Notices

Optifast - giving it a try

Old 08-22-2012, 06:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Optifast - giving it a try

Tonight was my second meeting and second weigh in. I lost 1 lb. I was hoping for more but I'll take the pound.

One thing I did different was to cut a few more calories thinking I would lose more weight. Instead of 1250 calories per day (which they recommend) I was consuming about 900 caleries per day. It appears that didn't work. What I was told tonight was that because my calories were so low my metabolism slowed down. The Leader encouraged me to consume 1250 calories per day (3 Optifast products per day plus a regular low fat meal with a total of 1250 cal per day).

This week I'll go back to consuming 1250 calories a day and see if the loss picks up. I'm not hungry on this diet and I think the shakes and bars taste good.

So far so good
Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I did the same thing my second week, I cut my calories thinking i would loose more weight. I anoly lost 1 pound also. My third week weigh-in was last Friday(Today is Monday) I lost 4 pounds. I consumed all my calories last week and lost more weight!!!
It's weird to try to change our thinking that if we eat more (small meals throughout the day) we loose more. It is hard for me to get my mind around!!!! Keep up the great work and let me know how week 3 goes!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Feeling good today....The holiday weekend was difficult with a huge family BBQ at our house. The good thing was that I was so busy waiting on people and talking to people that I was not able to get in all my calories for the day. But I did have 10 tortilla chips with about 2 TBS yummy guacamole ( did I spell that right?). But now it's Tuesday and all is back to so called "normal" My son is back to school and my hubby is out of town till Thurs p.m.. I am going to try to get to the gym today (yuck). The weird part is I hate to go but after I feel great, go figure!
Liz are you still out there?? How are you doing? We started this diet pretty much at the same time and are kind of doing the same thing. Would love to see a post from ya!!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Weighed-in on Friday I only lost 2 pounds but I will keep chugging along!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hey .. I'm back. Nice to see posts from you krms. Congrats on the continual weight loss!

I've been crazy busy and haven't gotten to post anything. But I'm over a month in the program and finally cracked losing 10 lbs. I guess I was expecting it to come off faster as it seems I've drastically cut down on my food intake and moved to a low fat diet. But I'll be happy with the 10 lbs. I keep going to my Optifast meetings and the support is fantastic! They tell me I'm on target with losing about 1 lb / week. So like you said, krms, I'll keep plugging along too.

I have noticed that my clothes are a Lot loser! So that's great! I think I'm losing inches quicker than pounds.

I am more tired at the end of the day and they told me it's because I'm not getting in enough food. (I do have a habit of trying to cut back, which they told me not to do). My goal for this next week is to be sure I eat at least 5 times a day... 3 Optifast products and 1 snacks and 1 meal under 300 calories. My Goal: Banana/Fruit(when I wake) - Optifast (bfast) - Snack - Optifast(lunch) - Snack - Under 300 cal Meal (dinner) - Optifast Bar (evening snack) and they said I have to space them out more evenly. They want me to eat something as soon as I wake up (hard for me as I'm not a morning eater). I'm starting my day with a Banana and Coffee. Then 2 hrs later have my first Optifast shake. (not sure if thats what they had in mind - the banana - but its working)

Keep up the good work krms... I'll try to keep up my posts better. Hearing from you is VERY encouraging as I feel like I'm not doing this alone.

Keep losing!

Last edited by LizBirch; 09-13-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Glad to see your back! I missed ya! Happy to see you're still keeping with it too!!
Congrats on loosing 10 pounds!! I know what you mean how you thought it would come off (the weight) so much quicker because you are eating way less calories. I feel the same way! My eating was so out of control but now it is very structured and I am eating a lot less calories.

I had my weigh-in today and lost another 2 pounds. I felt like I had lost more, so it was discouraging that I hadn't. My total weight loss is 14 pounds!! Yeah me!! Talk to you soon...
Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Great Job on the 14 lb loss!!! I bet that feels so good. Keep up the good work! If we keep losing 1-2 lbs a weeks we will be feeling so much better by the holidays and Look better too

My nexy weigh in is Wednesday. I'll check back in after that to report how I did this week. ttys
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

hi Liz / Krms

Its really awesome to see your posts.
i find it encouraging.

i just signed up to FitDay.com today (18th September 2012).

i started my "diet" 3 weeks ago (28th August 2012)
i lost 5 pounds in my first week

Unfortunately i too thought that i could lose more weight by consuming less calories.
The last 2 weeks (weighed myself today) i have not lost any pounds at all :-(!!!

My husband encourages me (makes / packs all my food) and says i should not worry but just keep on doing what i am doing.

I am not on any specific diet however my doctor has asked me to stop eating carbs (bread / rice / pasta, etc) entirely. effetcively quitting all "bad carbs".

To experdite my weightloss my husband suggests i start exercising.
Going to start today. excited :-)

anyways i would really like to hear your stories too, so please update me

Thanks

Marienita
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Marienita- Liz (I don't know if that is her name or not, I'll have to ask her) and I have been typing back and forth for a little bit now. Sounds like you came to the right place to share common weight loss experiences!!! Please keep us updated on your weight loss journey...Oh, & welcome!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

hey krms

Thanks, being on fitday has really put things in perspective for me.

And its great having you guys too.

Weightloss has always been an issue for many so its nice to have support and to know you are on the right track.

its also great learning from each other.

cant "weight" for the next weigh in.

thought you may want to read this:
Sleep boosts weight loss
Created: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 Print

Adequate sleep is an important part of a weight loss plan and should be added to the recommended mix of diet and exercise, states a commentary in CMAJ (Canadian Medical Association Journal).
Although kilojoule restriction and increased physical activity are recommended for weight loss, there is significant evidence that inadequate sleep is contributing to obesity. Lack of sleep increases the stimulus to consume more food and increases appetite-regulating hormones.

Sleep should be part of weight-loss plan
"The solution [to weight loss] is not as simple as 'eat less, move more, sleep more,'" write Drs. Jean-Phillippe Chaput, Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario and Angelo Tremblay, Laval University, Québec, Quebec.

"However, an accumulating body of evidence suggests that sleeping habits should not be overlooked when prescribing a weight-reduction program to a patient with obesity. Sleep should be included as part of the lifestyle package that traditionally has focused on diet and physical activity."
The authors' recently published research found that total sleep time and quality of sleep predicted the loss of fat in people enrolled in a weight loss program.
The Canadian Obesity Network has included adequate sleep in its new set of obesity management tools for physicians.

How many hours a night do you sleep? E-mail us [email protected]

(EurekAlert, September 2012)

Read more:
Sleep yourself thin

Last edited by Marienita; 09-18-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added content

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.