Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 4/20/2010

Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie and Quinn, Congratulations for the great job maintaining!!! Quinn, glad you are able to get out there and be active doing what you love. Cassie, way to go with those biceps. The more muscle, the higher your metabolism and, like Mambo said, muscle changes shape!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-- I had a pretty good week...down to 133, and my stats are 35/26.5/35.5 and thighs 18. I'm wearing stuff I never thought I'd get into. So if I can just keep this up! I am soooo glad to have cracked the plateau of 134-I know it's kind of something only you all could understand, so thanks for being there for me and believing in me! The change up to more protein and less carbs, and just changing what I eat in general, really worked for me. I drink lots of V-8 juice! Toolarge (you should change your name to toobeautiful) Yes there is a lot of sugar in fruit....maybe you are really thirsty? Maybe try some fruit juice cut with water....just an idea.... or maybe just a TON of celery sticks and carrot sticks in the fridge to munch on? I make dip with 3/4 nonfat yogurt and 1/4 lite ranch dressing, with some spices in it. I like a bag of iceberg lettuce too. Maybe it's about just eating something! I'm off to pluck snails off the plants-- rain again last night! Have a lovely day and week everyone; you inspire me! Grandma Sharon
Old 04-20-2010, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Came back to read through everyone's posts and just had to say how proud I am to be part of such a wonderful on line community! You're all awesome and doing such a great job, not only with your own progress, but helping all of the others "up and over the wall", too. Thanks so much for your continued support and great advice. Together, week by week, we will all reach our goals and maybe, just maybe, be able to maintain this healthy lifestyle. No more going back to my "Chubette" clothes! In fact, I just took most of them to Goodwill. lol Time to start a new, fresh week!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Grandma sharon, thanks for the advice! i think you may be right about just being thirsty. I think I'm going to start making fruit smoothies to get some protein in and make my fruit fix more of an actual "meal". Also, i think I will leave the fruit for home and bring a ton of veggies to work. You are right about just needing to eat something...anything! BTW, if you really are a grandma, your measurements rock!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. I lost 1lb this week and Im kinda disappointed. I no what I did wrong. Last Friday, my son and I went to the zoo and then to Golden Corral (its his favorite resturant). I had da salad w/ lots of vegetables and low calorie dressing, but after that I had 3 chocolate chip cookies, which is my weakness. And to make matters worse, I didnt workout over the weekend. Oh, I feel horrible. So when I got on the scale I saw 1lbs lost and told myself, I will not cheat again. I will stick 2 my diet of of veggies, fruits, and lean meat.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Lucky, don't be too hard on yourself--you still lost a pound, and we learn as we go. Perfection is not required to reach your goal, just consistent effort and adjustments along the way. Glad you checked in with us today!

Sharon, way to go on those inches, lady!