Notices

Easy ways to include vegetables in diet?

Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

I once saw someone on a cooking show puree the veggies. It was a way she got her kids to eat vegetables. I prefer to eat vegetables whole (like beans and brocolli) but it would be a way to get vegetables in.
Pesto would be an idea too because you could use whatever greens you like.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 PM
FitDay Member

How about a green smoothy?
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...e-recipes.html
Old 08-16-2012, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Steamed

Hi,

I found a very quick, easy & cheap way of having my veg was buying it frozen. Then all I have to do is weigh it out & stick it into the steamer.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM
FitDay Member

easy way to include vegetables diet. I also like Brussel sprouts cooked in a little olive oil with onions. Again we will cook up a larger batch at a time to make several servings.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

I always.......Cook vegetables in bulk and refrigerate separately. Mixing is hard to count calories....Juice all vegetables I hate (I hate most of them ). Carrot/apple mixed with a hated green.....Crockpot=my bean maker, super easy to over night cook......I also started pureeing vegetables with cottage cheese, sounds weird but I wolf it down. Since Im never gonna sit around snacking on vegetables I had to figure ways to cook them easily in bulk and get them in me........thats whats most important to me. Oh, I usually cook about every 4 days, for 4 of us.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Insalata russa (russian salad in Italian) is cooked diced vegetables bound together with mayonnaise (homemade, of course!). Very tasty! Make it with light mayo that you buy. Add some lemon juice to the mayo to make it more citrusy and tart. Yumm.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

You can always put vegetables in egg whites.I pour about a cup of egg whites from a carton into a microwavable dish,and add vegetables.
You can use any veg that you have cooked first.Maybe add a little light cheese.Fast easy protein and veg.
Green Giant creamed spinach, with some 2% Swiss cheese is great.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Raw veggies

Originally Posted by mintchip01
I'm rather picky because while I love cooked vegetables of all kinds, I don't like raw vegetables. Hving cooked vegetables around takes a bit of forethought. Often, I end up grabbing a V8 because at least that's an easy way to get some vegetables in the diet. That's all well and good, but it only provides one serving of vegetables.

So I'm wondering, if anyone has some sneaky or super easy tips for adding more vegetables to one's diet. Also, how do you do your meal planning so you are sure to eat some vegetables every day?
What I do is cut up some celery, cucumbers, yellow squash put them in a zip lock and add some onion powder close and shake. Put it in the and ready to eat at anytime. Not many calories or carbs
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

I've blended cooked white beans into eggs when I make a breakfast dish. No one is the wiser, even me! Higher protein and fiber, low G.I.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

This simple rice dish with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and green onions is fast, low in calories, and low-fat. This recipe qualifies as a diet recipe, but it is quite tasty and will appeal to all.
Ingredients:

1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, undrained
1 can (16 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
3 green onions, with tops, sliced

Preparation:
Mix artichoke hearts, tomatoes, rice, and green onions in 10-inch skillet. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is tender.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.