Notices
View Poll Results: Have you ever used a diet program such as Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers,Jenny Craig?
Yes, and I had great success!
16.67%
Yes, but it didn't work for me
33.33%
No, but I am considering a program
8.33%
No, they are just not for me!
41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Looking For Gals With LBS to lose! Curvy Hotties Unite!!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Ok Ladies. I need some serious help. I started in January tracking my calories and working out 3 times a week. I have gone as low as 600 calories a day, and as high as 1300. As many as 7 cardio sessions a week, and down to just 3. I've cut carbs, when that didn't work I switched to cutting fat, and when that didn't work I tried just focusing on calories. Bottom line, I weigh the exact same 175lbs that I weighed in January. 6 months ago. I am discouraged, disappointed and just about ready to give up. Maybe this is just the size I am supposed to be now? I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be incredibly grateful.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
Ok Ladies. I need some serious help. I started in January tracking my calories and working out 3 times a week. I have gone as low as 600 calories a day, and as high as 1300. As many as 7 cardio sessions a week, and down to just 3. I've cut carbs, when that didn't work I switched to cutting fat, and when that didn't work I tried just focusing on calories. Bottom line, I weigh the exact same 175lbs that I weighed in January. 6 months ago. I am discouraged, disappointed and just about ready to give up. Maybe this is just the size I am supposed to be now? I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be incredibly grateful.
I've been talking a class and we learned that if aperson is 5'4" there lowest weight should only be 120lbs. We've been scolded many times that if you are eating less the 1200 cals everyday, you are restircting your body to much. Through out the week we had to keep a running total of our cals and fat grams and then average them out. So, ones total if they where staying at 1200 should be around 8400 for all seven days. We also did the same for are weekly activity minutes. Kept a running total and then took then average it out. Our minimum goal to get in for the week was 150 total.
What has helped me a lot has been watching my fat grams and making sure I get n 45 to 60 min. a day if not more of activity. I usually get the minutes in on my wii. In stead of running in place, Imarch i nplace. I really enjoy doing the plank instead of situps or push ups. I hear the Biggest Loser game for the wii along with just dance of zumba gives you a really good work out. I also us the 2 mile and 5 miles walking video.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Have been there too!!!

Originally Posted by kayla.underhill
One thing that has worked for me is to add protein. In order for a food to be effectively burned from your body, your body requires two things: carbs and protein. Have you heard of the GI (glycemic index)? It basically measures how the body uses the carbs and sugars ("good carbs" vs. "bad carbs") in foods. Check out Glycemic Index Food Chart: List of Glycemic Values of Foods. Sometimes to kick off some burn, try low glycemic foods with protein! The body starts to realize it has the ability to burn those calories without burning out. The more of these foods you consume, the more your body is fueled with good carbs and makes more energy. How are you with fruits and veg? If you like them, its ok to load up on them!

When you are working out, try having ICE COLD, I mean FRIGID water at your side! It's a small trick, but it takes more calories to heat up that water in the body. Sugar of course is an iffy one when it comes to diets. Some say it's ok, and others say nay. I have started using Stevia instead. It's sweeter and hey, 0 calories.

This is the hardest for me: I like A LOT of foods....Do not put a dessert buffet in front of me . I have learned to eat like the French: small portions of a bit of everything tricks the eyes, and the tummy. You actually THINK you ate a ton!

Please be careful with calories! I have a friend that is losing an average of 15 lbs a month, but is doing it by only eating 1100 or fewer calories a day and spending 3 hours at a gym per day....She says her doctor says this is ok, but all the doctors I've talked to so far are wondering how she is still standing! If you have to go low, listen to LMB, 1200 is acceptable. But you need that energy to exercise and be up right! I am at about 1400-1600 a day and about an hour of exercise a day. Find an exercise program that you find entertaining and you WANT to do! Zumba is excellent, and you don't have to know how to dance (they teach you!). The Biggest Loser has some stellar DVD workouts and you get to work with Jillian and Bob! I love BOB!

Good luck sweets and keep us posted! If you find any ideas, feel free to shoot em my way! My apologies for the essay LOL!
LOVE,
LIZ
Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Liz - loved your Essay!! It is all great advice!

LMB - also good advice - you are absolutely correct - don't go under cals cuz your body will go into starvation mode and result in weight gain!

Kayla - I would like to add what has been the biggest factor for me! WATER! Water to your body is like fuel to a fire! water water water! I'm currently drinking 80-100 oz/day plus one multivitamin in the morning. I know that this is not easy as it is a constant challenge for myself. But, if I'm on track (which I have not been) and I'm drinking all my water I feel soooo much better!! I can already feel my energy going up from Monday. Don't lose hope - clearly you have the right frame of mind. Maybe give us some details (only if you want) about what kind of food you are eating and how long your cardio sessions are, are you weight training, are you doing pushups, situps?? .... Also I've heard that Interval workouts are much better than straight cardio. I have just started interval training - just doing a basic on the Elliptical (but I'm sure any machine or even running/walking will work) - 5 min warmup, 1min at level 4, 2min at level 1, 1min level 4, 2min level1.... until I've completed about 20 min then 5 min cooldown. Apparently this type of workout is equal to 40 min regular cardio. And I love Zumba too!!! So much fun - have you ever Zumba'ed?? If not - give it at least 3 weeks and don't give up - you will notice how much easier it is once you have an idea about the routines. Don't give up the fight! Stay with us!!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

