Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

katie, check out all Women's Forum. LOTS of great women over there.

Welcome and good luck!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hi i also would love to come on board and have some diet buddies. It seems like I am always on one diet or another. I too have clothes hanging on the treadmill and seem to be looking for that elusive motivation. I am turning 40 very soon and I think might be the motivator of all motivators. Look forward to hearing from fellow dieters or lifestyle changers
Lee 121
Old 01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default New and could do with some diet buddies

I'm Katie...and joining this site is part of my New Year's resolution! I am determined to completely change the way I look, feel, and my level of fitness. I would really like to be able to chat to people in the same boat...I think its helpful to share the good and the rocky times!

Best wishes
Katie
Old 01-07-2012, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Alorea
I think having someone to chat to on a regular basis is really helpful...this site appears to be fantastic and really supportive! I have just joined and I am desperate to finally succeed with shifting my unwanted weight. I too am a nurse, but I teach nursing now...so have a busy life. Now, I realise its about making time for me...as i'm always the last I consider!

I hope you do really well and look forward to chatting to you
best wishes
Katie
Old 01-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Katie, welcome! If you are looking for buddies in the same boat, you (and anyone) are free to check the 7-day motivational thread in the Women's Forum section. We are a pretty active bunch and very chatty about fitness, diet, exercise, and our lives in general. It's a great place to get motivated to stay on track; hope to see you there.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Katie,

I'm starting my NY res too and feel like you and want a buddy. My name is Julie.

Today is my first day. Got to go now, but I will write more later.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Katie

Hi Katie, I am also new as part of my new years resolution would like some diet buddies, as I am overseas ad away from friends and family. goal is 20 pounds to lose, having already lost 40lbs ths year....
Old 01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

I am new as well, 42 years old living overseas in Asia away from family and friends. Would love to have some diet buddies as well
Old 01-11-2012, 05:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile Diet Buddy Wanted

I posted under Atkins Diet but the moderator suggested that I repost here. I am glad that someone is looking at what is going on and is trying to help.

I am on the Modified Atkins Diet and am having trouble breaking 190; the holidays did not help. I am a senior male in good shape and work out and prefer a female but would appreciate encouragement and motivation from anyone. I am willing to reciprocate.

I hope, within the week, to be back down near 190, my minimum weight for the last year. I hope to reach 180 or even less in 3 to 4 months. I need to increase my exercise.

One problem has been maintaining the RDA for potassium intake. I have had a little exercise intolerance with severe leg cramps. Calf stretching, calcium and Benadryl before bedtime and Bilberry have helped. My doctor ordered me to diet but did not support it and interfered with getting a safe potassium supplement in the amount needed. I hated to change doctors but have a new one that is all that I have desired.

I would appreciate linking up with one or more caring people for mutual support, encouragement, help--whatever it takes to keep losing. I hope it will be fun and beneficial for both of us.

You can email at Link removed if they have not "improved" it again and it still works.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-09-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi am new to fitday and this new healthy living.. I am not really going for the bells and whistles latest fads just commited to low carb low fat low calorie healthy portions get my butt to the gym lifestyle change.. I have failed in the past so I am looking for a few people to help push and encourage me along.. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.