Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Mern: I might never enjoy lugging around the carseat; my guess is that I will tolerate it, but you never know, I've been wrong about myself a lot, haha!
Welcome to the club. I'm a pro about being wrong about myself. LOL Nobe cracks me up--I almost fell off my chair when I read her comment about her breasts being tough even after being in the crockpot all day. Our Walmart's produce is great, too--nice prices and always very fresh. Kudos on your logging, calorie deficit, exercise and that great additional weight loss! Way to go! Wishing you a better work day than you expect.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

I can't believe you're all laughing at my tough breasts, it's a real problem!

Old 05-23-2012, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mern
nobe! Kudos on your loss and on reaching your mini goal early!

Mike, you are rocking tori's goal for you. Well done! Best wishes on the policies. I have no problem getting in my evening fish oil capsules since you suggested the pill reminder box. You just gotta be sure to put it where you'll see it. Mine is right by the computer so i can't miss it.

I'm having a great day so far:

Got yesterday's blood test results already.

Cholesterol at 212 and triglycerides at 246 still slightly above normal but doc is pleased and is supportive about continuing to manage and hopefully further reduce those numbers through diet alone.

Fasting blood sugar is still normal at 89, down from pre-diabetic since august of 2011 through diet alone :d the a1c test reflecting average blood sugar over the past couple months has not yet come back. I expect those results later today.

Other great news is that my daughter got a call from the high school saying my live-in gd is getting some kind of an academic and citizenship merit award (i'm guessing a certificate of acknowledgement) at the award assembly at school friday morning. It's a surprise and her mom, my dh and i are all invited to attend. :d had to tell dh so he won't play golf that morning, but he's so forgetful i'm going to have to keep reminding him to not blow the surprise. I'm so proud of gd that i'm all teary-eyed just typing this.
Congrats on your good news both about your heath and your gd!!!!!! You must be both happy and sooooooo proud!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Wha tid this aobut tough breasts? We are talking about Nobe and not chicken yes?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida! Great job on your Wednesday report. Something special going on for May 28 for your mini goal other than Monday being weigh-in day for a lot of us?

Hope, thanks for sharing in my happiness. You're a great pal. I'm just an innocent bystander. I thought sure we were talking about chicken until Nobe said "Even after spending the day in the crock pot my breasts were tough!" She must have a really big crockpot or maybe that's her term for a sauna or maybe a hot tub with a lid on it.

Nobe, I really would suggest a moisturizing cream for tenderizing breasts...geez!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

We often do seem to drift into talk about breasts on this thread, don't we?

Everyone seems to be doing well, so pat on the back to you all.

nobe, not sure how you cooked them, I know you said in a crock pot. I can't say I've had tough breasts, but I often cook mine with a jar of salsa or picante sauce dumped over them and I think the vinegar in it makes it very tender. It's one of my favorite meals. And good for you for meeting your goal!

Congrats, Mern, on your GD's accomplishment! She certainly sounds like an accomplished young lady...apple didn't fall far from grandma, I guess . Enjoy this exciting time. Your numbers look good; another reminder that being careful really does make a difference. Good for you!

Terri, wish you luck and patience going through preparing to move and relocating. And wonderful news about the three pounds !

Still crazy busy here. All last week and M/T this week I've been in my practice across town, covering for two folks who were out. Usually I'm only there 1-2 days per week so I was ecstatic to be back on this side of town today! Like Terri says, reporting here is important, too. So here I am, with apologies for not being present much lately.

The boy has one half-day left, two finals, and then freshman year will be over. I am blown away by how fast it went.

I have two dilemmas this week. First, my son was invited by his coach to the NCAA tennis championship matches on Friday. It's about 2 hours away (mostly freeway driving), not overnight, but here is the kicker...he would ride with a couple friends from his team, both of whom are teens, albeit seniors who have been driving for a couple years. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but guess I better figure it out!

The second is one of those awkward things where we were invited to a graduation party for my neighbor's daughter. We know their family but I wouldn't say we're close friends and we don't socialize with each other because both families work and are running in different directions when we're home. I don't know whether to go, to send a gift, to do nothing, etc. So I need to think on that, too. We got an announcement a couple weeks ago and now this invitation. That time of year, I guess.

Oh, and I got a lovely message today from fraud prevention at my bank. Someone is trying to charge stuff in Iceland (yes, Iceland) with my debit card number. Oh, and $459 worth of stereo equipment somewhere else. File that under "I don't have time to deal with this so just make it go away!!!!" However, I will say that so far it seems as if the bank is doing everything.

Well, I need to buzz out bcs it's almost time for trumpet lessons, but I'll be back on later. Sorry to run in and dump a vent .

Have a lovely afternoon, all!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
nobe, not sure how you cooked them, I know you said in a crock pot. I can't say I've had tough breasts, but I often cook mine with a jar of salsa or picante sauce dumped over them and I think the vinegar in it makes it very tender. It's one of my favorite meals. And good for you for meeting your goal!
Thanks! I just cooked them in barbecue sauce to make kind of "pulled chicken". Squeezed out most of the barbecue sauce at the end, though. But even the shreds of chicken were hard to chew through. I'm figuring since they shrunk so much and the sauce got really runny, that they were puffed up with water...don't know if that would make them tough, but it sure makes them a rip off!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I was at work till 8 and you can guess how that clashed with my diet. I didn't get any exercise done either. but I'm back on track today with not a single unclean food eaten! Unless you count raisins...

Oh, and I got a lovely message today from fraud prevention at my bank. Someone is trying to charge stuff in Iceland (yes, Iceland) with my debit card number. Oh, and $459 worth of stereo equipment somewhere else. File that under "I don't have time to deal with this so just make it go away!!!!" However, I will say that so far it seems as if the bank is doing everything.
Now this is the part where I would be freaking out and calling police but you seem to handling it all right. I hope they can get it cleared up for you. It seems a bit odd that both someone in Tcekand and someone from somewhere else are trying to use your number at the same time though isn't it?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HardcaorKittyGirl
Now this is the part where I would be freaking out and calling police but you seem to handling it all right. I hope they can get it cleared up for you. It seems a bit odd that both someone in Tcekand and someone from somewhere else are trying to use your number at the same time though isn't it?
I think it is someone here who tried to internet order from a company based in Iceland, and also one based in Connecticut and one somewhere else. The bank denied two of them due to being suspicious but let one go through (minimal, 40-something dollars) and now are sending me a list of all recent transactions to acknowledge or dispute, then they will do an investigation. They canceled the card immediately. It is strange, since my card is in my wallet. The only place I use it is at ATMs. I made a deposit Monday and got cash, and on Tuesday all this stuff gets charged. I'm clueless. The ATM is in a very nice neighborhood; no one was around, so unless someone had one of those skimming devices in it, Idk.

Hey HKG...nice work on the clean foods!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

We often do seem to drift into talk about breasts on this thread, don't we?
This time, I'm not to blame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.