Notices

how to measure success?

Old 08-14-2012, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Bo! That is awesome! That is really the overall goal anyway. To increase your health and decrease your body size. The decreasing size is just a side effect of the increased health. Keep on pushing forward buddy! You got this!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by botoepfer
...Not sure whats up with the LDL...
Bo

FYI LDL is the bad cholesterol, you want it to go down, not up. HDL is the good cholesterol, it is what keeps your blood sugars down, and what helps clean plaque from your arteries... The Dr.s would probably like to see your HDL to be over 100. The HDL and LDL are linked, so when one goes up, the other goes down. I'm not sure if you have added more meat, eggs or dairy products to your menu since your previous blood work, but that would be something to look into.

Awsome job, Keep up the good work

Last edited by 4.a.healthier.me; 08-24-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: correcting information
Old 08-24-2012, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi folks two things ! number one I have been away from FD for the last week and number two, this is the first week I show a gain ! Hmm ya think the two are related? I do,,
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi folks two things ! number one I have been away from FD for the last week and number two, this is the first week I show a gain ! Hmm ya think the two are related? I do,,
Hmmmm, maybe you don't wanna try that experiment again!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default You will do it !!

this is a general mind set question, having so much to loose I thought for me , my goals have to be realistic , measurable and atainable, this is not new!, so I am looking at my journey in small steps/ blocks of weight gone, so at having 185# to loose should I make my goals TEN steps of 18.5 or EIGHTTEEN steps of 10?? please post up, this is very important to me !

Thanks
First of all, congratulations that you have lost this amount of weight in the past. This only proves that you can indeed do it. I think your idea of breaking it down to 18 steps of ten pounds is GREAT. This may be goofy, but I found wearing tight clothing helps me to remember throughout the day that I want to lose weight and therefore helps me to be mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth
Good luck !!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Appreciate the Moment

Hi and congratulations on committing to taking good care of yourself. Losing weight is great, but it's the last positive thing that happens when you eat well and exercise. When you eat things that fuel your body, doen't it feel great (instead of feeling bloated, lethargic or uncomfortable)? When you work up a good sweat and get those endorphins going, it feels fabulous. How about sleeping well, having a sharper mind, a higher energy level and clear, radiant skin? I do best when I pay attention to the immediate results of healthy habits and look on weight loss as the extra benefit.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks I have not been here for awhile, but still fighting this disease !,, thanks for all of your help and support !

Bo
Old 09-18-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I did the same thing last week - "too busy" to log on FitDay, for several days, and first week in which the week's avg. weight was higher than previous one. I also had two all-day meetings in which I didn't get to control the food offered, and ate things not on my eating plan (although in moderation, or the week's results would have been worse). All related, I think - the logging keeps me disciplined.