Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 8/6/12: Let's Bring It!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hi guys, I tried to post my wed stats this morning but I was on an i-pad and couldn't make it work!

Goals for this week Monday to Friday
• Log my weight here daily : M: 82.8kg-(182.54lb) T:82.4kg-(181.66) W82kg (180.78lb) Th81.5kg(179.68lb)
• Start weekly body measurements: M:nope T:tomorrow I promise! W YES!!
• Calories under 1350: M:1774 T:1424 W 1106Th I’m really not sure, maybe around 1500???

• Carbs 33% or under M:49% T:26% W 33% Th No idea
• At least 20 mins physical activity per day M:no T:no w Yes!! 1 hour boot campThno, but I went to both my jobs with a sick child in tow then went home, cleaned the house and I have only just sat down now, so Im going with I moved a lot!

So my calories have been up and down, but for some reason the weight is flying off this week, I think I was carrying some water last week as my face was a bit puffy so that might explain some of it, I have had a calorie deficit most days, some more than others, any way... things are moving! I have no idea of my cals and carbs because we had turkish takeaway. I think mine was ok ish, I had a plate of chicken, tabouleh, hummus, tzatsiki dip, and I only ate a small quarter of turkish bread, I gave the rest to others at the table. better off the plate than sitting in front of me, when I got home I tried to work it out and couldn't find a count for the chicken, I think it was cooked donor style which is probably not great but it didn't taste very fatty.
I did bootcamp wednesday night and we had a fill in teacher who runs a class called 'heart-attack' It's pretty much high intensity cardio, it was pretty full on, but I made it through the class, even if I didn't always keep up with everyone.

I am now just 1.5Kg away from my original goal weight of 80kg, which is what I weighed when I found out I was pregnant with my beautiful daughter.

Last edited by nichaleh; 08-08-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone I am back! Had Baby#2 on July 5th...a boy this time...and looking forward to chatting with everyone daily again to stay motivated and get back into the swing of things.

Goals for this week:

- Work out at least 3 times
- Minimal carbs and stick with protein and lots of veggies
- Drink lots of water
- Lose another 10 pounds before I go back to work so I can at least fit into my "Fat" clothes and have pants to wear!!

Ann
Old 08-08-2012, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

Goals -
Stay at 1200 calories a day -
Monday No. Tuesday Yes. Wednesday Yes.
walk one way or both ways to work or appointments each day -
Monday yes and did 4 miles in an hour. Tue in the house studying all day so no. Wednesday yes, had an incredible beach walk.
follow the 80/20 rule-
Yes, and didn't get anything to eat at the cinema or steal friends popcorn! Haven't really needed the 20% so far.
Clean eating-
Yes. Yes. Yes.

non weight loss goals-
Exam Revision!
Yup, but not enough - is it ever enough?
Feel like I'm breaking the back of EU law and Jurisprudence is getting there.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Not having a great day so far, had a fasting blood test to attend first thing and that didn't go well and I now have nice bruises and soreness, then an interview so no time for my workout, then when I got home I had a note for a package which I had to collect so I've had to bring my car into work instead of walking so that I can carry it home. However the package is my new bathroom scales yay

So here are my goals for this week starting from Tuesday.

1. Work out 4-6 times this week. T: Yes, W: Yes T: No
2. Walk to work all this week. T: Yes, W: Yes, T: No (had to pick up package )
3. Input my food and activities. T: Yes, W: Yes
4. Stay within calorie limits. T: Yes -488, W: -532
5. Lose some weight at weigh in. Saturday morning will show result.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, your report through Wednesday is looking really great. I hope you can get in more sleep, though. Thanks for your good wishes for GD's first year at college. It's been a fun ride so far.

Ama, vending machines just happen sometimes when a loved one is in the hospital. Just try to eat as healthfully as you can out of it and drink as much water as you can--or juice instead of coffee or soda, if possible. Glad to learn that Grandma is responding to the antibiotics. Keeping her, you, and your family in my prayers.

jjrudd, congrats on getting in some exercise, even though you're not able to meet your goal. Every little bit counts. Also congrats for not doing emotional eating yesterday. I hope you're feeling better today. Big cyberhug to ya!

