Notices

100 lb club

Old 03-20-2010, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain
That's so awesome! 16s are fantastic!! Congrats! I bet you'll be zipping up 14's in no time at all at the pace you're going. As for gardening it's been snowing so I've lost all the seeds I planted outside. I still have tons of seedlings in a spare bedroom converted into a 'greenhouse' and have been spending a lot of time creating new (moving them) gardens. Tons of shoveling since the soil is so poor there's a ton of amending (shoveling) work to make the gardens grow organically. But, like you I love every minute of being out there. Man, you're growing a grocery store!!
I went back later and bought a pair of 14's, just so I would have a new pair of "skinny" jeans that don't fit, something to egg me on a little. I picked them up at Goodwill, got them home and noticed that they are LL Bean! How funny is that?

Sorry to hear about your seeds, the weird part is that it's snowing here too! It was all melted, sun was shining, 50+ degrees for days on end, then BAM snow storm - and it's sticking!!! Happy first day of Spring... I'm jealous of your spare bedroom converted into a greenhouse. Firstly we don't have a spare bedroom of any sort and if we did my garden starts would be the last cause to get dibbs on it. I get a small stretch of the kitchen counter and even that is a battle.

Yes our garden is huge, like 2 acres or some such. We grow it out at my parents farm, because our lot is way too small for all that. The flip side is that my parents pick whatever they want, so does my brother and his family. So the garden feeds 3-4 families and whatever charity cases my mother decides to feed. With the economy where it was last summer I want to say mom gave away maybe 80-100 bags of food and I gave away 30-40. Gardens are good.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AutumnHuntress
Hello all

I'm new to the Fitday forums...but not to Fitday or weightloss in general. 2 years ago, I lost 78lbs, got completely freaked out by my new body and put the weight (and then some) back on. In the past two years, I've struggled to regain that momentum...but I've failed miserably. Over the past month I've struggled with a back injury and sinus infection...and another 6lb gain....

It's time to do something for myself and get this body back into shape. ( I have 4 children...hope for more...and am a stay at home Mom.)

2 years ago, I got a taste of how good it feels to be healthy...and I really want that back. My biggest problems are eating too much and not enough exercise... and a love for chocolate and sweets lol.

Here's the sticky point...I do not want to go back to eating fat free, or processed foods. We've worked hard to get into a whole foods diet and I really want to keep going in that direction. I'm reading the book "Eat fat, Lose fat" by Sally Fallon and Dr. Mary Enig (Many of the foods we eat are from their cookbook Nourishing Trditions) We're also on a pretty strict budget...
We're on a very tight budget too, so I feel your pain on that front. I'm curious as to why you got freaked out by your new body? Care to go into more detail on that one?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
We're on a very tight budget too, so I feel your pain on that front. I'm curious as to why you got freaked out by your new body? Care to go into more detail on that one?
I had something very bad happen when I was a teen...when I had the extra insulation of fat on my body, men didn't look at me in "that" way. After losing so much weight, I started noticing men looking at me again

It was totally a mental thing for me. Since then, my hubby and I have talked about it and I know that I have nothing to fear...I have a wonderful man that loves me just the way I am (and loved me just the same when I was almost 100lbs lighter)
Old 03-21-2010, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AutumnHuntress
I had something very bad happen when I was a teen...when I had the extra insulation of fat on my body, men didn't look at me in "that" way. After losing so much weight, I started noticing men looking at me again

It was totally a mental thing for me. Since then, my hubby and I have talked about it and I know that I have nothing to fear...I have a wonderful man that loves me just the way I am (and loved me just the same when I was almost 100lbs lighter)
That's exactly where my mind went with that one. You're not alone, all of the "skinny" times in my life have been marked by stalker incidents, some of them incredibly scary. One man that stalked me is now in jail for raping a 16 year old girl. Now that I'm in my 40's I'm hoping that sort of problem is a thing of the past. I've decided I'm beyond worrying about wackos, this time it's about me being healthy and dragging my family into the healthy arena right along with me (some of them kicking and screaming). I've also decided to take some classes in self defense. My neighbor lady just got her brown belt and has encouraged me to join her class. There is nothing like knowing that you can kick butt for self esteem and self-empowerment. I also understand it's a great calorie burning workout.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone,
I just love all the information Im getting off this board. Keep up the good work everyone.

Desertmountain...day 25 of exercise? Wow...good for you. I think I may start to change mine up a bit..Ive been walking so much but dds have made the chili as well...we arnt sure what the secret ingrediant is in that recipe but we all love it!!! (and its not much different from what I normally do..go figure?)

Almeeker weighing less than your dh? That is a goal of mine....good for you! I just started to introduce some potatos in my diet this weekend. I ate 1 cup of them last night and still had a little loss this morning and it didnt trigger me to overeat. Will keep it up all week on and off and see by next weekend what happens. I thought it would feel like a real treat eating them after two weeks o fnot..but really they just tasted like potatoes..haha nothing special.

Bellekiss sounds like you had a great weekend! You made a plan and stuck to it!! Your doing it!

