Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
FitDay Member

Just got caught up in trying to finish a bunch of work and came home feeling lazy. So really, no good excuse.

Did 1K rowing in 6 minutes. After all those squats and cleans, that actually loosened me up nicely
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds worthy Nik, and Pam, great rides, how lovely.

So, yesterday, I did go to runners club. I announced at the beginning my plan to be the slowest, but I found that middle of the pack worked well. 4 beautiful miles along the Charles River (or Chuck, to his friends). Now, this was my second run of the day, I’m very proud of myself.

This AM would normally have been a run before yoga, but I thought that might be unwise, so I jumped on a Expresso Bike and chased up Wild Goat Falls (saw the Yeti!), and then did the campus loop 40 minutes riding (best in the Y for the Wild Goat Falls (ok, no one else had logged that ride), and didn’t beat my personal best for the campus loop. This was followed by blissful yoga!

And on to work.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida, where are you? I miss you! Those Tibetans aren't going to do themselves!

Today I spun, I was the only student, and it was challenging, lots of interval hills.

Have a great week everyone, I won't be logging during vacation!

Abby
Old 06-29-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default A full week

Whew! Yesterday I hit the wall.

As you might have noted I started back on the mt bike, replacing running (for the most part). I biked on Sunday, and took Monday off. Tuesday was crossfit, which wasn't terribly challenging cardio-wise, but lots of lifting. Wed I biked again and then went to yoga that evening. For those of you who think yoga is all about sitting cross legged and contimplating your navel, it isn't. We worked on a lot of standing balance poses - lots of leg and ab work.

Then Thursday back to crossfit. The warm up was an 800m run - not quite a sprint, but fast, and then the strength training was deadlifts, which I tend to forget are all about legs and hips. By the time I got to the workout, more running, power cleans, toes to the bar, and wall ball shots (about the only movement I can say that I really don't like) I was done. I ended up modifying the toes to bar with sit-ups and had to break-up the 15 wall ball shots into 3 sets of 5.

I had planned on trying a new yoga class last night, but there was no way!

Today we rest and then Saturday back to it. Since Wed is a holiday and the mountains are calling I'm heading up to the Sierra house, but I'm sure I'll get lots of outdoor exercise the rest of the week.

It's all good

Keep on keeping on everyone!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Abby, that might be the first time I've heard anyone use "spun" to describe having gone to a spin class. Clever!

Planning on a 5-mile run later this evening.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, when you admit there are are walls, they must be massive ones – what a week. I agree about yoga, it’s a stenuous core workout, but with a completely different feel from boot camp!

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Abby, that might be the first time I've heard anyone use "spun" to describe having gone to a spin class. Clever!
Planning on a 5-mile run later this evening.
No, actually I was turning wool into yarn … only kidding, but, when I told my dad I was taking spinning classes, he thought that was what I was doing (and was very encouraging, asked if we would knit next).
I loved having an evening run one day this week, and hope your five miles serve you well!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

I have a question for people. WHAT THE HECK IS A SPINNING CLASS???!!!??? I keep hearing that people are taking spinning classes and I want to know what they are.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kaitlyn,

Spinning is basically a high intensity stationary bike workout class done on a special bike. You pace yourself but the instructors are usually hyperactive and you listen to crazy trance music to push yourself to the limit. Or something like that

--

Did a bodyweight circuit today with some squats to warm up, then: 2 rounds of --

5 pull-ups
5 dips
150m rowing sprint

Then a more "leisurely" 250m rowing bout.

This is the weekend before my wedding! And I think I've hit the lowest weight I'm gonna be all week (my mom has made soooo much food)!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Nik,

Thanks for the information!! Congratulation on next week.

Right now I'm waiting for Sunday because it's...................................... MY BIRTHDAY

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 07-01-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Keily664
Right now I'm waiting for Sunday because it's...................................... MY BIRTHDAY
Happy Birthday!

Yesterday 6/30, hit the gym for 1-1/2 hours. Worked on upper body & core. Then went for a 21.6 mile bike ride along the American River, it was hot 95* day and went thru 2 liters of water but felt great to get out in the fresh but hot air.

Legs feel a little tight this morning but I plan on another ride today and some more gym time.

Didn't go to the gym, but I did go for another 20mile bike ride.

Last edited by sw07; 07-02-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.