Icewithin, aw, so sorry. Are you going to have a repeat blood test or do you need meds? Kudos on your new bathroom scale. Despite your busy day yesterday, you came through looking good.

Judi, fabulous Wednesday report! So sorry 'bout your back pain! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Kayla, kudos on your avoidance of processed foods. I probably mentioned several times that I reversed my pre-diabetes with diet alone by limiting myself to 25g net carbs per day (total grams of carbs less grams of fiber.) I guess everyone knows that fiber carbs don't impact blood sugar. When you report your carbs, is that total carbs or net carbs? I stick to the low carb fruits like all kinds of berries (except grapes, which are too high carb berries for me) and all kinds of melon except watermelon. Occasionally I allow myself 1/2 a peach when in season. I have to count even the carbs in spices and green veggies--even lettuce. Like this morning in my spinach omelet I had to count 2.4g carbs from spinach and tumeric. Who knew just 1/4 tsp. turmeric has .4g carbs? It all adds up, doesn't it? BUT the great thing, that you obviously know, too, is that we can eat a very filling and delicious, nutritious low carb diet with some good pre-planning.

Ann (Hunny) hi! Welcome back! Congrats on your new baby boy! I like your simple goals.

Edinburghgirl, congrats on the clean eating, especially at the cinema! Best wishes on your goals!

Nichaleh, you really are doing so well on your weight loss! Counting your Thursday as 1500 would give you an average this week of 1451. Very respectable no matter what your goal number is. I hope your daughter is feeling better. Kudos on the high intensity cardo--that really speeds up one's metabolism and aids in weight loss.

Mike, I like the simplicity of your goals this week. Kudos on the -2.8 lbs. this week. I forgot your insurance company will go after him for their $2600. Glad you have court on the back burner in case he doesn't pay back the $1000 deductible. I agree you may never see a penny of that, but people who don't have insurance have to be held accountable. I know insurance is expensive, but when I learn/notice an individual has money for a nice car, retail price clothes instead of thrift shops, entertainment, soda, beer, cigarettes (I'm an ex-smoker so am not prejudiced--it's just not a necessity to sustain life), but not money for car insurance as mandated by law, I think "What's wrong with this picture?"

Last edited by Mern; 08-09-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness / Health Goals ...
1. 100 oz water a day (more is better) M:Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch 4 out of 5 days M: 2miles, Cancelled Goal
3. Workout 4 times (nights work too) M: No, Cancelled Goal
4. 5 fruits/veggies a day M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. Dinner - cut back on portions M: I think so, T: Yep, W: Yes but was high on sodium,
6. Weigh & post it daily M: 229.2lbs, T: 228.8lbs, W: 227.2lbs, Th: 228.0lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Put away laundry (already folded it!) M: DONE! Had company coming it had to be done
2. Encourage but don't push M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Didn't do either,
3. Keep paperwork caught up at work M: Yeah, T: All caught up now,W: Yep,
4. Repaint my nails (me time!) M: No - had company over, T: Yep....DONE!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Hi everyone I am back! Had Baby#2 on July 5th...a boy this time...and looking forward to chatting with everyone daily again to stay motivated and get back into the swing of things.

Goals for this week:

- Work out at least 3 times
- Minimal carbs and stick with protein and lots of veggies
- Drink lots of water
- Lose another 10 pounds before I go back to work so I can at least fit into my "Fat" clothes and have pants to wear!!

Ann
OMG you're back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should I sign you up for this...
Okay ladies, we've been talking about doing a "meet and greet"... well now's your chance!!

***March 24,2013*** This notice far enough so y'all can schedule your work schedule and lives around it! So what that means is if you don't show up, you suck!

Who's in for the meet and greet and maybe a little 1/2 marathon fun? Even if you don't run it I expect you to at the very least be waiting at the finish line cheering me on as I whip Tori!

Mike - in and doing the race
Tori - in and doing the race
mh - in and doing the race

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-09-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

TORI vs. MIKE GOALS:

1-post starting weight and make log public (185.4) 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
2-log everything Yes, Yes, No
3-most amount of water 135.2, 118.3, 118.3
4-most amount of fruits/veggies 5, 2, 2
5-least amount of bread 0, 1, 2
6-most miles walked 0, 0, 5.12
7-lose 1.5% of starting weight (-2.8#)

Tori Specific:
1-do NOT slack on paperwork
2-get car taxes reduced for high mileage
3-plan ahead all meals

Mike Specific:
1-tile master bedroom this weekend
2-plan ahead all meals (starting Tuesday) yes, for the most part, Nope (I failed)
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nichaleh
Hi guys, I tried to post my wed stats this morning but I was on an i-pad and couldn't make it work!

