Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Default Feeling out of sorts...is this normal

I have been a little down, almost depressed today and i don't know why. I was feeling great since I started this journey and it seems almost over night my high turned into low. Im not even excited about thanksgiving and that is just not me. Im wondering if it has anything to do with adding chicken back into my diet after a 90% plant based diet for almost 4wks. Maybe im just over thinking my meals and it's starting to take it's toll, and with the holidays coming up im worried that I will regress and lose all momentum. So frustrating, I feel like I'm letting this weight loss goal consume my life. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Well it feels like it has been a looooonng time since I've been on this thread and I still have the same stinkin weight to lose. Not to be morbid but I feel like my tombstone will read: But wait she had just ten more pounds to go....

Chris I like your egg whites plan: it's the leftovers that get me. Everything just tastes better the day or days after...

Becca, I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are on the mend. Hope your dicomfort eases soon.

Soutsamone, are you food sensitive? I know I am so food affects my mood and how I feel a lot. But also ask yourself if there is other stuff going on in your life. The holidays and this time of year can bring on stress (and for some people SAD.)

Pam, hi. Yep I'm here. Gained three pounds, lost five, gained two back, I'm sure you're getting the idea of my little roller coaster ride.... How have you been?

Hi everyone! Good luck on Thanksgiving!!!

Last edited by canary52; 11-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Banned

Hi Hope...thanks!!
Glad to see you back we missed you!.....yep the holidays is gonna be
tough for me...BUT.... i have to enjoy myself

Originally Posted by canary52
Well it feels like it has been a looooonng time since I've been on this thread and I still have the same stinkin weight to lose. Not to be morbid but I feel like my tombstone will read: But wait she had just ten more pounds to go....

Chris I like your egg whites plan: it's the leftovers that get me. Everything just tastes better the day or days after...

Becca, I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are on the mend. Hope your dicomfort eases soon.

Soutsamone, are you food sensitive? I know I am so food affects my mood and how I feel a lot. But also ask yourself if there is other stuff going on in your life. The holidays and this time of year can bring on stress (and for some people SAD.)

Pam, hi. Yep I'm here. Gained three pounds, lost five, gained two back, I'm sure you're getting the idea of my little roller coaster ride.... How have you been?

Hi everyone! Good luck on Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default " food sensitive"

Hope - thanks for pointing out the food sensitivity, I never looked at it that way or even knew to. I'm learning a lot about my body through food, especially when I eat clean I feel so good and any alteration to that causes things to change. I guess I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the holidays coming up....my inlaws are coming over for thanksgiving and they are diehard foodies, the pressure is on to cook a feast while trying to not over indulge.

I will be paying close attention to everything I eat and to see which foods are causing my moods to change. Thank you again for all the support everyone!

-Sue
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Dont give up, Soutsamone, we're all struggling, some days we just are better at it than others! I gained a pound again this past week, now back up to 143... Im thinking I will hover here forever. I will not let Thanksgiving get me, I promise you all that!

Hang in there ladies!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Chris- you're sooo close to your goal, that is great! I'm trying to push through...feeling better today. I'm retaining a lot of water, I can feel it in my joints, hands and feet and back. I think I'm pms-ing but its a little early in the month so I didn't even think to associate all the symptoms im having until yesterday....the cravings are so bad right now! I wonder if our body is just happy at a certain weight and that's why it's so hard to break through the plateau. Is it possible to maintain our goal weight without "dieting" forever? Im afraid to step on the scale in the a.m.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weigh in we'd

Hi everyone, I'm up 2 lbs..113.5. Im hoping it just water weight. Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving! Good luck on your weigh in today.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Banned

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Happy Thanksgiving to all my buddies

I hope everyone will take a little time today to be grateful for all the gifts nature has provided us... even the ups and downs. As someone once pointed out, you can't know joy unless you have experienced a little sorrow.

Indulge a little, laugh a lot, and let the worries go today. They will still be there tomorrow .

Peace and joy everyone
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

survived my holiday weekend, and did put on 1.5 punds... now 143.5. I did not eat pie for my breakfasts, and thoroughly enjoyed my egg whites very much! But I must admit I did also enjoy a little too much dining out while shopping and had a couple of desserts that I normally would avoid had it not been Thanksgiving. Made decent choices, but never the same had I just stayed home and tracked my meals as usual. So I knew there would be a slight gain.

So back on track again today... no worries at all, folks! Focusing on positive - People who havent seen me in awhile noticed that I've done a great job in 2011 in getting torwards my goal. When I tell them I am only a couple pounds away they were genuinely happy for me, and I know that NOW I MUST DO THIS! Really, this is MY journey, MY goal, MY work to do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.