Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe- congrats! That's great! I'm happy for you!

Mern- i think it's a bit of both. It isn't a largely developed fad, but I view it like the whole "goth" look. It's a fashion statement but you need a certain mindset to wear it. I live in Rural Maine, so I don't see much of that around here.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
You've come to the right place, then, Ruby. Seems we all hate our hubbies here today
and I'm sure they hate us just as much so we're all even!

On a different note, does anyone get post-workout fever the next day? I exercised 2 days in a row and today I feel terrible and have a fever. Hoping it was related to muscular recovery and NOT a virus!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Just pulled three pairs of pants out of my "too small" box that fit me now, and one is a size 14!! And two more have gone into the "I can do them up, but they don't look good yet" pile!! Yeehaw!

I mostly gave away my small clothes so they wouldn't be staring at me and making me feel bad, but I kept my favourites, and now that I'm actually doing something about my weight, I'm glad I did. Fancy yellow sweater that only looked good when I was at my thinnest, here I come!

I'm also trying to keep reminding myself, when all the 16 tags are getting me down, that even when I was 120 pounds, I was a size 10. These child-bearing hips don't give up their weight easily, and the 16 doesn't mean much. But you know I'm wearing the 14s right now just to prove I can
good job nobe!! "sizes" can be so arbitrary, you should feel great about fitting into your "anchor" pants!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

So, I know it's super early for me to report my weight...but oh well! When I hopped on the scale I was at 192.6!!!!! I'm really hoping it sticks!!! I just had to share. Catch up with everyone later. My Deddy spoils me and gave me $$ to go shopping!!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, I know it's super early for me to report my weight...but oh well! When I hopped on the scale I was at 192.6!!!!! I'm really hoping it sticks!!! I just had to share. Catch up with everyone later. My Deddy spoils me and gave me $$ to go shopping!!
Congrats. I bet is took a lot of tears to get down to that.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Congrats. I bet is took a lot of tears to get down to that.
Thanks! I'm thinking combo of tears and that witch AF leaving town for a few weeks
Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, you here? Miss you!

Mike congrats on your weight following your goal graph even with being off the wagon somewhat! That's wonderful.

Hope, congrats on your stretching, water, and positivity.

Nobe, major kudos on the skinny pants! Wishing you a speedy trip into the fancy yellow sweater! I wore a size 5 junior petite at 114 lbs. pre-pregnancy. Afterward when I lost weight and got down to 107 lbs. (yes, one hundred seven pounds) I wore a size 14 due to that mean ol' pelvic spread. I'll never be lower than a size 14, no matter how little I weigh. Boo! BUT I'd be thrilled to be a 16 if I ever get down to 150. I'm wearing a 20/22 now.

Mandy, thanks for your input on the doll face look. I'll bet New York and California are big on that.

Ruby, I've never heard of anyone getting a fever from exercising two days in a row.

Tori, aw, honey, I'll bet that 192.6 WILL stick. Congrats to ya! I'll bet with two daughters Mike has shed a lot of tears over AF.

OMG, I just made the most delicious cooked cabbage--cooked in de-fatted juices I had saved in the freezer from leftover pork roasts and oven roasted chicken. After draining off the remaining meat juices, I added leftover diced lean pork loin roast and heated it through. So good I'd order it in a restaurant if it were on the menu. Yum!

So far I'm all green for the day. If I don't mess up tonight, I'll have an all green goal week through today-- including my fiber being raised from a blue "watch it" to a green 25 or more grams average.

Last edited by Mern; 04-04-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Kim, how are you feeling? Is your respiratory infection any better?

April and Terri, how are you? What going on in your busy lives right now?

Katy, if you're reading this, know that we're sending you tons of cyberhugs.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'm already over in calories, but it's been a weird day. What am I saying, it's been a weird few weeks. I'll probably be over again tomorrow cause I'm taking the chirrens to the movies. Can anyone say Best Aunt EVER?!?!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, you ARE the Best Aunt EVER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.