Goals for this week Monday to Friday
• Log my weight here daily : M: 82.8kg-(182.54lb) T:82.4kg-(181.66) W82kg (180.78lb) Th81.5kg(179.68lb)
• Start weekly body measurements: M:nope T:tomorrow I promise! W YES!!
• Calories under 1350: M:1774 T:1424 W 1106Th I’m really not sure, maybe around 1500???

• Carbs 33% or under M:49% T:26% W 33% Th No idea
• At least 20 mins physical activity per day M:no T:no w Yes!! 1 hour boot campThno, but I went to both my jobs with a sick child in tow then went home, cleaned the house and I have only just sat down now, so Im going with I moved a lot!

How was the boot camp? Your thursday update was confusing me, I guess you are way ahead of me with your time zone. Pull it together and finish the week strong.

Originally Posted by edinburghgirl
Goals -
Stay at 1200 calories a day -
Monday No. Tuesday Yes. Wednesday Yes.
walk one way or both ways to work or appointments each day -
Monday yes and did 4 miles in an hour. Tue in the house studying all day so no. Wednesday yes, had an incredible beach walk.
follow the 80/20 rule-
Yes, and didn't get anything to eat at the cinema or steal friends popcorn! Haven't really needed the 20% so far.
Clean eating-
Yes. Yes. Yes.

non weight loss goals-
Exam Revision!
Yup, but not enough - is it ever enough?
Feel like I'm breaking the back of EU law and Jurisprudence is getting there.
that beach walk sounf awesome. Congrats on the 4 miles in an hour! Nice pace.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I like the simplicity of your goals this week. Kudos on the -2.8 lbs. this week. I forgot your insurance company will go after him for their $2600. Glad you have court on the back burner in case he doesn't pay back the $1000 deductible. I agree you may never see a penny of that, but people who don't have insurance have to be held accountable. I know insurance is expensive, but when I learn/notice an individual has money for a nice car, retail price clothes instead of thrift shops, entertainment, soda, beer, cigarettes (I'm an ex-smoker so am not prejudiced--it's just not a necessity to sustain life), but not money for car insurance as mandated by law, I think "What's wrong with this picture?"
the -2.8 is my goal, I haven't gotten there... yet. My company will go after him for the full amount, but I don't get mine (from them) until they get it (from him). So if he pays $3000, they get their $2645 and I get $355. I don't they'll see a $100 from him. People he works with are already speculating that if his wages get garnished, he'll probably quit. As long as he's not working under the table, I'll do what I can.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Fitness / Health Goals ...
1. 100 oz water a day (more is better) M:Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch 4 out of 5 days M: 2miles, Cancelled Goal
3. Workout 4 times (nights work too) M: No, Cancelled Goal
4. 5 fruits/veggies a day M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. Dinner - cut back on portions M: I think so, T: Yep, W: Yes but was high on sodium,
6. Weigh & post it daily M: 229.2lbs, T: 228.8lbs, W: 227.2lbs, Th: 228.0lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Put away laundry (already folded it!) M: DONE! Had company coming it had to be done
2. Encourage but don't push M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Didn't do either,
3. Keep paperwork caught up at work M: Yeah, T: All caught up now,W: Yep,
4. Repaint my nails (me time!) M: No - had company over, T: Yep....DONE!
Awesome job as usualy, but why the cancelled goals?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Awesome job as usualy, but why the cancelled goals?
Apparently getting a tattoo on your ankle hurts a little more than I had planned on. I have some swelling in the general area and stiffness and promised my hubby that I would take it easy for a few days until the swelling goes down. Now that we know what to expect we are assured that it is normal but I didn't know about it before doing it. I still can't see my ankle bones on the inside of my foot and the tat was done on Sunday. .... Oh and in about a month I plan to have it touched in with color and add some design around it so I'll be whining again. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.