Notices

2012 is the year of change - from 330 to 220

Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default update

An update -- over the past few weeks i let it slip a bit in terms of diet and excercising (enjoyed august!), but now i'm back on the wagon and working on getting back to eating well and excercising regualry. I think i paid for it -- i'm up about 5 pounds or so.

With that said, I'm still seeing a personal trainer once a week, and debating on upping it to 2x a week for the rest of the year.

I figure at this rate, i'll hit around 275 by the end of the year (for a total loss of 50+ pounds!)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by thinkdavis
An update -- over the past few weeks i let it slip a bit in terms of diet and excercising (enjoyed august!), but now i'm back on the wagon and working on getting back to eating well and excercising regualry. I think i paid for it -- i'm up about 5 pounds or so.

With that said, I'm still seeing a personal trainer once a week, and debating on upping it to 2x a week for the rest of the year.

I figure at this rate, i'll hit around 275 by the end of the year (for a total loss of 50+ pounds!)
I've never used a personal trainer, if money isn't an issue go for it. I would personally try to learn as much as possible (if it's a good trainer that know their butt from a hole in the ground) and apply it on other days without them there. If it's someone pushing you that you need, try to find a partner.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Exclamation Update - Oct

Hey there -- been a while, so I thought i'd post an update. I've now done about 20 sessions with a personal trainer, and have noticed my endurance, balance, and strength has increased by a fair bit. I'm no longer dying after 10 minutes of solid workout.

I've also been losing weight -- though not as fast as I'd like -- and am sitting around 305lbs (down from 333 in January, but up a few pounds from the last couple of months). I'm happy with that, but have not seen much weight loss in the past couple of months. And to be honest, it's mostly been me -- I've been less focused on what I'm eating. I'm re-focusing for the home stretch of the year. But with that said, clothing is fitting better so I think I'm gaining muscle in the mean time.

I looked at my goals I set in January, and I am going to be off by a fair bit -- but I figure its better to aim high and miss, then never to take the chance.

With 2.5 months left of the year, I'm going to try to get to around 280lbs (25 more pounds to lose). In total this would be more than 50 pounds in one year, which I would chalk up to be a win.

I'm going to keep up with the personal trainer, and refocus getting active outside of that (2-3 solid workouts/week) and then refocus how I eat during the day. I want to (once again) get to 300lbs, and stay under it -- only a few pounds to go!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

An update -- i've been floating around the 300 mark for the last little while, but have been noticeably getting stronger and thinner. I'm trying to up my game for the rest of the year, and end the year around 50lbs lost -- it's going to be a bit of a stretch now, as i'll have to lose 17lbs in about 7 weeks. It's a lot, but may as well aim high!

My big issue has been around work, and how many hours I've put in (and subsequently not exercising and eating crap fast food). For the rest of the year, I'm going to be focused on eating better all the time, and avoiding my crutches in life (eg: energy drinks and chips/etc).

Wish me luck!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:40 PM
FitDay Member

great job Wildbeanerz, You are a beautiful lady!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thinkdavis, Thank you for the updates. Its just real! I too am on the same track with you. I'm down 26 pounds but have 74 more to reach my goal. I set a 1 year goal and a 100 pound loss is the target. I'm eating strickly Paleo and it seems to be working for me. I have been as high as 413 and this is the first program that seems to "flo" with my body instead of always fighting against it, It has been easy so far and a program I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. Keep up the good work and keep up the updates.Thanks