yes
3. Exercise when I can. That was not today.
4. Get on the scale by the end of the week. I will
5. Make smart, clean food choices (aka spend calories wisely). Yes

Well, I had success with baking today; I didn't delve into holiday stuff, but to use up the ricotta and keep the boys happy while working on their project, I did the cookies I posted above, tasted one small one, and really had no desire for more. Maybe the protein in them from the cheese kept the carbs from slamming in too quickly and causing cravings? We had homemade soup for dinner (made biscuits for the guys and passed on those, too), no processed foods; today was a win food-wise.

Congrats to all on what looks to be a good start to the week. Welcome to our group, 4Jim. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl
I'm in for this week!

Hope - Welcome back! We missed you last week

Quinn - I'm a pescetarian, so I know what you mean about being able to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. But I definitely need to cut back on the breads and pasta

Let's go for a good goal week! Time off before my next two grad classes, so it'll be the perfect time to get a work out regimen.

1) Keep calories under 1900/day
2) Walk with dog at least five days
3) Work out at least three days
4) Stretch
5) Meditate before bed
6) Stay Positive!
7) Work on Christmas gifts

I hope everyone has a great week! And welcome to you 4Jim!
Thanks for noticing (me being gone.) I wish I could maintain a pescetarian (love that word) or vegetarian lifetstyle but for health reasons, low carb works best for me and I get bored easily. And am frankly lazy about vegetables. Yeah I said it. I am lazy about veggies, cutting them up, cooking em, etc, even peeling a cuke. I like veggies I do but I am alas an omnivore and a recovering carboholic (and if sugar isn't a drug, I don't know what is. I recently saw a bumper sticker that said Sugar: The Gateway Drug.)

Quinn, I love your icon too. I am not quiet, nonconfrontational, etc but I still invoke Karma. And where IS Mike? If he doesn't come back at the request of his bud "Quinnie-poo" then IDK what's up.

Cassie, glad the subpoena is NOT salacious. You always have so much on your plate (pardon the pun because actually you have less on your food plate than some...)

4Jim so glad your day was a good one. Mine not so much but as that cheerful little singing orphan said: Tommorow tomorrow I love ya tomorrow...
Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Just an update, for those who responded a few weeks back, I think we will be creating a new section for our thread, so as not to confine it to the Women's Corner. We can all use motivation, male and female alike, but want to preserve the Women's Forum in the event that new and existing members don't feel awkward if wanting to post something just for the ladies.

Once the IT folks get that new section set up, we'll be sure to let you know where to find it .
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Donna, the ghost strikes again. I've been up for a while, can't sleep. I just head (about 3:50am) what sounds to be a faint scream (more like an "ahhhhh") from a female in the living room... I don't have any plans on getting up to check it out.

The part that gets me is the only other voice I've ever heard was a males voice. My mom passed away in my house (it use to be hers), but I can't really say that I've thought she was here. The crazy thing is that I often get a "feeling" that a young girl is staring at me, standing on side of my bed, while I sleep. Never actually seen, heard or felt her so I always chalked it up as being my imagination.

Around 1:00am Mytsie was looking at my bedroom door growling.

I did get up to eat about an hour and a half ago, no pb&j, just pop tarts

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-10-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.