Holakitty Im not an expert but losing 9 pounds over 2 weeks is fantastic..I wonder if your body is just trying to catch up with itself...I dont think 3 oreos would do that much damage but I agree with Almeeker with finding something healthy to replace them with. Keeping something special for you at work to use for occasions like this would be a good idea. Just make sure they dont call your name...I cant stop at one package of 100 calorie treat..I have to eat the whole box. When I saw you only ate one oreo a day..I was sooo impressed!! Next week may show a big loss...dont give up and dont give in.

Autumhuntress...welcome and glad your joining us. Im glad to hear your talking to your dh about what your going thru...I hope this helps you. sounds like you have a great guy there....

This week Im going to really really try to stay off the scale till friday...its only 4 days i can do it!! have a great week everyone!

Last edited by pattialbert; 03-21-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Checking in on the weekend

Hi all

It's sounds like everyone is doing good- we all struggle some and sometimes your hit a plateau- same weight for three days -trying to get into the next decade and the scale won't drop - just keep going and I know it will eventually get there. I realize I'm in the for the rest of my life and not a short term loss.

We went out last night and had a couple of drinks, but did not do bad with the food- left room to splurge a little, but the greatest thing is I actually got out on the dance floor- I would have never done that six months ago. Yea.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Talking We can do this!!!

Hi My name is Ashley I just joined FitDay yesterday. I am excited to find people that are going through the same challenges as me. I am a mom of 3. Before I had kids I maintained my weight by the unhealthy ways of starving myself or throwing up as a teen. I was 150lbs before I had my kids and I was toned. I have put on 100lbs since having them over the course of 7 years. I want to loose 100lbs. I realized 3 weeks ago, I dont like having to buy size 18-20 clothes, and feel horrible in clothes that are nice. I want to be able to ride rollercoasters that have special harness weight requirements like the ones at Cedar Point. I feel horrible with the extra weight, my body aches, I have always been a very active person regardless of my weight but just cant loose it unless I am vigourously working out. I want to feel healthy and proud to be me. I am doing this too feel better, be around longer for my kids, look sexy for my husband!!! I have joined shapes and have been working out for a week and a half, I already feel so much better and lost an inch! hope you all will add me as a friend so we can take on this challenege together!!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning,

It sounds like everyone is doing well!! I did pretty good this weekend - stayed in my calorie range and burned lots of calories!! It was great spring like weather yesterday - so we spent the day in the yard - raking and such!! When you have dogs you find all sorts of surprises when the snow melts!! So it was a great day of burning calories and getting the yard to look nice.

I hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Baby Steps...

Thank you Pattialbert! I do have a wonderful hubby...and I'm dragging him kicking and screaming on this journey with me.. lol...like Almeeker He was just fitted with a sleep apnea machine/oxygen Time to get healthy as a family!

My goal for the next two weeks are just getting back to the baby steps....Journal my foods both on fitday and in a notebook. Focus on upping my water consumption. I injured my back a couple of months ago and its flaring up again right now....but just because I can't exercise much, I can still strt moving in the right direction (In the past I would have just given up :P )
Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gunnabhotgrl
Hi My name is Ashley I just joined FitDay yesterday. I am excited to find people that are going through the same challenges as me. I am a mom of 3. Before I had kids I maintained my weight by the unhealthy ways of starving myself or throwing up as a teen. I was 150lbs before I had my kids and I was toned. I have put on 100lbs since having them over the course of 7 years. I want to loose 100lbs. I realized 3 weeks ago, I dont like having to buy size 18-20 clothes, and feel horrible in clothes that are nice. I want to be able to ride rollercoasters that have special harness weight requirements like the ones at Cedar Point. I feel horrible with the extra weight, my body aches, I have always been a very active person regardless of my weight but just cant loose it unless I am vigourously working out. I want to feel healthy and proud to be me. I am doing this too feel better, be around longer for my kids, look sexy for my husband!!! I have joined shapes and have been working out for a week and a half, I already feel so much better and lost an inch! hope you all will add me as a friend so we can take on this challenege together!!!!
Boy do we have a lot in common! 3 kids here too. I think you're going to love this site, I know I do. What I like best is that it's turned my "obese/hormonal/emotional/stressed out over being fat" problem into a "math" problem. Burn more calories than you take in and lose weight - end of story. Although having said that I very much focus on keeping it healthy as well. I've made lots of little changes to the household and so far all of us have dropped a few pounds. Only trouble with that one is that our 6 year old was pretty thin to start with, so I have to keep an eye on her. Meanwhile the rest of us can stand to lose a few more - me in particular.

My biggest reasons for wanting to lose weight is that I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time, that and I was starting to feel like a heart attack wasn't just a possibility, it was eminent. My brother-in-law lost his mom 4 years ago and his dad this past winter, both to complications of obesity. And I got to thinking that if I didn't do something serious and soon, I was going to do the same thing to my kids. My brother-in-law is 11 years younger than me. I can't imagine what my life would have been like the last 11 years without my parents.

As for looking sexy for the husband, all I have to do is put on a Red Wings jersey and/or a UofM hat, and scream "What do you mean he was off-sides?" at the TV and make the occasional slow roasted pork tenderloin. He would love me no matter what size I am, so long as I don't disparage the Wings or the Wolverines he's a happily married man.

So welcome aboard and make sure you take starting pictures. I didn't, and the only one I can find is of my husband and I at his class reunion, it's okay but I would have loved to have front, side and back views to compare with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.