Notices

Anyone else pregnant and counting calories?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Anyone else pregnant and counting calories?

So before anyone blasts me I am not dieting only starting to watch the quantity (calories) and quality of food I am eating. While it's easier to use pregnancy as an excuse to go on a burger binge, I want to be sensible and responsible when it comes to myself and the little one on the way.

Anyone else trying to keep themselves in check during their pregnancy?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

When I was pregnant last summer, I started counting calories around week 10, but unfortunately the pregnancy ended a few weeks later. We're about to start trying again (FINALLY!) and I'll be counting the whole time, just to make sure I'm not going way overboard. I'm also going to try to keep track of nutrition balance (protein vs carb vs fat, etc.) and make sure I get a healthy mix of nutrients.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

If I were pregnant I wouldn't dream of eating less than 2500 a day. I'd rather be overweight again for a year or so post partum rather than shortchange either myself or the baby nutritionally. I haven't been pregnant but I know that getting enough nutrition is much more important than limiting nutrition.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hellgamatic
When I was pregnant last summer, I started counting calories around week 10, but unfortunately the pregnancy ended a few weeks later. We're about to start trying again (FINALLY!) and I'll be counting the whole time, just to make sure I'm not going way overboard. I'm also going to try to keep track of nutrition balance (protein vs carb vs fat, etc.) and make sure I get a healthy mix of nutrients.
I know it can happen for any reason or no reason at all, but if I were you I wouldn't do the same thing again just to be on the safe side. Also my condolences on losing your baby. I can only imagine that must be one of the most devastating things a woman can go through.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hellgamatic
Thank you for your reply. Sorry to hear about your loss and I wish you luck in trying once again.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fellow preggo!

I am also tracking what I eat!!! This is my 3rd baby and first time I've actually tracked during pregnancy. My last 2 pregnancies I gained 60lbs then 45lbs so I want to attempt to be more mindful this time. I'm 23 weeks and so far it's been helpful but now I've hit 'THE HUNGER' phase, I am hungry all the time! I'm averaging 2500 calories/day so I know I'm getting enough...it is tough!

I hope things are going better for you!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

I've just started doing this. But in fact I'm doing it to ensure that I'm getting ENOUGH calories. I'm a pretty active healthy woman and have always struggled gaining weight. Now that I'm pregnant (15 weeks) It doesn't seem to matter that I'm snacking all the time, I noticed I'm still lighter than my pre pregnancy weight!

When I started tracking what I've been eating I saw I was taking in about 500 calories less than I should be. This summer heat probably isn't helping me to feel very hungry - but less than what my baby needs is simply not going to do!

Love this site / service. Wish they would allow me to add a weight GAIN goal though.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by marnie917
I am also tracking what I eat!!! This is my 3rd baby and first time I've actually tracked during pregnancy. My last 2 pregnancies I gained 60lbs then 45lbs so I want to attempt to be more mindful this time. I'm 23 weeks and so far it's been helpful but now I've hit 'THE HUNGER' phase, I am hungry all the time! I'm averaging 2500 calories/day so I know I'm getting enough...it is tough!

I hope things are going better for you!
Maybe you need more than that. Maybe you should listen to your body and eat more when you're hungry, even if it's lower calorie things, even if it goes over your limit.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

I am! But I'll bet you had you baby already!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Im starting to count calories, Im 17 weeks pregnant and have gained twice as much as I should in these last two weeks. My Dr told me it is not "eating for two" like many people like to say. Your baby is the size of a pea until like week 10 then grows to a lime, lemon, peach, and orange until week 17. If you were feeding an orange, would you give it that many calories? besides, baby only starts to take bits of your food in around week 15. Until then, its all blood and nutrients from you. So, make sure you are getting nutrients... since that is all it needs until then.

I have been told that if you get onto a daily eating routine (eating at the same time of each day, and approx the same amounts of food) then the strong food desires will go away and you will be able to keep control of your appetite.

Also, I think it is more important to listen to what your body is craving and eat healthy foods rather than just filling an empty stomach. So, you should make those small meals thru-out the day count.

Im just wondering how many calories I should take in. Im only 5'2" and started at 130 lbs, so I know I dont need 2000 calories- this is what my 6'2" hubby needs not me.

-Best luck to everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.