Wow! I am overwhelmed by super helpful information! I think a big problem for me is carbs. I am a bread fanatic. I have decided to cut out bread/pasta entirely for a month and see what results I can get just from doing that. I know that most fruits have a lot of carbs, but I am also fruit obsessed and it is one of my few low calorie obsessions so I am holding on to it for dear life. I have been trying some interval training, but I like the 1min-2min routine better than my current one and will definitely try it. I have never in my life used weights, because I fear bulkiness (irrational for someone who weighs 175 lbs, but a fear nevertheless). Will weights not make me bulky? Raising protein levels I have heard is a great way to help burn fat as well, so I will definitely try that. However, with that much water intake isn't there a fear of "over-hydration"? I have known people who have become very sick because of that, and I am just curious where the line between beneficial and dangerous is, if anyone happens to know. Overall, I am so grateful for all the helpful tips and encouragement and I will start tomorrow with a fresh outlook and some awesome new ideas to go with it! Thank you so much ladies! I'm so glad I have other women I can talk to about these things who will help in a constructive and supportive way. You have no idea what that means to me. <3
Old 06-28-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

So glad you could use all of our suggestions Kayla!! I am by no means a professional so you may have to do some google research to back up my points LOL! With regards to bulkiness - I don't think that women have enough of the horomone that men have to make them bulky so unless you are doing bicep curls with 30 lb weights you will not get bulky! I FOUND THIS:

[I]"If you are a woman, it simply isn’t possible to “bulk up” with two 20 minute sessions per week. It’s just not enough time and you don’t have the hormones necessary for it anyway. Testosterone is the main hormone responsible for muscle mass and girth increase. Men have this in abundance so it’s easier for them. Some men are bulky and strong without even lifting weights because they have such high levels, but that gift usually comes at the expense of hair loss-another effect of high testosterone.
Women have about the same testosterone levels as a 10 year old boy, so “bulking” is obviously not a possibility[ii]. Even women who want to bulk cannot do so without the aid of drugs, steroids, excessive supplementation, and hours per day of heavy conventional weight lifting"

Thats exactly what I wanted to say! heehee! Doing weights a couple times a week will help you to "tone" - My Bikini Bootcamp book (best book ever!) is big on the basic weights like take a small 5 or 8lb weight and do bicep curls for 1 min - it doesn't sound like a lot but if you are just beginning you should feel it! Currently I am using 12-15lb weights and have been since January - Def not bulking up!

If you are scared of "over-hydration" maybe you should try being in the PCC (Pee clear club) - just drink as much water over the day until your pee is clear - its that simple. It just means that your body has detoxified and if now just releasing the extra water! if you start out with 50-60 OZ you might notice a huge difference. I started out dreading water and was getting maybe 20 oz/day. I slowly increases week by week and now I'm up to 80-100oz. I FOUND THIS:

"The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition."

My method is to drink 20 oz with breaky, 20 with lunch, 20 with dinner, 20 with pm workout and the odd 10 oz here and there throughout the day. I tried to carry a water bottle around with me in the beginning but that did not work! I just chug 10 oz at a time (10-15 sec!) using one of my daughters bottles for measure! (stock up on toilet paper)

OMG you guys, I tried the 30 day shred Level 1 last night (5lbs weights btw Kayla!=no bulkiness) and I am soooooooo sore right now! It feels great! So excited to do it again tonight!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies,
I would love to join your group. I think its really important to have a support group while loosing weight and changing your life, its not always an easy path!
I'm 29, from Scotland. I have a fancy wedding to go to in September and I would like to feel beautiful at it. My goal is to loose as much as is healthy possible for it and then to continue loosing weight.
I've been doing the Tracy Anderson mat work out and my muscles are screaming today!
I've been really inspired reading your posts.
Claire.
June 22nd - 322lb
June 30th - 317lb
Goal weight 150
Old 07-01-2012, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Still Here

Originally Posted by edinburghgirl
Hi ladies,
I would love to join your group. I think its really important to have a support group while loosing weight and changing your life, its not always an easy path!
I'm 29, from Scotland. I have a fancy wedding to go to in September and I would like to feel beautiful at it. My goal is to loose as much as is healthy possible for it and then to continue loosing weight.
I've been doing the Tracy Anderson mat work out and my muscles are screaming today!
I've been really inspired reading your posts.
Claire.
June 22nd - 322lb
June 30th - 317lb
Goal weight 150
@edinburghgirl Hey hon!!!WELCOME!!! Nice to have a new face here!
@Everyone--Hope everyone is doing alright! I have been having some really busy days!Fourth of July is coming up and was wondering if anyone has some grill recipes using veggies....Anyone have some sauce/marinade recipes?

Got myself a new exercise ball (heehee, I accidentally popped my old one blowing it up....who knew I had that much hot air in me?). So they say 10 mins a day, 5 days a week....Hmmmmmm....Will let you know how that goes gals. Changing my weigh in days to Fridays and WILL post more regularly! Need to start accomplishing more of my goals.

So off I go to try my new toy....And I will not blow this one up....

Love,
LIZ
Old 07-02-2012, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

I have a question for people.

Can you lose weight without counting cal. just by exercising and eating healthier?? Or do you need to count cal. to lose weight?? Because I'm not always near my computer to put things in and I tend to forget things that I have eaten. Also I just don't know how much I've eaten of things most of the time.

Feedback would be great.
Thanks

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn

Last edited by Keily664; 07-03-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Liz -thanks for the welcome . I'm really interested to hear how it goes with the exercise ball. I was considering getting one and using it instead of a chair at my desk when I study.
Kaitlyn - Hi, can I just say how impressive I think you are. To do what your doing at your age is brilliant and really inspiring. I don't know about the whole counting calories thing, there is, as always with weight loss, conflicting studies on counting or not counting. What I do know is that it helps to log what you eat so that you stay aware of what you are eating and to be accountable for it, if that makes any sence?

Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.