Notices

Brain/body disconnect

Old 01-30-2012, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

My biggest thing to "tuning in" to that feeling have to be TOTALLY present when I eat. I could eat a whole plate of food and never taste any of it... I merely ate with the goal to be full. Now I eat mindfully... I taste every bite. When I find myself hurry-up-and-eat, eating... I have to really think hard, slow down... eat and experience it. Then my brain knows, I have eaten, my body knows I have eaten and my mouth knows I have eaten. I do think Kay_in_PA was right in stating above it is a chemical/hormonal thing.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

I think what was causing me this problem was when I was eating Weetabix. Every site says that's great diet food, but when I'd eat it, I would crave more Weetabix, and so I got myself a larger serving size, but that still wasn't enough, so I'd eat something else and still be hungry. I went today without it and feel much better.

I might try it again later after I'm off of it for a couple of weeks, but not first thing, I'll wait until I'm about to go to bed or something so it won't cause a bunch of unecessary cravings.

The pre-occupation with food problem pre-dated my eating Weetabix though so was not caused by that at all. I'm still struggling with that. I don't know why but if left to my own devices I would eat all day long because I'm almost constantly thinking about eating. I wish I could turn that off but it's like a record that keeps looping.